PDA

View Full Version : Locations/Characters I'd like to see in the next DX game

Dasher10
30th Oct 2011, 23:30
Locations

1. London - Think about it, infiltrate Belltower. You'd be taking on an an entire army by yourself. How is that not awesome, especially if Belltower is owned by Stanton Dowd. (Dowd is a Scottish last name so this wouldn't surprise me in the least.)

2. Dulce Base - Much like A51 in the first game, this is a facility that's alleged but not proven to exist where the government is supposedly creating human/animal hybrids. Seeing greasels and karkians being bred and Megan Reed developing the Grey Death would be an awesome moment that would be a revelatory experience which DXHR lacked.

3. San Francisco - Meet the NSF during the Northwest War. Enough said.

Characters

Stanton Dowd

Morgan Everett

Beth Duclaire

Anna Navarre (Apparently there was a Second Israeli Ware of Independence. This could create a cool backstory for her before/where she gets augmented)

Sam Carter

Walton Simons

Phil Mead

Joseph Manderly

Some of the above were mentioned but none were seen. The story is more powerful if characters don't just exist in e-mails.

biofuel
30th Oct 2011, 23:43
Man, this whole Belltower thing just grates my cheddar, I must say. The shape of the game, the texture of the thing in Human Revolution just didn't mesh with that whole Belltower knock-off job of a story arc. In my opinion, they desperately need to refine and remodel how they approach the whole gameplay sheen, Belltower not included, or if they are, then in a whole new light...

EricaLeeV
31st Oct 2011, 03:00
I think there might be a thread on this already...but what the heck, why not?

Locations:

London - Good reason stated by the OP.

Tokyo - I have to admit this one is riding on style for me. Tokyo has always been a crazy place to me and seeing what the art team would do with it would be nice.

Sydney - Big military problems going on in Austrailia in the DXHR timeline I believe.

Mumbai - This just sounded cool whenever the devs announced an Indian city was cut from the story. I would love to see a country like this incorporated in somewhere.

Characters:

Bob Page

Stanton Dowd

Morgan Everett

Walton Simons

I think I just really want to see some serious plot going here...

People I'm pretty sure we are GOING to see (according to the novel):

Gunther Hermann

Juan Lebedev

Zoet
31st Oct 2011, 03:42
I think there might be a thread on this already...but what the heck, why not?

Locations:

London - Good reason stated by the OP.

Tokyo - I have to admit this one is riding on style for me. Tokyo has always been a crazy place to me and seeing what the art team would do with it would be nice.

Sydney - Big military problems going on in Australia in the DXHR timeline I believe.

Mumbai - This just sounded cool whenever the devs announced an Indian city was cut from the story. I would love to see a country like this incorporated in somewhere.

Good list of locations, Especially agreed on Sydney, or even better, an industrial Australian city: as if I understand rightly, the war is over export rights to natural resources. But with one caveat: they must hire Australian voice actors. Fake ones just don't cut it.

As to other locations, well pretty much any city would look cool done DX:HR style.

I have never played the original DX (hides) as I own a mac, so I can't comment on the characters from the first game that I would like to see, But I am certainly hoping to see in a sequel more of most of the cast of DX:HR, in particular Megan and Pritchard.

EricaLeeV
31st Oct 2011, 04:03
Good list of locations, Especially agreed on Sydney, or even better, an industrial Australian city: as if I understand rightly, the war is over export rights to natural resources. But with one caveat: they must hire Australian voice actors. Fake ones just don't cut it.

As to other locations, well pretty much any city would look cool done DX:HR style.

I have never played the original DX (hides) as I own a mac, so I can't comment on the characters from the first game that I would like to see, But I am certainly hoping to see in a sequel more of most of the cast of DX:HR, in particular Megan and Pritchard.

Aww, I won't kill you for not playing the original but it certainly makes the story more worth while to me. Makes you more excited for what might be coming.

If Adam isn't coming back as a main character then I could definitely see someone like Pritchard giving the main a side quest or two (possibly delving into AJ's current whereabouts).

I agree with you on the cities in Austrailia (unfortunately I am not too familiar with any industrial cities down there). And yes REAL Austrailian actors please.

Zoet
31st Oct 2011, 05:11
Aww, I won't kill you for not playing the original but it certainly makes the story more worth while to me. Makes you more excited for what might be coming.

If Adam isn't coming back as a main character then I could definitely see someone like Pritchard giving the main a side quest or two (possibly delving into AJ's current whereabouts).

I agree with you on the cities in Austrailia (unfortunately I am not too familiar with any industrial cities down there). And yes REAL Austrailian actors please.

