PDA

View Full Version : 47 doesn't seem like a hired killer

4th Nov 2011, 17:44
47 doesn't feel like a hired killer because on everyone of his hits He's hired to kill a bad guy but He's suppose to be killing money.
In Blood money 47 saids "I can kill anyone Im payed to" but all his targets are evil. How is this?
check out this anime called Golgo 13: (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golgo_13) I think thats how a Hitman game should be were the protagonist is sort of a scary individual who will kill good people bad people famous people whatever.

Brackstone17
5th Nov 2011, 01:40
I agree wholeheartedly, I'd like to see 47 go after a few more upstanding individuals this time around. The closest we have gotten is the theme park level from Blood Money.

But I didn't check out Golgo because nothing makes me lose interest faster than someone telling me to "check out this anime".

big_hitman_fan
5th Nov 2011, 01:56
This never really bothered me - it made sense that people who do "evil" or controversial things would get a hit put on them. That aside, Golgo 13 is one of the greatest of all time, and I think the Hitman franchise could learn from that series.

Odinsreaver
5th Nov 2011, 05:46
Agreed, I can't recall any of 47's hits with the target as an upstanding civilian.

6th Nov 2011, 22:11
Just bringing it up because now that 47 is on the run we might not be seeing any hits for clients like on the other Hitman games.

But I didn't check out Golgo because nothing makes me lose interest faster than someone telling me to "check out this anime".How about check out this example of a Hitman that does the the things that a real Hitman does, and then if you want to you could check out Golgo 13. Only if you want to though ... But I wouldn't recommend it though.

Nogarda
7th Nov 2011, 15:07
Surely the less likely people suspect someone of being an assassin the more likely they would make a good one given decent training.

bat_brain
8th Nov 2011, 07:29
idk so much if his marks are evil, but i would agree that in the case of most, they have it coming.

consequently, it would most certainly disturb most people if he were tasked to violently snuff out innocent children instead? therefore, i can see why they script it the way they have.

i would even say that the other games have "punished" the player for killing innocent bystanders unfortunate enough to stumble upon 47 doing his thing, in the interest of preventing witneses.

therefore we already know the organization has specific orders to curtail 47 from doing such as he tries to complete his contracts, further emphasizing the fact that he is indeed a hitman.

Travis_IO
8th Nov 2011, 12:29
A large part of the reason is that in most cases, a contract isn't taken out on somebody who is completely innocent. What would be the justification for that?

BillRye
8th Nov 2011, 23:51
People die to contracts, for business love and personal gain or just for hate of the person all of the above doesnt make the victim a bad person now :P

iaNeil
10th Nov 2011, 00:21
Hitman doesn't decide who he kills. The Agency does. So it just so happens that no one ever called the agency looking for someone to take out over their own personal problems or Vendetta. It doesn't make 47 any less of an assassin. It's not like he'd speak up to Diane and be like "Diane I'm not taking this next hit, my target isn't innocent enough" :/

BigBoss
10th Nov 2011, 01:46
A large part of the reason is that in most cases, a contract isn't taken out on somebody who is completely innocent. What would be the justification for that?

A faceless evil company hires you to kill an honest man who's trying to bring them down? Does 47 just take money, or does he have a conscience that he hasn't expressed until the 5th game for some random reason?

big_hitman_fan
10th Nov 2011, 02:00
I like the stories where the background of the target is someone who is seemingly above the law - looks innocent in every way, but there's a darker secret that is causing them to be targeted. Even in cases where bad guys are hits, its pretty common for 47 not to solve the problem, but be the cause of a bigger war. (e.g. mob/triad hits, political figures, etc)

Travis_IO
10th Nov 2011, 12:11
A faceless evil company hires you to kill an honest man who's trying to bring them down? Does 47 just take money, or does he have a conscience that he hasn't expressed until the 5th game for some random reason?

I wasn't saying that 47 would deny the contract, more answering that the reason his contracts have been to take out somebody with a darker side or who is doing something a bit dogdy is because it's hard to think of a reason for why anybody would put out a hit on a completely random stranger.

What is the justification for putting out the hit, not can 47 himself justify it.

BigBoss
10th Nov 2011, 16:05
I wasn't saying that 47 would deny the contract, more answering that the reason his contracts have been to take out somebody with a darker side or who is doing something a bit dogdy is because it's hard to think of a reason for why anybody would put out a hit on a completely random stranger.

