Mike_B
10th Oct 2011, 16:22
NWf3dPKYf1E

neonfish
10th Oct 2011, 16:33
awesome.

Moeez
10th Oct 2011, 16:43
Before everyone goes crazy, I just hope this is a scripted setpiece tutorial to the game, and is just a change of pacing before the actual mission.

First of all, GODDAMN Glacier 2 engine rocks! All those NPCs at the end, and the animation detail of them is superb. I felt sorry for that rookie cop :(

The X-ray vision is turned off on higher difficulties, so at least that puts my mind at ease.

SKIP to 12 minutes onwards is where it feels like Hitman of old with social stealth. I'm sure this video is just to highlight the improvements in combat and animations. Cautiously optimistic for a future walk-through of a proper mission.

Xcom
10th Oct 2011, 17:30
Wow!

Nogarda
10th Oct 2011, 18:05
Absolutely Stunning, My jaw hit the floor with the slo-mo sequence when he jumped the roof with the helicopter. I feel it's obvious that you can avoid confrontation to get up those stairs avoiding that chase sequence, though it was epic, and alternatives open up waiting out the cops to leave or arrest the stoners, or take a bribe. plus the option to take the stairs means you could potentially avoid the cops at the end and avoid a confrontation all together.

The finale was just epic, I never spotted the moment you where no longer playing in that sequence first time it was awesome.

matteume
10th Oct 2011, 18:47
just awesome! :) can't wait until release

UhUh
10th Oct 2011, 19:23
Loved it, good job IOI.

Underking
10th Oct 2011, 21:32
My impressions from this gameplay video:

Good:

Graphics
Animations
Voice-acting
Light and dark stealth mechanics besides the usual field of view

Bad:

Super-powers
One button takedowns triggered too far from the enemies
Point A to B level design
Lots of scripted events and few actual gameplay possibilities
The helicopter sequence

BigBoss
10th Oct 2011, 23:57
My impressions from this gameplay video:

Bad:

Super-powers
One button takedowns triggered too far from the enemies
Point A to B level design
Lots of scripted events and few actual gameplay possibilities
The helicopter sequence

- If you are talking about that crazy vision mode, it's optional. So don't use it.
- You could literally do the EXACT same thing in blood money with fiber wire/syringe/etc.
-It was a walk through. I'm not exactly sure how you can demonstrate open ended levels in a single walk through, maybe they'll show the same level in a new way in the next video.
- Same as above^
- this may be a matter of opinion, but I personally saw what appeared to be a way to avoid it. Watch it again and see if you notice....

Anyways, the game looks awesome from a gameplay standpoint. I'm interested whether or not I'll actually care about the story of this one, given how I skipped most the cutscenes in the previous titles.

Jorman
11th Oct 2011, 02:27
While I do like the visuals, what I don't like is (all is my opinion as a series long time fan, who has played through all Hitman titles and should not be raged at, forums ARE for opinions) :
-changing the voice actor
-the musical score is epic, but inappropriate in a Hitman game, goodbye, mr. Kyd
-most of things and events seem to be scripted (hopefully it's just the tutorial of some sorts and not an actual mission)
-it looks too linear, in a game like Hitman devs should show different approaches in their first gameplay reveal video imho
-mind reading and x-ray vision should definitely be off in any difficulty mode higher than normal, otherwise it's a gamebreaker for the core audience (which doesn't seem to get any attention) if forced to use them in any way
-radar is really unnecessary and somewhat breaks the feel of it all

Reminding you that it is only my humble opinion and should not be taken as fanboy insult to the devs, but I really hope that rest of the game is not scripted that much, even for the "cinematic feel" (which Blood Money has without all the slow-mo and script-upon-a-script approach), cause it ruins the style somewhat for me.
Also, I do understand that for the developer's own good they have to make a game very "badass" looking (although I think the most badass-looking thing is to finish the mission on silent assassin rating, while wearing your own suit), so large quantities of people buy it, but for some of us here this game might bury the series for good in our vision, if the same approach is carried over to the rest of the game.
So I sincerely hope, that IO will still deliver the game, that is true to all the previous titles and brings something new and fresh, but doesn't burden it with new things for the sake of casual (no offence intended) audience, and keeps the spirit of the series. And BRING BACK DAVID BATESON!!! :)

Moeez
11th Oct 2011, 04:20
Since the map won't be in the game which was also overpowered showing the alert states and positions of enemies that you haven't even encountered, I can see the Detective vision being a substitute for that.

