PDA

View Full Version : How would you handle Fizano?

Travis_IO
25th Oct 2011, 08:13
A lot of feedback from the Run For Your Life 17 minute trailer was about Fizano - the rookie cop.

I wanna know what you guys think of Fizano and if you'd follow the same path as 47 did or whether you'd do anything differently...

Here's a re-cap for those at the back:

KjWtuqelHOw

Driber
25th Oct 2011, 09:42
Wow, awesome video!

Suxita
25th Oct 2011, 10:57
okey.I will explain my opinion about Fizano.This guy was unlucky.In some dialog if we hear,it feels like officer dont like this person.because he is new in police structure?no.From some of policeman we can hear dialog about Fizano,how stupid he is. He was surround with
plural pincers.This is realy so realistic.good job eido interactive.Like in real life.If you get new job and start working,all personal looking with you,like a boyscout.all person who starting working in new place is excited,about how much time he want to adapt on new work and if your boss talking with you unkindly,all people who see this thinking,that you are realy stupid or stupefied,and they treat with you like you boss.
This was example.Fizano was unlucky,but so unlucky that he died with 47 hand.

shobhit777777
25th Oct 2011, 18:05
Great thread..The fact that it is being asked is indicative of the 'Freedom of Choice' playstyle in the game

Well, I actually felt sorry for the guy and truth be told I'd try to avoid killing him, but wouldn't think twice if the situation called for it. In this case, It didn't...I'd try to play out the Hostage situation for as long as I could...or even avoid taking him hostage altogether.

BigBoss
25th Oct 2011, 18:46
Don't kill anyone, don't be seen by anyone. Same as what I've always tried to do.

Don't remember which one was fizano (I only watched the trailer once when it came out), so I'm just going to assume it was the guy on the rooftop he shoots and steals his outfit.... It's hard to tell whether or not the helicopter's searchlight was on the door the whole time, perhaps it was just clipping (I know, it's in alpha) but the simplest solution might also be the easiest, when he walks around that corner, you slip out the front door.

Silenced Silverballers
25th Oct 2011, 20:24
Just to make it clear, Fizano is the cop that fixes the fuse box when the lights go off.

big_hitman_fan
26th Oct 2011, 02:15
really great question. it's hard to say what the alternate strategies would be, but some thoughts are:

-> Avoid altogether: around 3:05, there's a moment where we see a staircase to the right, and it seems like no officers have a line of sight - might be worth exploring if you can get up there and pass everyone without having to do a kill.

-> Wait for Dialogue: when Fizano complains to his pal at first, seems like there's an opportunity to wait for them to finish their exchange, and see if his pal changes his guard. (long shot on that one)

-> Don't reveal yourself taking a hostage: around 8:27, we see a pan over to the staircase. Might be worth trying to sneak around (to the right?) and see if there's a way to scale up there without any cops noticing. Maybe see how long the dialogue goes with the group.

-> Distraction: maybe there's a way to distract the group of cops around the 8:20 mark, get them to run into the next room. (in previous hitman games there was the coin you could throw, or you could setup an explosive that has them all investigating what just happened)

Travis_IO
26th Oct 2011, 10:47
Just to make it clear, Fizano is the cop that fixes the fuse box when the lights go off.

Just doubly clarifying that this is in fact Fizano. A lot of the police dialogue is about him.

Some interesting theories so far...

BigBoss
26th Oct 2011, 18:51
Just doubly clarifying that this is in fact Fizano. A lot of the police dialogue is about him.

Some interesting theories so far...

Oh. Pretty much what big hitman fan said, just avoid confrontation at all cost.

Travis_IO
28th Oct 2011, 11:17
Sounds like everybody would save Fizano...

As they might say in a cheesy gameshow - The choice is yours!

shobhit777777
28th Oct 2011, 19:32
Sounds like everybody would save Fizano...

As they might say in a cheesy gameshow - The choice is yours!

