PDA

View Full Version : I hear footsteps...

ATLW
20th Oct 2011, 10:35
... And they do not belong to the guard whom is patroling the area outside the door.

Seriously?
Why do guards instantly react to footsteps, when there are multiple guards in the area? :scratch:

zenstar
20th Oct 2011, 10:38
They wear special shoes.

Ashpolt
20th Oct 2011, 11:16
Their shoes are augmented.

Fixed that for you!

Brockxz
20th Oct 2011, 11:28
it's a game :D but yes, it doesn't make sense and a lot of things doesn't make sense in games because someone didn't think thoroughly through all pros and cons of some gameplay elements.

But i can try to make explanation that most likely enemies have some augmented radar as you have and can see if there is friend or not behind wall :D

zenstar
20th Oct 2011, 12:24
Fixed that for you!

Haha :) thank you. Your version is much better.

it's a game :D but yes, it doesn't make sense and a lot of things doesn't make sense in games because someone didn't think thoroughly through all pros and cons of some gameplay elements.

But i can try to make explanation that most likely enemies have some augmented radar as you have and can see if there is friend or not behind wall :D

Easy integrated HUD that simply eliminates the detection of friendly units (since a central server is recording where everyone is or the suits are sharing a frequency and sharing position) while highlighting unknown intruders.

Try stealing their wifi boots.

Platinumoxicity
20th Oct 2011, 12:32
... And they do not belong to the guard whom is patroling the area outside the door.

Seriously?
Why do guards instantly react to footsteps, when there are multiple guards in the area? :scratch:

Because when guards are patrolling, they aren't running. When you run, it sounds suspicious because nobody has said anything about anything that would make their buddies run around the place.