I never used the map in previous games, and just like this game won't use the Detective vision on higher difficulties.

Moeez
11th Oct 2011, 05:03
2 new features I noticed:

- You can "sshhhh" just like whistling in Splinter Cell, to attract enemies' attention.

- Hiding your face near enemies, which leads to a slow-mo scene where you can hear their reaction to your presence.

Acid_Burn
11th Oct 2011, 05:45
This mission might not be in the full game as it is in the video.
Instincts are optional. You can turn them off on any difficulty level.
This demo is linear because it's goal is to show some new features and piece of new gameplay. But still you can finish it in many different ways.

And I'm very glad everyone finally can see what IO did and many of you liked it. :)

Moeez
11th Oct 2011, 07:32
This demo is linear because it's goal is to show some new features and piece of new gameplay. But still you can finish it in many different ways.

And I'm very glad everyone finally can see what IO did and many of you liked it. :)
Any difficulty? Sweet.

Yeah, loads of demos have different level design and scripting than in the real game, for example E3's showing of Splinter Cell Conviction.

IO should be proud of the particle FX in that scene with the helicopter blowing all the bits in the room. Crazy stuff.

xAcerbusx
11th Oct 2011, 08:47
It's... Batman: Arkham Asylum.

Don't get me wrong, Batman: Arkham Asylum is great. But I've already played it. And it doesn't have particularly high replay value.

Blood Money was released in 2005, and I can still go back and play it like it was the first time. It's that open-ended and packed with replay-value.

This... this does not look good. It looks like they gave the game the Splinter Cell: Conviction treatment (and that didn't go so well for Ubisoft). If the game opens up a bit later on, I'll gladly recant. But this isn't encouraging.

Jorman
11th Oct 2011, 11:11

Like I said earlier I don't mean to offend IO in any way, I'm just hoping that they created the experience that will boil blood in my veins and make me wanna shave my head, tatoo the back of my head and wear suits all day long :D IO is one of my favourite developers and I love 'em! Shame about Jesper Kyd not making the score for this one though...

Fortyseven
11th Oct 2011, 11:18
I lost my appetite about everything in game industry after I saw the gameplay. No doubt we are looking at game of the year.

Next generation of soundtracks is here baby.

BigBoss
11th Oct 2011, 16:10
- Hiding your face near enemies, which leads to a slow-mo scene where you can hear their reaction to your presence.

Those scenes will only be intense once. After you know if your uniform passes there is no longer tension in it and the slo-mo will become an annoyance. I hope you can turn it off or at least have the slowing part of the mechanic be turned off......

Tungbui
11th Oct 2011, 17:31
PLease fix the "pick up" animation, I know you guys could do better than just let stuff automaticlly apear in 47's hands. It's a new and powerful Glacier 2 engine you guys having there. Fix it.

BeardedHoplite
11th Oct 2011, 17:56
Very impressive walkthrough! The rain effects and on the clothes and such are pretty damn cool. My only complaint is 47's (new) voice-actor sounds too American for the character, sounds like someone with hair.

Acid_Burn
11th Oct 2011, 18:25
sounds like someone with hair.
:lol: The best comment ever.

Actually, he sounds very good. You'll be surprised (in a good way) when IO reveal his identity. ;)

BigBoss
11th Oct 2011, 18:58

Actually, he sounds very good. You'll be surprised (in a good way) when IO reveal his identity. ;)

It better not be Tim Olyphant

nonprofitkilla
11th Oct 2011, 19:17
It better not be Tim Olyphant

Timothy Olyphant is actually a pretty good voice actor. However this is not Timothy Olyphant.

