PDA

View Full Version : Boss Silliness: Yelena Fedorova

Jim Bolder
22nd Oct 2011, 22:27
(PC version)

I found this bug while playing through on hard mode. Basically, if you stun her with PEPS right at the beginning of the fight, and then hit her with something right afterwards, she will teleport a short distance and freeze up.

Edit: Apologies, just found another vid of this glitch on youtube. >.<
Interesting glitch nonetheless if you didn't know about it already.

qKw-XO195ug

pukster
22nd Oct 2011, 22:52
It drives me up the wall how long it takes to change weapons. It makes it less tactical for me.

PugPug
23rd Oct 2011, 00:57
The heavy rifle bit was funny.

Jim Bolder
23rd Oct 2011, 07:50
The heavy rifle bit was funny.

Yeah I lol'd.

Also found out about this glitch on the third boss fight, but apparently I wasn't the first on this either.

elVCxc0hwBs

Romeo
23rd Oct 2011, 08:52
I like how it goes from mind-numbingly ridiculous to sad and serious directly after.

"I AM AN INVINCIBLE BULLET SPONGE. I WILL STAND RIGHT HERE."
Two seconds later...
"Please help me... I'm dying."

Jim Bolder
23rd Oct 2011, 09:48
I like how it goes from mind-numbingly ridiculous to sad and serious directly after.

"I AM AN INVINCIBLE BULLET SPONGE. I WILL STAND RIGHT HERE."
Two seconds later...
"Please help me... I'm dying."

Though impressive, she grossly overestimated her own ability to soak up 12 gauge and high velocity military grade ammunition to the face.

Imperator
23rd Oct 2011, 10:07
LMAO, I'm gonna have to try that.

I prefer to stun her and then throw several frag mines at her in a row (doesn't require a change of weapons). Over in a few seconds.

Ilves
23rd Oct 2011, 10:38
Had the freeze bug happen once as well on PS3. Nice opportunity to see how much care EM put into the boss models. Ace design.

By the way, it just occurred to me how totally similar the Federova fight (concentric arena design, boss cloaking, big taunting AI face in the center...) is to the Shodan-battle in SS2 (@ 00:06:00)! :eek:

lmp_PRTp-QY?

pukster
23rd Oct 2011, 14:16
I've never played system shock 2, but for some reason I thought Eliza was a reference to it.

Jibbajabba
23rd Oct 2011, 15:02
(PC version)

I found this bug while playing through on hard mode. Basically, if you stun her with PEPS right at the beginning of the fight, and then hit her with something right afterwards, she will teleport a short distance and freeze up.

Edit: Apologies, just found another vid of this glitch on youtube. >.<
Interesting glitch nonetheless if you didn't know about it already.

qKw-XO195ug

She freezes up like that at the very beginning of the game too, when you are too quick in running through and you get near her before that fire door closes (at Sarif HQ) ....

Romeo
23rd Oct 2011, 19:07
She freezes up like that at the very beginning of the game too, when you are too quick in running through and you get near her before that fire door closes (at Sarif HQ) ....
Didn't happen to me... Did that prevent you from progressing through the level though?

Jibbajabba
23rd Oct 2011, 19:31
Didn't happen to me... Did that prevent you from progressing through the level though?

It prevents you for playing yes as she neve vanishes through the vents, hence the lab door never openes. Happen to me a few times on a speed run on the PS3 - never on PC though :)

Romeo
24th Oct 2011, 07:04
It prevents you for playing yes as she neve vanishes through the vents, hence the lab door never openes. Happen to me a few times on a speed run on the PS3 - never on PC though :)
That's weird! Never had that happen on my PC or my Xbox (And I've gotten close enough to poke her in the eyes).

...Even though you just warned me it effectively stops the playthrough, I kinda want to try and make that happen on my next run. Possibly because it'll break the game. lol

Jibbajabba
24th Oct 2011, 07:34
That's weird! Never had that happen on my PC or my Xbox (And I've gotten close enough to poke her in the eyes).

...Even though you just warned me it effectively stops the playthrough, I kinda want to try and make that happen on my next run. Possibly because it'll break the game. lol

Game has been patche since though, so good luck lol - l'll check later, might still have a picture of it :)