PDA

View Full Version : [PC MOD/TRAINER] Full Energy Regen

TheBlueRaja
5th Nov 2011, 01:34
I know this is something I wanted personally and know others have, too. And since current Energy Regen mods floating around seem to have broke after the last patch I decided to create my own (with a huge amount of help from Cheat Engine). This mod is written specifically for version 1.3.643.1 of the Steam version of the game. It may work with other, retail versions of the game but I make no guarantees.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/168803/dxhrEnergy_Steam-v1.3.643.1.zip

Basically, this mod allows you to regen more than a single energy cell naturally. Just run the trainer (you need to leave it running while the game client is up since this is a memory hack) and adjust the regen level as you see fit and you are golden :)

Enjoy!

http://i.imgur.com/QtJ7A.png

Zombra
17th May 2012, 18:41
Hey TheBlueRaja! Great mod! I just tried it out last night and it works beautifully. Thank you!

I do have a question: is the Regeneration Rate in your tool a flat rate, or is it modified in game by my character's augmentations? In other words, if I set the Rate to 1, will regeneration augs in the game still make a difference?

Thanks again - Z

Baconator
26th May 2012, 12:05
Aargh. I'm using version 1.4.651.0 and it's not working. :(
THIS is the only reason I re-installed DXHR. I hope we get an update.

Zombra
7th Jun 2012, 07:51
Damn bots. You made me think someone made a fix. Begone!

ohmlow
8th Jun 2012, 21:18
So I just recently got the urge to replay DXHR again. Seeing as I found no working recharger script/mod/trainer i updated the base pointer in the cheat engine script to work with the newest patch:

local addr = "[[[[[dxhr.exe+015DE1A8]+14]+270]+6C]+A0]+274";
local f = createForm( true );
local t = createTimer( f, true );
timer_setInterval( t, 1000 );

timer_onTimer( t, function( )
local energy = readFloat(addr);
if math.abs(energy % 30.0) < 0.005 then
writeFloat(addr, energy + 0.01);
end
end );

Been playing for around 1 hour without any problems. Will update/replace if i encounter any difficulty with this pointer. Hope this helps someone! :)

Zombra
11th Jun 2012, 06:28
Seems to work great, thank you ohmlow :)

AgentExeider
18th Jun 2012, 16:17
So I just recently got the urge to replay DXHR again. Seeing as I found no working recharger script/mod/trainer i updated the base pointer in the cheat engine script to work with the newest patch:

end
end );

Been playing for around 1 hour without any problems. Will update/replace if i encounter any difficulty with this pointer. Hope this helps someone! :)

so how do i get the trainer working again with this updated code.

ohmlow
20th Jun 2012, 18:32
This has nothing to do with the actual trainer. You will have to use cheat engine. The end result is the same tho.
Step by step guide:
1. Download, install and start cheatengine.
2. Start Deus EX.
3. Tab to cheat engine.
4. Select the deus ex process from the long list, by clicking the little computer with a magnifying glass.
5. Press CTRL + ALT + L to bring up LUA script editor.
6. Copy in the script, press "execute script".
7. Tab back into the game and enjoy :)

RyanFialcowitz
20th Jun 2012, 23:12
This has nothing to do with the actual trainer. You will have to use cheat engine. The end result is the same tho.
Step by step guide:
1. Download, install and start cheatengine.
2. Start Deus EX.
3. Tab to cheat engine.
4. Select the deus ex process from the long list, by clicking the little computer with a magnifying glass.
5. Press CTRL + ALT + L to bring up LUA script editor.
6. Copy in the script, press "execute script".
7. Tab back into the game and enjoy :)

Whilst the above will work (Although it does produce a slew of errors.), it would be simpler and easier for the community at large for someone familiar with Cheat Engine to make a trainer the incorporates the relevant code as that is the primary function of the program.

- Ryan Paul Fialcowitz

ohmlow
21st Jun 2012, 01:06
Whilst the above will work (Although it does produce a slew of errors.), it would be simpler and easier for the community at large for someone familiar with Cheat Engine to make a trainer the incorporates the relevant code as that is the primary function of the program.

- Ryan Paul Fialcowitz

I was hoping it would instead get people interested in learning how to create own scripts. Whats the point in needing other people to modify games for you? :)

Cloakedfigure
21st Jun 2012, 02:13

end
end );

Wow! If I was a hot chick I'd totally have sex with you right now. But since I'm not I'll spare us both the discomfort of that. :D Thank you for this, I have been waiting for something like this for a long time.

My only question is, does it regain at it's own rate or does it regain based on the battery recharge augments you have?

Also, if it does not recharge based on your current augmentations is there a way to change how fast or slow it recharges?

Thanks in Advance!

ohmlow
21st Jun 2012, 15:02
The script only activates on every full bar. So you have 3 bars, when the first one is full (30 energy points) the scripts kicks in and adds 0,005 energy. The game then interpreters this as "you still have some energy left on the second bar", and starts charging that.
So to answer your question: the battery aug is what sets the recharge speed.

Cloakedfigure
22nd Jun 2012, 02:26
The script only activates on every full bar. So you have 3 bars, when the first one is full (30 energy points) the scripts kicks in and adds 0,005 energy. The game then interpreters this as "you still have some energy left on the second bar", and starts charging that.
So to answer your question: the battery aug is what sets the recharge speed.

Thanks again, Exactly what I wanted!

Cloakedfigure
24th Oct 2012, 18:10
Not sure if anyone else is using this, but there is was a small glitch with the script posted above that a user on gamefaqs found and fixed with a modified version of it. I figured I'd post it here just in case anyone else is interested.

Gamefaq Thread: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/944090-deus-ex-human-revolution/63711093

New Script for Cheat Engine:

if energy then
end
end
end );

DrunkenSurgeon
19th Nov 2013, 22:39
Is there any chance that the Energy Mod can be updated so it can be used in the Director's Cut?

koetty
22nd Nov 2013, 15:35
want to know that too. :)

Cloakedfigure
20th Dec 2013, 10:42
A guy on the cheat engine forums updated the script, they claim it's working. I can not test it myself as I do not have the Directors cut.

Here is the new script:

local addr = "[[[[[DXHRDC.exe+01607B1C]+0]+44]+198]+278]+27c";

if energy then
end
end