PDA

View Full Version : Ideas & Criticism

Tekinette
11th Oct 2011, 15:39
Looking at the last gameplay video, this is what comes to mind :

- The game looks heavily scripted, I really hope the AI will be good and we'll still have a lot of freedom. I loved to be able to play the same missions over and over and always be surprised.

- Graphics looks good but hitman's bald head seems to lack some details (after all we stare at the back of his head for most of the game) and I find his eyebrows really ugly, they re so thick.. I want to see his cold killer eyes, not his eyebrows..

- Voices seems a bit silly :hmm: Humor is good but I hope it won't become a GTA type of humor game, kinda ruins the hitman atmosphere.

- Vision thing seems like a bad idea, a vision of footsteps that he hears in a short distance would be a better option I think.

- Hitman's running animation isn't natural at all. I really hope it ll be better in the final version.

- The gun could have more knockdown power, adds more fun (remember the desert eagle in the first games ? :D ).

Anyways that's just my opinion, I'm looking forward to play this new Hitman! I just wanted to post some suggestions & criticism to see if I'm the only one that feels the way I do and in case a dev reads this forum..

BigBoss
11th Oct 2011, 15:54
^ The generic throat cancer voice is kind of lame and the only problem I had with the animations was the object interaction. When he "picked up" the statue, it just kind of appeared in his hand. Kind of weird.

jagjitbansals
13th Oct 2011, 21:19
I hope the game isnt linear like tom clancys splinter cell if it is allot of creativity and replay value is lost, i think the in game characters should respond emotionaly to the things happening to them and be random like in real life , sometimes they should react in different ways, and can influenced by interactions like some are helpful and some dont like things as others do. linear games are like a bad movie that you have to click through..

More interactions with whats around you and realism, would make something different..

bloodmoney was my favorite hitman, i dont like the splinter cell look, but id have to play it to be sure..

Vehicles and scenery that can be changed, like blowing up a building or leaving gas taps on,, c4,

the mission from james bond license to kill where he uses plastic explosive toothpaste and a sniper rifle to pop some guy out a building is good , maybe have a mission like that.

another theatre sniper mission is a must..

a mission with different ways of completing it.. and begining it ie choose to be employed as a chef, or get an invite, bribe entry.. depends on before skill on levels

lose the tattoo its stupid, $500 for removal in the game lol

not too much sensitivity on hitman, ie when he is seen a guard would question first and may even not say anything.. unlike splinter cell too sensitve.

Hitori
21st Oct 2011, 17:01
lose the tattoo its stupid, $500 for removal in the game lol

Comon now, the reason he does not have it removed is because he's not noticed it's there yet, and neither has anyone else. :nut:

Anyhow the tattoo is not stupid, it's he's name (learn to read lol). :lol:

Also they have yet to make use of it in a scene where he returns to he's old home, walks upp to the barcode reader and the guards gets a nasty suprice when checking he's ID.

Anyhow if he was to have it removed, he then gets a mission requiering him to pose as one of the other clones, and then he has to re-do the darn thing (now that is stupid).

Also he's always in a disguice, if that barcode was not there we would eventually forget what game we are playing and start acting like a tourist. :lmao:

BillRye
27th Oct 2011, 03:57
My main concern is that the devs stray away from the roots of the series with 47 picking up the bust and bong and bashing the head of the cop it doesn't make much sense as to why a trained hitman would do more brutish ways to kill people,

Second fear is that it becomes a ezmode title with no challenge left for the fans of the series that it keeps to the roots of the series character wise for agent 47

Final fear is that the devs may be rushed for the production of the game and the quality of the game diminishes, hopefully the devs will take time to tweak the bugs fix the glitches and make sure the game will succeed so they dont poo in the face of there fans.

shobhit777777
27th Oct 2011, 05:18
My main concern is that the devs stray away from the roots of the series with 47 picking up the bust and bong and bashing the head of the cop it doesn't make much sense as to why a trained hitman would do more brutish ways to kill people,

I don't really think that a 'trained hitman' would be concerned over the brutality of the kills

47: "Hmmmm I wonder If I have enough time to do a double pirouette flying kick, or maybe three point cobra punch to the throat, or how about a slick throat slash with a knife?"

nope He'd pick up a nice and heavy bust and smack you over the head with it. Minimum energy maximum damage.

As for the roots of the series...killing someone with a garrote or stabbing them in the throat with a knife isn't exactly less 'brutish' than caving their skulls in with a piece of rock.

