PDA

View Full Version : Getting Ghost for Alice Garden Pods

slackie
24th Oct 2011, 11:34
Not sure if this is a bug or something, I wonder if anyone noticed that the Alice Garden pods mission, the minute you take down one guard, for some strange reasons you'll lose Ghost status.

Only way I could get Ghost for that mission is to go a complete stealth run w/o take downs. I'm wondering if anyone else facing the same problem or is it just me?

Lv4
24th Oct 2011, 16:39
I didn't have the problem. I didn't take down each of the guys but at least 3 of them if I remember correctly, and I got ghost.

Kalian
25th Oct 2011, 00:51
When did you play it last?

I tried it several times, and if I just killed one guy unseen even stealthed, I lost the bonus.
Maybe they fixed it with a patch. I havent played the vanilla game for quite some time now.

slackie
25th Oct 2011, 02:30
Ok, here's what I tried so far...

Complete stealth all the way right to the exit... did a save first, went back and do a double take down of the 2Belltower guards near the exit. And then exit immediately, managed to get Ghost. If i'm to take down all the 4 guards in the beginning part of this mission, even unseen and bodies hidden in the pod, no Ghost.

Platinumoxicity
25th Oct 2011, 04:22
I got through without a single detection or a takedown. Without augs. :D

Kalian
25th Oct 2011, 07:32
thats not really hard imo, I find it more challenging to take down everyone and get the Ghost Bonus

slackie
25th Oct 2011, 08:49
I went for double takedown + stealth.. but no matter how careful and meticulous not to be sighted as well as hide the bodies, there's no way I could get Ghost.

I've been getting Ghost for all other mission, except for this one, so not sure if it's a bug or something. Interestingly, I could get Ghost if it's a stealth walkthrough.

gyron
25th Oct 2011, 12:37
Strange, I always get Ghost with clean sweep on this mission without problems: meaning I can always tell when I get detected and fix the mistake with a simple quick-reload. The only opportunity to lose Ghost here without warning is if 3 soldiers on lower floor see their friends' bodies on 2 upper floors (they sometimes can see bodies through the railings after you alert them).

What version (PC/console, build number) do you play? Can you describe your strategy or make a video?

Lv4
25th Oct 2011, 13:21
When did you play it last?
It was mid september. Try to load a save game before entering the area (seems there is some xp bugs with incorrect saves).

slackie
25th Oct 2011, 19:37
I think I found out what the problem is... in some of the games, one of the guards on the 2nd floor is spawned in the wall - he's there on the radar, but somehow doesn't show up. This happens randomly and when you attempt to crawl through the air vent near that room, the guard will somehow 'see' you (inside the air vent that's totally enclosed) and go hostile.

Here's what I've tried so far and still managed to achieve Ghost.

1) Double take down on all the guards in the top floor where the mission starts

2) Left those on level 2 alone (avoid using that air vent on 2nd floor)

3) leave all guards alone until I reached the bathroom where the turret and 2 guards. Double take down the guards in the bathroom, double take down the 2 guards in the laundry and lastly double take down the heavy and one other guard near the exit.

4) Carried the turret to the main square and set it against the enemies. (Yes, I still got ghost with that even tho enemies went hostile)

PugPug
26th Oct 2011, 00:03
I think I found out what the problem is... in some of the games, one of the guards on the 2nd floor is spawned in the wall - he's there on the radar, but somehow doesn't show up. This happens randomly and when you attempt to crawl through the air vent near that room, the guard will somehow 'see' you (inside the air vent that's totally enclosed) and go hostile.

Yes, I have had that happen. He can "see" you in a lot of weird places on the map, including the stairwell as you leave the area. Since he can also see you from the ventilation shaft leading out, you have to use the Cloak aug to maintain Ghost.

slackie
26th Oct 2011, 02:55
Yes, I have had that happen. He can "see" you in a lot of weird places on the map, including the stairwell as you leave the area. Since he can also see you from the ventilation shaft leading out, you have to use the Cloak aug to maintain Ghost.

The interesting part is, this is the part of the ventilation shaft that's totally concealed, but somehow, the enemy is still able to see part of you unless you cloak.

I have this bug with Fema facility level 1, where the box guard and 2 mercs are when you first enter after Highland Park. I take down the guard, drag him under and into the long hidden underground vent. I always get detected when I pull the body to the intersection of these network of vents that are below.

PugPug
27th Oct 2011, 08:40
I can confirm that getting Ghost is possible escaping from Alice Garden Pods, though Smooth Operator is not (there is no alarm, though there is a camera). I did it tonight, though none of the spawns were bugged. I performed nonlethal takedowns on everyone. None were left standing.

Interestingly, when that guy's spawn does bug out, you can still get him with a gas grenade if you throw it next to the wall he's behind.