What is the justification for putting out the hit, not can 47 himself justify it.

Uh...... in the example I just said? Or a violent gang that hires him to kill like an upstanding lawyer who's building up a case to put their leader in jail? It's not that hard to think of a scenario, and in the world he currently lives in, it seems as though only evil people are contracted to be killed, which is certainly not the case in real life.

Edit: I would love to hear your response to this

21st Nov 2011, 20:21

I think the word you are looking for is motivation because justification doesn't really have anything to do with it. People can justify basically any action for themselves but justice doesn't really have anything to do with it.
Just think do "good" people put out hit on people? This isn't vigilante justice 47 is working for multiple different clients with different motives.

Travis_IO
22nd Nov 2011, 08:49
Uh...... in the example I just said? Or a violent gang that hires him to kill like an upstanding lawyer who's building up a case to put their leader in jail? It's not that hard to think of a scenario, and in the world he currently lives in, it seems as though only evil people are contracted to be killed, which is certainly not the case in real life.

Edit: I would love to hear your response to this

Don't forget that 47 gets his contracts from the ICA - they decide where to send him off to and who to take out. If he has a conscience or what decisions he would make have never been explored in the games.

Also, I'm not a level designer so this is a personal thought - but if your target was an innocent lawyer, how difficult would it be for 47 to take him out?
Also, how would you feel about that as a player? Would you want to take the lawyer out and what if you didn't want to take him out but were forced to?

rider202
23rd Nov 2011, 11:02
Im taking Travis' side on this one. What's the fun in killing innocent target's?! What kind of innocent person is going to roll with a posse of gangbangers, bodyguards, or police units?

This is no petty hitman, this is THE 47, he gets top end, high profile contracts! No one's going to hire him to kill their husband who's been banging some other woman! He's going to be taking hit orders from the Yakuza, who want to expand into America, to take out the Mafia Godfather's first born child with special instructions to leave his son's hand giftwrapped on the Godfather's desk with the morning paper! Now THAT'S an EFF'N mission for 47!
47 is hired by an evil person to kill another evil person who is cramping the first guy's style.

Also, I don't think it would be interesting to see a hitman who loves to kill people. I know it sounds crazy, but think back to hitman 2 where at the beginning of the game he had given up his violent ways for a life of peace, but was soon thrown into a world of killing, something he didn't want. THAT was and interesting game to play!

25th Nov 2011, 20:12
A innocent person could be under police protection for a number of reasons. A person could be a rich celebrity or just someone in power, but that doesn't mean that that persons has to be evil or up to something bad. But lets just say they are part of the Criminal Underworld take take your mafia story for example: Why is the Godfathers son evil? He might not even be apart of the family business or He might be trying to run away with his girl. that would be way more interesting than the typically evil villains we been getting.
They try way to hard to make shore that 47 targets are bad people. A man has his son killed, a woman has her husband killed for that money, a man is kill in witness protection. All those were done in bloodmoney but they were one dimensional characters so it didn't matter.

Also, I'm not a level designer so this is a personal thought - but if your target was an innocent lawyer, how difficult would it be for 47 to take him out?
Also, how would you feel about that as a player? Would you want to take the lawyer out and what if you didn't want to take him out but were forced to?47's suposed to be genetically engineered to kill so it shouldn't be a problem for him.The game is called Hitman and is about a coldblooded killer so if your going to buy a game about murder you should expect there to be murder.

Shadow47
28th Nov 2011, 01:43
Hitman/47 was meant for that one purpose and has no emotions.

From the things that have been said about Absolution though it looks like the idea of contracts and clients won't be making a return. This will be taking a new direction on a more personal journey based around 47.

BigBoss
28th Nov 2011, 17:39
Don't forget that 47 gets his contracts from the ICA - they decide where to send him off to and who to take out. If he has a conscience or what decisions he would make have never been explored in the games.

Also, how would you feel about that as a player? Would you want to take the lawyer out and what if you didn't want to take him out but were forced to?

For 47? If the story has any consistency with the lore at all, then none because he's a hired killer.

For me? None. I've killed so many civilians in my days of gaming, on purpose and accident that it really wouldn't matter, from Gta to fallout to whatever.