BillRye
27th Oct 2011, 07:48
As for the roots of the series...killing someone with a garrote or stabbing them in the throat with a knife isn't exactly less 'brutish' than caving their skulls in with a piece of rock.

your right but it was stealthy what is sneaky about bashing the head in with a bust or bong?

Travis_IO
27th Oct 2011, 08:45
Freedom of choice is still at the heart of the game.

The playthrough shows off many of the different features and some of the different styles that are available in a natural way. You don't have to use the bong, bust, power cord or baton if that's not your style but they are there if you want them.

shobhit777777
27th Oct 2011, 12:27
your right but it was stealthy what is sneaky about bashing the head in with a bust or bong?

I dunno..what's sooo sneaky about a vicious stab to the throat with blood flying all over and the victim flailing about? :rolleyes:

I think its ingrained in people's head from too many movies and novels that a silent knife cut to the throat is stealthy...that using a fiber wire evokes a sneaky image...they traditionally think it to be silent and stealthy way to take out targets. But the fact is that "Stealthy Takedowns" are not the way you imagine them to be..swift and silent. They are sneaky enough to prevent too much commotion and quickly take down the victim so that he can't raise the alarm....but as an at itself they are noisy.
All of the above are forms of quickly incapacitating a target.....they are not "Literally" silent.
The Knife/Fiber Wire kills are more deliberate and sure means, when you sneak up on someone and slit their throats we immediately think "STEALTH" whereas the bong and Bust strikes are more as an improvised way to knock someone out in a hurry...remember, 47 is on the run and needs to get out of the place fast...and because they seem more aggressive, we feel "NOISY!". When He uses the bong it is as a last ditch effort to prevent the cop from recognising him and alerting the other cops to 47's disguise...so 47 does what he does to contain the situation.

Imagine this:

Scenario 1- 47 silently stalks and approaches a target from behind and uses the Fiber wire to quietly kill the target

Scenario 2- 47 walks up to an unsuspecting guard, disguised as a guard himself, and when he closes in, he uses a nearby prop (telephone, lamp, bust etc.) to immediately KO the guard

Scenario 3- 47 is on the run and is about to be discovered by 2 guards he immediately picks up the nearest weapon and invades their brain. Not exactly 'stealthy' in the classic sense...but he removed 2 threats immediately without anyone knowing, preserved his disguise and the target is still unaware of his presence

The CQC systems adds a new dynamic to the gameplay.

BillRye
28th Oct 2011, 00:06
I dunno..what's sooo sneaky about a vicious stab to the throat with blood flying all over and the victim flailing about? :rolleyes:

I think its ingrained in people's head from too many movies and novels that a silent knife cut to the throat is stealthy...that using a fiber wire evokes a sneaky image...they traditionally think it to be silent and stealthy way to take out targets. But the fact is that "Stealthy Takedowns" are not the way you imagine them to be..swift and silent. They are sneaky enough to prevent too much commotion and quickly take down the victim so that he can't raise the alarm....but as an at itself they are noisy.
All of the above are forms of quickly incapacitating a target.....they are not "Literally" silent.
The Knife/Fiber Wire kills are more deliberate and sure means, when you sneak up on someone and slit their throats we immediately think "STEALTH" whereas the bong and Bust strikes are more as an improvised way to knock someone out in a hurry...remember, 47 is on the run and needs to get out of the place fast...and because they seem more aggressive, we feel "NOISY!". When He uses the bong it is as a last ditch effort to prevent the cop from recognising him and alerting the other cops to 47's disguise...so 47 does what he does to contain the situation.

Imagine this:

Scenario 1- 47 silently stalks and approaches a target from behind and uses the Fiber wire to quietly kill the target

Scenario 2- 47 walks up to an unsuspecting guard, disguised as a guard himself, and when he closes in, he uses a nearby prop (telephone, lamp, bust etc.) to immediately KO the guard

Scenario 3- 47 is on the run and is about to be discovered by 2 guards he immediately picks up the nearest weapon and invades their brain. Not exactly 'stealthy' in the classic sense...but he removed 2 threats immediately without anyone knowing, preserved his disguise and the target is still unaware of his presence

The CQC systems adds a new dynamic to the gameplay.

Scenario one sure makes seance.

Scenario two: how about them sedatives?

Scenario three: how about being sneaky enough to avoid said confrontation with said two guards in the first place kinda sounding like the old style games for a moment so i gotta dumb this down.... derr kill all derr with a pulse derr.

shobhit777777
28th Oct 2011, 05:32
Scenario one sure makes seance.

Scenario two: how about them sedatives?

Scenario three: how about being sneaky enough to avoid said confrontation with said two guards in the first place kinda sounding like the old style games for a moment so i gotta dumb this down.... derr kill all derr with a pulse derr.