I do wish they had kept Jesper Kyd and David Bateson though. I thought the score had an Inception like feel to it, which is not the greatest in a Hitman game. Plus I found the voice to be a noticeable change. Don't forget this is just IMO.

However there is one thing I would love to know: Will they still have the Hitman of old as well, where the level is open ended and you still have to eliminate a person and there's still the rankings, etc?

Also please tell me weapon customization is still in.

Deus_Ex_Machina
12th Oct 2011, 03:25
Visuals looked amazing.

Animations, for the most part, are good. The grabbing NPCs/items animations should be fixed.

Sound effects, overall, were good.

Game mechanics looked solid.

I'm assuming/hoping that the simplistic one path approach is just for E3 demo purposes, because every other Hitman has been about multi path solutions.

The voice actor for Agent 47 in that video is absolutely doo doo butter. The worst voice over I've heard in any videogame in a while. Bring back Bateson.

Deus_Ex_Machina
12th Oct 2011, 04:00

That someone better not be Elias Toufexis, because while his VO in DXHR was DECENT, if not cliched, he would be horrible for the role of Agent 47.

In the end, it doesn't matter who is the voice actor for 47. If it's not David Bateson, it's terrible.

bam_ba_ba_bam
12th Oct 2011, 13:31
hey guys,
I´m new here so i guess i start out with "hi"

i wonder if there are any hit indicators like bulletholes in the bodies of the enemies liek in previous hitman blood money
unfortunately i couldn´t see them in the gameplay when he shot the 3 cops.
&
when do you guys think is the next gameplay going to be released?

thanks alot

Mr.X
12th Oct 2011, 14:01
Hay IOI You have a great game here and as one of the mods i think said : you can turn instinct on and of !! this game is great and as i said on the FB Page instinct should have more than simply one route i mean at the beginning of the Walk when 47 climbed down and that cop came well in my opinion the cop was thinking ( if in real life ) of three things : not enter the place and just take an outer look or as slated in walk enter and see or enter and see and walk around . i know with instinct in advanced lvl it has endless possibilities but you can narrow it to 2-3 right ? i know this will make the game bigger but bigger is better right ! Oh and one thing we HAVNT SEEN IN ALL OF THE GAMES ..... if you are 47 in real life and ppl know you have this trademark thing on your head and they see you and know it is you wont they atleast try and catch you ?? i think you get the point !

Platinumoxicity
12th Oct 2011, 19:44
Greetings from the Thief 4 forum. :wave: I came here to needlessly dissect the gameplay video. I know the video looks pretty bad, especially to the fans of purist stealth games like Thief 2 and Blood Money, but that might not be a sign of anything, because it really looks like a heavily scripted demonstration rather than a real mission.

About the takedowns... Hitman has always had takedowns. Strangling someone with a fiberwire isn't instant. It looks like in Hitman 5 you need to decide whether you want to decrease your professionalism rating by quickly killing your enemies, or risk exposure by taking them down non-lethally, but less quickly. It forces you to better calculate who you should incapacitate and at what moment you should do it.

The goods and the bads:

+I think it's good that you actually get to sneak around people in the dark and there isn't absolute instant detection. There still is the Splinter Cell: Conviction -style binary stealth that works by measuring the time you spend in someone's FOV, but it's better than in Blood Money where if someone sees one pixel of you from a mile away, they start shooting. And you have the ability to incapacitate people non-lethally without using some ridiculous syringe that you only have a limited supply of. The parts where the player killed cops were obviously just to demonstrate improvised weapons. I've heard that in order to even hope to get the best rating, you absolutely can't kill anyone else than the person you set out to assassinate. Which would mean that if the mission was to escape like in this video, you couldn't kill anyone, unlike what the person making the demonstration did.

+I think it's good that 47 is more agile, meaning that he can climb better and stuff. Within reason of course. He's no spiderman. In Blood Money he was a stone statue that let out extremely tired grunts whenever he climbed his slow arse on top of a half-meter high ledge.

