PDA

View Full Version : Melee weapons, skills and mutually exclusive augs should come back

Dasher10
30th Oct 2011, 23:56
Basically, I'd like to be able to melee somebody without needing a full power cell. Also, knives are just plain cool to have. Secondly, the game shouldn't let me have every aug and should make me choose between two abilities like the first game did. Also, more should be active abilities that need to be activated from the pause menu

Also, I dislike how skills and augs were one in the same. Praxis points and XP should grant different abilities.

Romeo
31st Oct 2011, 03:47
I'm not sure if it's intentional or not, but there's already dozens of posts about this.

VectorM
31st Oct 2011, 07:53
New an interesting thing is new and interesting.

betto.poa
31st Oct 2011, 13:51
well , people just want what they had in a 10 years old game (dx1)!
i dont know how well or bad dxhr selled but a lot of this was from dx1 fans that just wanted all that had on dx1 but better.

VectorM
31st Oct 2011, 14:13
Oh, so they really DID want Deus Ex in HD? Interesting.

Locutus of BORG
31st Oct 2011, 16:27
Unfortunately in the story Adam doesn't evolve his Augs like JC does, they were all built in at the start.. the explanation is that he's 'learning' the augs he already has.

nomotog
31st Oct 2011, 17:54
HR did need melee weapons, or some kind of melee attack. The other stuff it did well. Having all augs available at the start without silly location restrictions works miles better then DX system.

Rainbow6Team
31st Oct 2011, 20:54
Having all the augs at the beginning was lazy approach.

Atleast with the Missing Link,players had to buy and upgrade their augs from scratch.

jeyeichkey
31st Oct 2011, 21:21
@Rainbow6Team
?? What have you been smoking? In ML, after finding your gear, you also got 7 praxis points just like that. For me that was nice surprice, but that could also have been seen as lazy..

Romeo
1st Nov 2011, 10:54
Having all the augs at the beginning was lazy approach.

Atleast with the Missing Link,players had to buy and upgrade their augs from scratch.
This is so absurdly wrong it's insulting to read. Missing Link gives you augs in THE EXACT SAME METHOD YOU UNLOCK NORMALLY. And it isn't lazy in the least, no more so than the original Deus Ex would've been.

VectorM
1st Nov 2011, 11:16
I think that the "developers are lazy" argument is ironically lazy in itself.

zenstar
1st Nov 2011, 11:45
I think that the "developers are lazy" argument is ironically lazy in itself.

You're just saying that because you're too lazy to come up with another argument.
Just like I'm too lazy to finish thi

VectorM
1st Nov 2011, 13:45
You're just saying that because you're too lazy to come up with another argument.
Just like I'm too lazy to finish thi

Pointing out how lazy I am is such a lazy thing to do.

zenstar
1st Nov 2011, 15:46
Pointing out how lazy I am is such a lazy thing to do.

:nut:

Lazeception!