28th Nov 2011, 18:40
Also, how would you feel about that as a player? Would you want to take the lawyer out and what if you didn't want to take him out but were forced to?It'll also have a bigger impact on a player that maybe doesn't want to kill an innocent person because then it'll be a little more than just hitting and Target or a NPC's, the npc's will feel more human.

gyrobot
4th Dec 2011, 21:21
It'll also have a bigger impact on a player that maybe doesn't want to kill an innocent person because then it'll be a little more than just hitting and Target or a NPC's, the npc's will feel more human.

The reason why 47 doesn't go after innocents is because targets like them won't need people like 47. They can hire some lower level agency hitman to deal with them.

And if you want a hard target who needs protection? Why not take a page from Human Revolution and go after a scientist who has escaped to another company who has science secrets which could help a lot of people but is marked because he is essentially stealing.

Nogarda
4th Dec 2011, 23:37
If hitman is on the run I sincerely don't think this will be like what we have come to see before absolution, it just can't play out all happy families etc. And that is out right boring 5th one in if he is on the run only for so long. But obviously the hunter will become the hunted in the end, it's inevitable.

If Hitman becomes a truely independant assassin for hire post absolution we need to see the hits which the contractor is seeking revenge on something as a old school bully (maybe a bit of a crazy sort like in billy madison, but let hitman do the dirty work). The cheating wife and a vengeful husband who knows all about it. Despite the simplicity of the hits they could easily serve as tutorial fodder and storyline set up for bringing too much attention to himself.

Rhamka
12th Dec 2011, 00:28
I dont think 47 is good or bad, i think he doesn't care, and u don't know who u work all the time. Remember the mission in Blood money of the rescue of the CIA agent, he could optionally kill other 2 guys of the NY mafia families, a sudden contract, u might think hired by the opposite side (other mafia group). I dont think bad guys want to kill good guys all the time, but other bad guys too. The way I undestand 47 is a person with no morality for good or bad.

mattnexus
16th Dec 2011, 04:41
I like the contracts having a darker side, as player it is more satisfying to take out targets that 'deserve to die' , however I also like the fact that 47 is pragmatic and will kill if it helps him to achieve his mission, like with that police officer in the gameplay trailer.

Screaming Meat
2nd Jan 2012, 16:28

http://29.media.tumblr.com/RaAhBBk4Ti8wsiayUUTmMYTno1_500.jpg

Gentlemen: to Evil!

omega77
3rd Jan 2012, 01:36

no ones completely innocent, and don't forget we are playing as a guy who has killed hundreds of people in his time lol.

it's all a matter of perspective. also it would have much more emotional impact on the game.

DevilChild96
7th Jan 2012, 15:17
My favorite Hitman game so far is Blood Money. The reason I didn't like contracts was simply because it was a repeat with rain. Blood money had good targets, actual contracts, good maps, and the most accurate AI. If absolution is anything like blood money I'd like it.

DevilChild96
7th Jan 2012, 15:30
I haven't seen enough of absolution yet to judge it. I can't juts say oh he won't recieve a single contract because he probably will, he is a hitman, and in every previous game he has had clients. But lets go back to the end of Blood Money, Diana splits half the agencies cash with forty-seven and the only people of the ICA left were 47, smith and Diana so any contracts given to 47 will be PERSONAL in other words given to him directly from a client to kill someone that they want dead, not 47 wants dead. Just what I've thought.

Arbalister
9th Jan 2012, 21:01
As Travis points out, one has to have enemies to get a contract taken out on them. That sort of implies right there that 90% or more of said contracts would be on people that dearly deserve them. Add to that the fact that the ICA is both very selective and very ... respected ... in their field, then the odds of someone spending the cash required to get the best of the best to off their boyfriend because he looked at Suzy the wrong way are pretty slight.

gyrobot
11th Jan 2012, 06:13
As Travis points out, one has to have enemies to get a contract taken out on them. That sort of implies right there that 90% or more of said contracts would be on people that dearly deserve them. Add to that the fact that the ICA is both very selective and very ... respected ... in their field, then the odds of someone spending the cash required to get the best of the best to off their boyfriend because he looked at Suzy the wrong way are pretty slight.

How about a corporation like Monsanto? Apparently a well known scientist has developed something that could help make crops grow a lot better without needing all those GM products. Not tolerating his **** and suing the guy would be a waste of money. They send in 47 to rub out the scientist and take the research data.

Or maybe provoking a war by killing the easier target who has done no one any wrongs except be a filthy dissident