I would love to play the first game, but the effort to try and emulate games on my mac or set up bootcamp, coupled with me sucking so badly at keyboard and mouse controls just makes it more trouble than its worth. I love my mac but games just aren't its thing :(

There are quite a few cities and towns in Australia based around export ports, and my home city, Newcastle, is one of them.

I fully believe that Adam will be back for another instalment. For DX newbies like me, he is the branding for the game, and it just seems a lot to throw away.

Another kind of city I'd like to see: an south-east Asian city, torn between the traditional and the new. Future Bangkok as featured in the book the Windup Girl was very interesting, and a place that would work in well.

jeyeichkey
31st Oct 2011, 11:18
@Zoet
What do you mean? DX1 was one of the few games at that time that was made for Mac. You don't need to emulate DX1 if you buy yourself a Mac-DX :^)

As for topic,
It would be interesting with some other locations than the regular American and Chinese city. Australia would still be quite on topic. London as well. Hugh Darrow has typical brittish-accent. Maybe some background story around that old man? Or would that perhaps be a little droll?
Stanton Down, as the wiki says, never leaves New York and that name is not his real name. No one knows what his real name is.

Debeers fall into the fridge would be fun to follow. And Everett will be a character that I would like to know more about.
Page will not be a character that one can follow much more than we have already done since he get his fame in the light in DX1. He can keep on conspiracing though :^)

Zoet
31st Oct 2011, 12:22
@Zoet
What do you mean? DX1 was one of the few games at that time that was made for Mac. You don't need to emulate DX1 if you buy yourself a Mac-DX :^)

Unfortunately, like many classic games that worked on old macs, it won't run on a newer intel mac, meaning you have to muck about with stuff like emulation or using bootcamp to run windows as far as I know.

On-topic again, what I especially liked about Hengsha in DX:HR was its sheer wow-factor. Not everyone of course liked this, what with the arguably improbable double-layers and all, but I think that a city that takes your breath away, and is exciting to visit, is a plus. This does not need to come in the form of a hyper-futristic structure like the pangu in Hengsha, but could take the form of a ridiculously tall skyscraper or two, that seems to go up forever, or in the form of a large and densely populated sprawl like an outdoor marketplace.

Jordasm
31st Oct 2011, 12:53
Megan Reed
So I can violently murder her

junco577
2nd Nov 2011, 00:58
Michelle Walters.

I meant this as tongue-in-cheek, but actually it could have possible merit. If the next game is set after DX:HR but before DX1, then perhaps in a final lucid moment on her deathbed she could remember something more about the origins of the key to unlocking bio-mechanical convergence (AJ's ability to accept augments). And I could give her that 200 credits back... or not.

Kvltism
2nd Nov 2011, 12:12
From what I read in the Icarus Effect, with the battle-lines drawn, Melbourne would be the most suitable Australian city. And I would gladly volunteer my (somewhat dubious) voice-acting talents. :D

People I'm pretty sure we are GOING to see (according to the novel):

Gunther Hermann

Juan Lebedev

I would add "Janus" to the list, too. That was too good not to warrant a proper reveal.

re: an Indian city, it depends which way the EM team was leaning. Mumbai is the financial hub of India. But if they were focusing on tech, that makes me think Bangalore could have been their choice.

EricaLeeV
2nd Nov 2011, 13:25
From what I read in the Icarus Effect, with the battle-lines drawn, Melbourne would be the most suitable Australian city. And I would gladly volunteer my (somewhat dubious) voice-acting talents. :D

You could be a civillain! You can make dying noises and everything! :D

I would add "Janus" to the list, too. That was too good not to warrant a proper reveal.

Janus is a definite appearance. I can't wait to possibly have a mysterious helper once more in a Deus Ex game. Though the reason why I didn't say Janus in particular was because I'm sure that Janus is one of the previously mentioned individuals on my list.

Kvltism
2nd Nov 2011, 14:19
You could be a civillain! You can make dying noises and everything! :D
Hey! I'll have you know I can muster up some mean dying groans/cries. ;)

Janus is a definite appearance. I can't wait to possibly have a mysterious helper once more in a Deus Ex game. Though the reason why I didn't say Janus in particular was because I'm sure that Janus is one of the previously mentioned individuals on my list.

I agree. That little teaser was too tasty for it not to be expanded upon in a future title. And I can certainly see how it could be one of the people on your list: Morgan Everett, covertly assisting the NSF in order to further his own personal agenda. DAT CONTROLLED DISSENT. Only, as we know from DX, a certain megalomaniacal twerp, Bob Page, spoils the party for the old guard. We already have juicy material for another prequel... *makes chewing noise* ... and no gristle!