Well, I have a question here....How does Fizano's death affect other NPCs. If it gives me a psychological edge....like the Cops being sooo angry they eff up, rush in blindly, get intimidated and back off...Is this modelled in game? If I see ANY gameplay advantages...then yeah.. Mrs. Fizano and the kids are not going to Disneyland this summer.

I felt sorry for the dude...but I'll spend no second to waste him if it gives me an advantage.

I was playing Dues Ex....infiltrating a complex...and eleminated EVERY ONE who had a conversation with me ...100% Deniablity.

big_hitman_fan
29th Oct 2011, 01:01
Let me be clear, I love the hostage taking mechanic in Hitman. Best part of this video imo. I would probably redo this level if there were an achievement of some sort that allowed me to be violent. (like "Take out all cops, except Fizano", or some special kind of rank...)

BigBoss
29th Oct 2011, 01:13
Well, I have a question here....How does Fizano's death affect other NPCs. If it gives me a psychological edge....like the Cops being sooo angry they eff up, rush in blindly, get intimidated and back off...Is this modelled in game? If I see ANY gameplay advantages...then yeah.. Mrs. Fizano and the kids are not going to Disneyland this summer.

I felt sorry for the dude...but I'll spend no second to waste him if it gives me an advantage.

I was playing Dues Ex....infiltrating a complex...and eleminated EVERY ONE who had a conversation with me ...100% Deniablity.

We saw this kind of mechanic in batman, so it's possible......

29th Oct 2011, 03:05
I also was thinking if you kill or don't kill Fizano it could effect even other levels. For example there would be dialogue between the cops if Fizano is like " That bastard kill Fizano He just had a little girl" or something like that. Or if you don't kill him He might make another appearance, and if they had news papers and news TV stations that would also be cool.

shobhit777777
29th Oct 2011, 08:21
We saw this kind of mechanic in batman, so it's possible......

yeah..it granted depth to the gameplay as the mooks got progessively more scared and behaved erratically...actually ramping the diifficulty a bit. A psychological model might be a great idea.

unless, you're being sarcastic and mocking the game for taking on Batman inspired mechanics ;)

I also was thinking if you kill or don't kill Fizano it could effect even other levels. For example there would be dialogue between the cops if Fizano is like " That bastard kill Fizano He just had a little girl" or something like that. Or if you don't kill him He might make another appearance, and if they had news papers and news TV stations that would also be cool.

That'd be great as well...maybe have Fizano as Absolution's 'Agent Smith', he'll pop up in the levels from time to time.

Nogarda
1st Nov 2011, 22:44
Hitman only kills his target, and is a ghost. Fizano will never see anything when I get my hands on this eventually. I plan on ghosting past the lot of them, and only ever taking down people it is unavoidable to bypass with sedative syringes, if they are back(?).

big_hitman_fan
2nd Nov 2011, 01:28
@nogarda sounds cool. I also forgot about knocking out targets that you take hostage - great technique for backing them into a corner, and leaving them there out of view. I didn't realize how much I used that in BM until I went and replayed Contracts.

Nick@IO
3rd Nov 2011, 13:55
How about the sergeant who keep riding Fizano's back? Would you want to take him out?

BigBoss
3rd Nov 2011, 23:15
I don't really play hitman games to fulfill some fantasy where I'm an empowered individual sticking up for the small guy. If he gets in the way, I'll knock him out if possible or else kill him as a last resort, just like anyone else.

big_hitman_fan
4th Nov 2011, 01:51
Same here: didn't have an interest in taking him out. While tempting, it probably means the AI will start shooting at you to retaliate. (at least that's what I'd expect)

I think in a replay, I'd try taking him out if there's a moment where he separates from everyone. Much more interesting than doing it in a hostage scenario. The end of Contracts had a good moment like that.

Also recall being able to throw people forward in Blood Money - might be funny to throw Fizano at The Sgt. and watch his big-4$$ fall over.

I wonder if there's an opportunity to make it look an accident? (maybe timing the drop of the chandler...)

BigBoss
4th Nov 2011, 04:52
accidents designed for non targets? Has that been done before in a hitman game???

