PDA

View Full Version : How many guns does a guard keep in his pants?

junco577
3rd Nov 2011, 23:37
Answer: As many as you want him to!

I have no idea where they keep them all or how they prevent serious chafing, but guards have an unlimited supply of pistols (and therefore ammo) for the player. Simply KO a guard with another guard nearby who can come to the unconscious guard's aid. The KO'd guard will have dropped his weapon, which you can loot or not based on your preference. After the conscious guard has revived the KO'd one who has lost his weapon, the revived guard will draw a pistol to defend himself. Knock him out again, let other guard revive, rinse and repeat.

I didn't really test this glitch, as it's not something I have an interest in exploiting. It's just mildly humorous in my mind and I thought I'd share since I didn't see anything about it when searching the forums.

http://i40.tinypic.com/200pqup.jpg

gyron
4th Nov 2011, 09:08
EVERYONE in DXHR has a pistol mini-factory in their pants. Sadly, no revolvers can be farmed this way :(

Also: 44 typhoons? Where'd you get that much and what for?

jeyeichkey
4th Nov 2011, 12:02
xeroxii, who made the Punch Punch Revolution parody, also showed this litte feature amongst enemies. It's quite entertaining.

Olgerth Heidern
4th Nov 2011, 14:43
Thanks, I guess it could be a good way to endlessly farm rare guns and ammo.

junco577
4th Nov 2011, 16:00
@ gyron: The typhoon ammo is just the sum of all available to be picked up and bought from limb clinics (each sells 5) to that point of the game. I've used none of it and just stored it away. I'm curious to see how much I have at the end of the game, basically a count of the total number available.

Edit: I actually was prompted to do this collection/count because I saw posts mentioning typhoon ammo being scarce, which I didn't find to be the case.

Kamikave
4th Nov 2011, 16:20
Thanks, I guess it could be a good way to endlessly farm rare guns and ammo.

It works only with the pistol. Whatever rare gun the guard is dropping, he will only draw a pistol once revived.

imported_BoB_
4th Nov 2011, 17:29
They farm guns and they have very good health insurance because you basically break their arm everytime you takedown them, and they wake up like nothing happened :D

itsonyourhead
4th Nov 2011, 17:49
not to mention the fact that you can break the guards arm... then 10 seconds later he'll get up as if he were absolutely fine.

SageSavage
4th Nov 2011, 18:28
How many guns does a guard keep in his pants?

What? No raunchy jokes yet?

imported_the_guy
4th Nov 2011, 20:07
How many guns does a guard keep in his pants?

Ten, thousand, million!!!!!!!!!!! (or 10000000000) :nut:

imported_BoB_
4th Nov 2011, 20:51
Over nine thousands, that's for sure :D

kooaznboi1088
5th Nov 2011, 01:54
Rofl...nice exploit found.

gyron
5th Nov 2011, 19:39
Ogres, thanks to their heavily augmented pants, have infinite rifles:

http://s8.postimage.org/yjjgakk9x/DXHRML_Ogre_CR.jpg

junco577
5th Nov 2011, 22:55
Must be the ogre's bigger shoe size.

Locutus of BORG
6th Nov 2011, 01:32
This bodes well for silenced AP pistol users... that is, everyone. Quite an oversight by EM, lol.

PugPug
6th Nov 2011, 07:13
not to mention the fact that you can break the guards arm... then 10 seconds later he'll get up as if he were absolutely fine.

You'll also hear it "break" even if it's made of metal.

Romeo
6th Nov 2011, 07:22
Must be the ogre's bigger shoe size.
HAHAHAHAHA! That was awesome. :D

This bodes well for silenced AP pistol users... that is, everyone. Quite an oversight by EM, lol.
Yes and no. If you're taking them down, then you tend not to need the ammo. Most of the time I was leaving 10mm ammo behind, because I didn't need more than the 160 I had on hand. Kind of a catch 22.

You'll also hear it "break" even if it's made of metal.
Yeah, you can also apparently choke out heavies, even though their armour would render such an action logically impossible (There's plates that rise up, which would prevent you from applying pressure to the neck). The game really tends not to adapt to different character models. lol