PDA

View Full Version : arkham asylum or arkham city ?

nirvana1
31st Oct 2011, 00:52
hi im new in batman ,witch one is newer and witch one is better?

JD_Method
31st Oct 2011, 02:12
Arkham City is the latest game and came out just two weeks ago. Arkham City is definitely the better game, but I'd still recommend playing Arkham Asylum as it's a brilliant game and you can pick it up pretty cheap these days.

nirvana1
31st Oct 2011, 16:04
Arkham City is the latest game and came out just two weeks ago. Arkham City is definitely the better game, but I'd still recommend playing Arkham Asylum as it's a brilliant game and you can pick it up pretty cheap these days.

tnx, im playing arkham city ,its really awesome ;)

JD_Method
31st Oct 2011, 17:47
It is indeed. Glad to hear you're enjoying it. :)

Kittily
27th Nov 2011, 12:10
I am yet to play either and starting with Asylum :)

Scarecrow007
4th Dec 2011, 22:29
Meh I like Arkham Asylum a bit better cus in Arkham City there is no Scarecrow just some references to him but no scarecrow.

voldo2006
24th Dec 2011, 08:58
Im going to have to agree with you on that. I like arkham asylum a bit more then arkham city. Heck, the riddler in arkham asylum gave me a lot more trouble. The riddler in arkham city....talk about a breeze. I was hoping they would make it more harder but it seems like they kept to pretty low skill level to stroke people's ego's. The fighting.....soso.....not as clean as arkham asylum. Speed changes on you. You can be fighting in slo mode and all of a sudden some guy will come running up to you at normal speed (while everything is else is in slo mo) and hit you. No its not a hard fighting system. ( Was in first place on the windows live but now they got cheat engine noobs taking over. Scores like 100,452,632,325) Weapons are cool.

saintpatrick33
13th Feb 2012, 23:49
But I prefer Asylum over city by far I mean I can still play AA for like the 12 time and it still sucks me in and I really enjoyed most of AA boss fights while city is more a task and quantity .
Dont get me wrong both games are excellent but different and in BAC its seems they let all the characters carried the plot instead of the story .

By Jamming in so many characters they lessened and cheapened alot of stories like Dent and catwoman wasnt really part of the plot but fun to play as a side .

Not trying to be negative on AC as its great also in its own way but different and in BAA scarecrow and Croc makes that game for me and ALWAYS draws me back and BAC is more a Marathon then story more focused on cramming in as many villians as they could but on my 4th time playing and listening more carefully the story is better then my first time through .
Enjoy them both !

Teldar
16th Mar 2012, 10:37
I preferred Asylum a tad more than City. Both are great games though of course.

ZANIACK
22nd Mar 2012, 03:12
I also prefer Arkham Asylum over Arkham City

thedarkknight01
26th May 2012, 20:38
They're both different games. One is Batman out on the streets of gotham. The other is batman rushing around to stop Joker. I'd Say they're equal. A few weeks ago, i'd have said city is better but after I found out about the ending, I decided they're equal. The problem with AA is that the asylum is my favourite building in Gotham, and at the end it gets torn to shreds by plants. That was a step too far.

vincetrlc
18th Jun 2012, 17:02
So far, Arkham City is the best; I liked Akrham Asylum but... Akrham City have variety, and the fact you can control catwoman, it's awsome :D