Odinsreaver
5th Nov 2011, 05:59
I tend to go for the SA rating, then play it my way, which is to kill with no hesitations, and leave a mess behind.

Nogarda
5th Nov 2011, 10:09
How about the sergeant who keep riding Fizano's back? Would you want to take him out?

That entire opening section looked a-typically easy to learn an master a stealth route to the point I shouldn't need to kill anyone or hopefully even knock them out. What does look balls to the walls interesting to figure out is the escape section with so many cops on the upper floors, roaming the staircase etc. I'm assuming but pretty sure there are multiple escape routes, and I WILL be finding the path which will ghost me through the level.

Hitman is all about options, and I'm not talking the menu either. Classically the games can cater to every style of play, and only remotely 'punish' the player in terms on how efficiant a killer/assassin you where.

In my head the only reason the helicopter spots 47 during that entire section was because the stand-off was purposefully triggered for cinematic reason I know, sure. I also assume it's because it would take quite sometime maybe to wait out the guards to get past them.

If the sedatives are replaced with a knockout choke, please limit the chokes to just two for a SA Rank ala Blood Money restriction, still I highly suspect I will do a 'knockout every person in the map' run Angel of Mercy style.

big_hitman_fan
5th Nov 2011, 16:52
@Nogarda: Would love to see the ghost approach to this level for user. On the knockouts - IIRC, in Blood Money, you could knock out a hostage an unlimited number of times, but they could wake up. The sedative would knock them out seemingly for the rest of your play session. I didn't find that imbalanced the game.

shobhit777777
5th Nov 2011, 17:52
I see a lot of members opting for a operating room-clean playthrough...but IMO I'd definitely take out a couple of the Cops...Knock em out.

1. Bodies attract attention and are a great diversion- The cops on finding one of their unconscious comrades in an area will likely flock there and intensify their search patterns in that region...allowing me to slip by to a now unguarded area

2. KO'd guys means EMT=More people on the scene=More disguises=More escape routes. It'll be easier to pass off as an Ambulance driver when escaping cops.

3. Mass Panic/Chaos- If you're part of a search party and you find your buddy's turning up unconscious, concussed...you'll not be in a very stable emotional state. This could make for interesting gameplay.....spooked out cops shooting at shadows....not being too aware of the surroundings. Instinct vision would pick out the Panicking guards more easily and out to farther ranges, making them suscpetible to attacks.

4. Contingency plan- Just in case I get detected..there'll be two guns less firing at me. KO'd people would not be a threat.

Now I know that Points 2,3,4 are prolly not in Absolution BUT it would still make the fantasy of playing as a professional Hitman that much more immersive.

rotax600
6th Nov 2011, 14:11
In the first couple minutes the sergeant mentions blueprints two or three times and says, when 47 is crossing the library, that there are unguarded exits. When the Sauganash cops arrive i would take the blueprints and escape basically the way the sergeant told me to. As for actual gameplay strategy, i would to avoid all direct confrontations with cops. Without knowing how smart the AI is, im not going to over think my strategy and come up with weird ideas.

bat_brain
11th Nov 2011, 03:14
so is IO interactive and eidos still involved w/ this, or just square enix?

omg that room @ the 13 minute mark :o

i do like how 47 has alot more ability to climb around and look for hiding spots. it reminds alot of conviction, the line of sight and hiding in the shadows. so instict mode will be kinda like night vision goggles then?

the weapon improvisiation is kinds neat. is he on an assignment during this, or is this a separate part of the story?

is this like the tutorial level? will there be a demo?

Shadow47
28th Nov 2011, 05:18
I'm always looking to get that Silent Assassin rating. I would take a more stealth based approach on things. Fizano would live another day.

It is tempting to kill the sergeant, but for anyone who has intentions of a Silent Assassin rating, doing so will throw that out the window.

