PDA

View Full Version : Ending credits sequence was terrible!

gsxr
4th Nov 2011, 22:19
First of all, I really love DX:HR and really appreciate all the hard work the developers have put into their game. The music played during the credits was so amazing, BUT in my opinion those Facebook pictures were extremely cheesy and did not complement the game I just played. They just went on and on... it was sooo out of place.

Imagine you just finished watching the Dark Knight in theaters, the epic theme song starts, and once the credits appear, you start seeing Facebook pictures that the filmmakers included for hell of it. It really broke the immersion considering the previous scene was so serious.

I wanted to hear the amazing music and reflect upon what an amazing game I just played; but in the process I was forced to see such cheesy Facebook pictures! It completely ruined the mood. I would have preferred to see some DX:HR concept art, or just one team picture of the developers at the end of the credits. Overall I thought the ending credit sequence was terrible because of those cheesy pictures! Why did they need to do that? It would have been so much better to put those pictures in an "extras" section in the main menu. I really wish they could patch it so the pictures move to the main menu! Just my 2 cents.

Jordasm
4th Nov 2011, 22:57
"The music played during the credits was so amazing, BUT in my opinion those Facebook pictures were extremely cheesy and did not complement the game I just played. "

I felt bad for thinking the exact same thing. I can see why they did it, but er...it just weirded me out for some reason. But yeah, I think concept art would have been pretty cool instead.

sadmachine
4th Nov 2011, 23:00
Of all the things to complain about. I agree that concept art would've been cooler, but pictures of strangers are marginally more interesting than a black screen. It's fine.

Ashpolt
4th Nov 2011, 23:38
I thought it was great myself, loved seeing the guys and girls who made the game. Really kept my attention during the end credits.

imported_BoB_
5th Nov 2011, 00:41
Same here, I didn't mind at all. It's less boring than a traveling through the city during the GTA's credits that never end for example. Customers usually blame the publishers for every decisions they're making, but it's also good to realize that some people put time into the making of a game.
And I laughed pretty hard when the list of babies borned during the development of the game appeared, no wonder it has been delayed that much :D

Spyhopping
5th Nov 2011, 01:27
I only passively watched a minute or two of the credits, went and grabbed some food while I waited for the end bit to turn up that I had heard about. I thought the snaps of the team were great, it must be an emotionally loaded album for them.

I'm a little confused as to why they are being referred to as facebook pictures though. Is that the new term for photos of more than one person?

kooaznboi1088
5th Nov 2011, 01:56
We were rewarded with a nice cut scene though!

JCDentonMale
5th Nov 2011, 09:28
I felt that they like to drink and have parties when I saw it. I would have prefered concept art pictures instead also. But hey, credits are often the only place where devs are free to put whetever they like :)

rokstrombo
5th Nov 2011, 14:32
I thought it was a pretty cool idea!

Gizmostuff
5th Nov 2011, 16:54
I liked the original's version. The quotes made me laugh. Even if I wasn't there ;)

biofuel
5th Nov 2011, 17:47
Immersion during the credits..? Lol

IdiotInAJeep
6th Nov 2011, 09:15
I didn't mind the pictures but the sudden breaks into 3rd person really ruined the immersion for me during the credits. It's just a sign of the consolisation of gaming now and I guess I shouldn't expect better from Squeenix.