Scenario 2: Oh...I dunno Billy, I don't think the guard will take too kindly to big bald guy approaching him with a syringe :rolleyes:
then again with the game AI not being Human....go ahead.

Scenario 3: So...I assume you will ONLY be sneaking throughout the game....no access to restricted areas, not KO'ing guards, not encountering situations where your cover is blown? How about contingencies Bill? Oh wait maybe you're too hardcore and everything always goes according to plan right? It's never happened you KO a guard and hide his body but then realize that a patrolling NPC might discover it?
Maybe it's not 'Dumbed down', maybe it's beyond your comprehension :whistle:

Barez
20th Dec 2011, 20:30
I love to complete mission without changing suit, it would be GAME OVER for me if your forced to change your suit. Then the freedom of choice would be gone.. in Blood Money i have done all mission (of course not the first times i played it, and when i discovered all places and rooms etc) without changing my nice suit. For me personally it feels good to complete a mission like that! (y) Aslong as your not forced to play a guard or police im happy. It also doesn't mean i would never take clothes of cops or guards. Again sorry for my english :D

Shadow47
20th Dec 2011, 20:56
When he "picked up" the statue, it just kind of appeared in his hand. Kind of weird.

^ That is something I think needs fixing. Objects don't appear in your hand like magic happened. I think they need to show his hands/arms moving to grab the object.

mcescher1
20th Dec 2011, 23:10
^ That is something I think needs fixing. Objects don't appear in your hand like magic happened. I think they need to show his hands/arms moving to grab the object.

47 moves like ninja... you no see him

Confucius say hand quicker than eye

... but seriously 47 is quick and uses as little movements as possible...

he wouldn't lug his arm around and scoop up the statue... we don't need to see him 'pick up' the statue ... its not important.. hes like lightning ... you see it and then its gone...

i feel the same way about opening doors... we don't need to see him reach to open a door and extend his hand ... 47 opens a door as quick and quiet as possible and in a way that allows him to be ready for action... hes not going to dramatize it fyi

Snippersalja
21st Dec 2011, 06:05
There better be classic wide open hitman type levels with free roam at least sometimes, if not all the time. This I demand. seriously though What I saw looked good, but ultimately too close to splinter cell conviction (or perhaps this was only in the context of the level "run for your life", at least I hope it is). It looked vastly improved from splinter cell, but still WAY too enclosed for a hitman title . Free roam with glacier 2 would be so engrossing. A few different gameplay elements and IO interactive charm alone will not save this game from being generic. First I had to see metal gear rising go to hell, and now this. By god IO, please don't "innovate" to much.

rob3342421
26th Jan 2012, 17:13
I really love the Hitman games ever since silent assassin on the PS2 I loved them, me and my dad used to go through the levels trying to better each others scores :)

I really love the look of the new absolution footage and hope, like the others in this post the scenarios are free to do your way and that they aren't scripted. Although if they are I doubt they'd be badly scripted because Eidos/IOinteractive/gods have been making the series for a very long time and I'm sure they'd know how to please their fans =]

But onto my opinion of the game so far. The graphics as usual look pretty and as I understand it they've been given the freedom budget wise to really perfect the visuals & mechanics of the game. The game play reminds me a bit of batman? with the "47-sense" to see where the AI is going and some of the cut scenes (well actually only one; when the feet drop down onto the ledge it just reminded me so much of batman) plus the ledge take down? I doubt anyone can even physically do that!. So I hope the developers aren't being influenced by other games too much, don't get me wrong, I love the batman games but Hitman doesn't need a cape!

And the bit where he picks up the statue, why doesn't he just push the cop down the hole????!

This is a silly thing but in the previous games I hated how if you died, you would have to watch a 10 Min slow-mo shot of 47 falling to the ground. It was interesting the first time but after a while it gets annoying. So if a menu came up with options to restart etc as soon as he died; that would be nice =p I really loved the weapon customisation side so if that was in absolution too that would be cool.

If I could add anything to the game it would be a hardcore difficulty or an option to turn off the "47-sense" and the arrows that tell you if a guy recognises you. Things should go back to when they rub their chin and go "hmmmm?" or maybe if they tap their buddy and ask if they recognise you? that would be cool :)

One last thing. I know, understand and love that Hitman doesn't have multiplayer, lets face it multiplayer wouldn't work. Unless its one on one, and one persons the Hitman, the other a guard?!! oh my what have I stumbled upon :P i was going to suggest leader boards but 1V1 Hitman sounds awesome!

Hope some of this feedback helps the devs make another kick ass Hitman game to the series :)