Something I think that would be good for this game if not already there is the option between a lethal or nonlethal take down. Depending which you use will determine your end rating.

gamnrd
15th Dec 2011, 22:18
I felt sorry for him and I can tell now that with this new game and better AI's I'm gonna have alot of difficulty with my conscience, In the past the only thing that would prevent me from killing was a women screaming they have kids or someone really begging, but now that the NPC's talk more and have more emotions I'm gonna have to show more mercy... or just kill them before they open their mouths hahaha :P

Shadow47
15th Dec 2011, 23:18
Good stories can bring emotions out of the players. This will be one of those stories. Other games are also known for emotions.

Soleil
15th Dec 2011, 23:30
I would keep it with other opinions: Dont kill anyone except the target, dont be seen by anyone killing or stunning other people.

mcescher1
16th Dec 2011, 00:33
I'm always looking to get that Silent Assassin rating. I would take a more stealth based approach on things. Fizano would live another day.

It is tempting to kill the sergeant, but for anyone who has intentions of a Silent Assassin rating, doing so will throw that out the window.

Something I think that would be good for this game if not already there is the option between a lethal or nonlethal take down. Depending which you use will determine your end rating.

non-lethal takedowns would be cool... but seeing as tho your a professional hitman.. your not as 'nice' as most...

hitman is the greatest hitman in the world... not the most 'merciful' hitman.. that might be your grandma'...

but i see your point and i somewhat agree... it would be cool to just put someone in a sleeper hold to knock them out... if you did it from behind they would still have no idea who it was.. or beat them into a critical state.. they wouldn't remember a thing even when they woke up 45 minutes later.. its called temporary brain damage :whistle:

mcescher1
20th Dec 2011, 04:35
After thinking about it... i would take him all the way to the roof with me... and chuck him out off the roof onto the city streets... after taking his uniform of course ...

Travis_IO
20th Dec 2011, 12:55
After thinking about it... i would take him all the way to the roof with me... and chuck him out off the roof onto the city streets... after taking his uniform of course ...

You have no mercy!

omega77
20th Dec 2011, 14:33
it would be great if you could plant something on the chief. make him look like a dirty cop.

or maybe if you spare fizano he actually helps you in later levels (not of his own accord but because he's so clumsy lol).

Barez
21st Dec 2011, 15:09
it would be great if you could plant something on the chief. make him look like a dirty cop.

or maybe if you spare fizano he actually helps you in later levels (not of his own accord but because he's so clumsy lol).

I know what you mean, would be nice tho. I will never kill ppl when others are staring at me. I prefer waiting untill they are gone or something :D

Improveuself
27th Dec 2011, 16:16
I still can't understand how Fizano was initially near the fuse box and then he appears on the staircase area. He just changed the guard area? Is it credible? In fact, as shown in the trailer, 47, should have been discovered before because the kill (4:38) a policeman right in front of the "reading area", the same area before Fizano watched by his companion. then, Fizano and his partner should have returned to his guard zone and discovered the body of the dead policeman. therefore, the stealth of 47 should be broken. Seems to me like a strange case of lucky 47

According strategies, i prefer any strategy that makes me move not seen or detected.

The non-lethal takes down is a very good idea to include in game! and of course syringes too

Baalerith
7th Jan 2012, 04:40
God, if possible I would hit him down there, on his beloved and sensitive place, so in the police corporation they could laugh a little moar.

Otherwise, I would still kill him. Maybe this way they would laugh at him no more. ^_^

I like some action. Being the "Ghost" everytime is pretty boring for me. His escape was brilliant, like "Wow, he just dodged the helicopter and all the cops even after being chased down the stairs and killing a cop".

I would probably kill the cops while holding Fizano, taking him as my human shield, and then killed him. I don't know if there's going to be a "choose your targets and click a buttom to kill them", I've heard it's included. I would use it there.

47 enough for me. ^_^

Demoni91
7th Feb 2012, 01:28
I would stalk the sergeant untill hes on his own and a bit away from the others to strike.. take the leader out !
But usually I would avoid everyone but the target.

nonprofitkilla
8th Feb 2012, 02:37
Can we choose to knock him out if we have him in a human shield? If so I'll keep him alive, but if we can't he's a distraction

BigBoss
8th Feb 2012, 03:27
The real test will be to find out if you can sneak that whole level without being seen at all.

Barez
27th Feb 2012, 14:34
The real test will be to find out if you can sneak that whole level without being seen at all.

Idd, ppl other ideas ? this topic is fun don't let it die :rolleyes:

Batik
29th Feb 2012, 04:54
I might kill him in a silent way. Also, I want to take his uniform if that's possible.

Doctalen
4th Mar 2012, 01:55
I felt bad for the cops in the trailer TBH. I'll try to not kill as many as I can. A few corpses can't be helped at times though

SpartanWarrior_
5th Mar 2012, 19:31
Just like in the old Hitman games first time through I will kill everyone, no mercy I will shoot,stab,push people off ledges whatever but the second time around its all about getting that silent assassin award.

Travis_IO
6th Mar 2012, 09:10
Just like in the old Hitman games first time through I will kill everyone, no mercy I will shoot,stab,push people off ledges whatever but the second time around its all about getting that silent assassin award.

So how are you going to take down Fizano?

Doctalen
6th Mar 2012, 12:10
So how are you going to take down Fizano? He's going to stab him, the shoot him, Then drag his body to a ledge and throw it off :p

shobhit777777
6th Mar 2012, 13:35
I would KO that twerp, steal his Uniform and hide him somewhere while gleefully laughing as I make my way out and wonder the sheer amount of BS Fizano will have to put up with after he got Knocked the ****ed out, got his clothes, weapons and radio stolen AND allowed the perp to escape.....the dept. will make his life a bigger hell than it already is.

sgg847
8th Mar 2012, 17:01
Why only one hot key ((x)snap neck) in human shield mode? Is it possible to headshot him, to knock him out or to release? 4 different actions with Thomas Bo Larsen would be awesome!

MrAtmea
11th Mar 2012, 13:44
Why only one hot key ((x)snap neck) in human shield mode? Is it possible to headshot him, to knock him out or to release? 4 different actions with Thomas Bo Larsen would be awesome!

Did 47 not do that in one of the Run for your life trailer? I believe he took a guy hostage and then shot him through his heart. And it would just be stupid from IOI if you could no longer knock the guy out etc.

sgg847
11th Mar 2012, 14:54
1. Did 47 not do that in one of the Run for your life trailer? 2. I believe he took a guy hostage and then shot him through his heart. And it would just be stupid from IOI if you could no longer knock the guy out etc.

1. No. He doesn't.
2. You missed my point. I have said about Hot Key on display.
3. Those who play with gamepad ( console/ PC) will have more fun if HUD shows at least 4 different actions for four different buttons (x, y, a, b)
4. There is way to make human shield more funny with disabled HUD if 4 different actions become random.
You unlock achievement -> you get possibility to activate random (shuffle) mode (optional). So, if player takes someone as hostage, he doesn't know what next action he will do with victim.

Overdose
14th Mar 2012, 14:36
The only cop that should be killed in the mission, during the escape, is the one on the roof-top, right when the officer is sent inside the building to look out for you. There is definitely a call-up to kill, because you'll need the suit to proceed further on. Even though this badass attitude that Hitman poses in is against his old style (by that I mean, roughly killing people and brutality), I have to admit it looks amazing and after all, in this situation he needs to do it, in order to escape.

shobhit777777
14th Mar 2012, 15:52
Even though this badass attitude that Hitman poses in is against his old style (by that I mean, roughly killing people and brutality), I have to admit it looks amazing and after all, in this situation he needs to do it, in order to escape.

I dunno about that....it is what 47 would definitely do. I mean he garrotes people for god sakes...which BTW is very messy and brutal. The series has always portrayed 47 as disturbingly ruthless and sometimes a downright ******* in the ways he kills some people.

Overdose
15th Mar 2012, 13:22
I dunno about that....it is what 47 would definitely do. I mean he garrotes people for god sakes...which BTW is very messy and brutal. The series has always portrayed 47 as disturbingly ruthless and sometimes a downright ******* in the ways he kills some people.

The original Hitman we knew was silent and deadly. This one uses brutality to kill cops, as you can see in the video, he's more violent. I think that's a big difference, his killing skills have been severely modified.

shobhit777777
15th Mar 2012, 14:32
The original Hitman we knew was silent and deadly. This one uses brutality to kill cops, as you can see in the video, he's more violent. I think that's a big difference, his killing skills have been severely modified.

Ummm...You can't 'use' "brutality"...it is native to the action. Garroting someone is also an extremely brutal and a cold-blooded act. The sharp string cuts into the neck, the victim struggling as you squeeze the breath out of his life. A quick choke-neck snap or quick shots to the heart are a more humane (all relative here)
Plus a bust to the head is as good as sticking a butcher's knife into someone's neck...all the blood spurting out and the victim thrashing about.

Come to think of it.....47 has never been very clean or precise about killing in close quarters earlier. Bloody stabs, reckless choking...the only plausible way was the syringe.
Now we have a quick shot to the skull-enemy down. Or it is a more realistic neck choke-snap after 47 lays the victim down on the ground...less thrashing, less noise, and quicker.
Sure the signature fibre-wire is also there....hence you still have the option of using it to simulate what you feel is 'clean and precise'.

luminar
17th Mar 2012, 02:32
I'd prefer not to kill Fizano, but if he shoot's he's dead. As for the sergeant sure he's a jerk. But being a jerk doesn't mean you should die. However again if he shoots hes dead!

AmazingTabeeb
20th Mar 2012, 00:49
In all honesty, if the mission/level allows for a great variety of tactics I would replay it and try all but firstly:

1. Stealth- I'd look for a way to avoid all contact with all AI, I enjoy the intensity of ghosting in shadows by choice. Sneaking past when no ones the wiser, even setting of distractions if possible. So as for Fizano I would see how many opportunities the game allows to manipulate him towards my end goal like:
-Using as a shield
-Knocking out
-Or even simply distracting enough that he himself becomes a distraction for the other officers allotting me my escape.

2. Kill everything. Really speaks for itself and I would aim to be as brutal as possible :D

DLovas_
21st Mar 2012, 00:06
Hitman only kills his target, and is a ghost. Fizano will never see anything when I get my hands on this eventually. I plan on ghosting past the lot of them, and only ever taking down people it is unavoidable to bypass with sedative syringes, if they are back(?).

exactly - exactly - exactly.

Get in. Get out.

40 minutes later Fizano will still be tryin to fix the lights.

MrAtmea
21st Mar 2012, 14:11
I would try to avoid him, but if he saw me killing a target he would not live to tell about it.

Thoth42
21st Mar 2012, 17:47
I prefer to only "kill" target(s) and try and circumvent security by any means other than lethal when I am on my silent assassin mode. My 47 doesn't kill civilians or at least tries hard not to.
I also prefer accidents>situational>garrote>guns. The replay value on the missions is great however trying all different combinations and the new AI in absolution looks like the gunplay will FINALLY be decent.

SpartanWarrior_
21st Mar 2012, 21:36
Is T-bagging a special skill I can use when I get my instinct meter all the way up?

AmazingTabeeb
23rd Mar 2012, 14:36
Is T-bagging a special skill I can use when I get my instinct meter all the way up?

You sir have amused me. *clap*

Honestly, replay value goes a long way for me. I think the playing it one way where none's to be the wiser as ghost tactics are used to sneak past are a big thing. Having high marks based on a stealthy approach and never being discovered. Striking, then returning to shadows :whistle:

tbcdlad
10th Jun 2012, 05:29
First, I'll probably try and sneak past Fizano and the police chief. Then, I'd probably execute them both without alerting the other cops. Finally, I'll just take out everyone. Not in that exact order of course.

4s4sin96
14th Jun 2012, 08:51
I will use him to get out, then I will let him LEAVE! :o