+ I actually like the new "Hey, don't I recognize you?" thing, and the fact that the AI can order eachothear around to check certain spots. And the fact that they notice if their buddy disappears, even though in the video the guy didn't really do anything about it. Must've been scripted that way.

+ The dialogue among the cops makes all of them feel like people, instead of NPCs.

- Obviously, there's no need for x-ray vision in a 3rd person game like this. Especially since there's a damn map in the bottom that shows where all the enemies are, just like in Blood Money, except in-game. Also, the path prediction is just handicap-accessibility, and insults the intelligence of any and all videogame players. Nobody is stupid enough to not realize that a person walking forward is walking forward.

- The demo was obviously scripted beyond belief. The player had rehearsed everything that he was going to do, and everything that the AI was going to do. You can see this easily by observing how little he pays attention to his surroundings constantly. After sneaking past one cop, he never looks back afterwards to see if the cop turns back and sees him, and this happens constantly in the video. The cops have all been programmed to look away at certain spots as he player progresses through the demo. And the player still manages to start FAILing when the cops start pursuing him. Just run you idiot. Another thing that is ridiculously obvious is the way the background music conveniently builds up to the exact precise moment when the player decides to drop the chandelier. The scripts in this demo cannot make it into the final game because you would need "choreography" to play the level correctly.

- It's hard to talk about linearity when the whole level has been pre-programmed in advance to show features in a gameplay trailer. The actual final version probably won't, and can't be the same. Pre-programmed demos are not supposed to be released, because they are virtually unplayable if you don't know the steps of the dance. If this mission makes it to the final game, it'll probably be a linear training level, just like "the Death of a Showman" in Blood Money. I hate that kind of level, but in this game it actually looks better than in Blood Money, because none of the scenarios look like they force you to kill anyone. And because they are looking for you from the start, it doesn't really matter that you are forced to be detected at some point. Who knows, maybe in the final version you can ghost the whole mission without touching anyone else than the cop you steal the uniform from.

- I hate the way game development hasn't advanced one bit since the late 1990's when games like Metal Gear Solid introduced wall-hugging. Even though modern gaming technology allows for fully dynamic wall-hugging animations with no need for "hold this to stick to wall" nobody is even attempting it. I hope one day games will grow out of this and bring back regular 3D character movement scheme, but where the wall-hugging is integrated dynamically to the player's actions. ie. When you go next to a wall, your character looks like he's leaning against it and minimizing his silhouette. It isn't any harder to implement than how Altaïr pushes people aside as he moves through the crowd in AC. It's basically the same thing. It's just a wall. I don't need the game to glue me next to it when I try to take cover behind it. I can use my game controls to move the way I want.

BigBoss
12th Oct 2011, 23:34
Wall hugging was integrated into the controls in mgs 1,2, and 3.....

Platinumoxicity
13th Oct 2011, 06:18
Thanks. It's fixed now.

BigBoss
13th Oct 2011, 06:48
lol

Mr.X
13th Oct 2011, 12:25
Greetings from the Thief 4 forum. :wave: I came here to needlessly dissect the gameplay video. I know the video looks pretty bad, especially to the fans of purist stealth games like Thief 2 and Blood Money, but that might not be a sign of anything, because it really looks like a heavily scripted demonstration rather than a real mission.

About the takedowns... Hitman has always had takedowns. Strangling someone with a fiberwire isn't instant. It looks like in Hitman 5 you need to decide whether you want to decrease your professionalism rating by quickly killing your enemies, or risk exposure by taking them down non-lethally, but less quickly. It forces you to better calculate who you should incapacitate and at what moment you should do it.

The goods and the bads:

+I think it's good that you actually get to sneak around people in the dark and there isn't absolute instant detection. There still is the Splinter Cell: Conviction -style binary stealth that works by measuring the time you spend in someone's FOV, but it's better than in Blood Money where if someone sees one pixel of you from a mile away, they start shooting. And you have the ability to incapacitate people non-lethally without using some ridiculous syringe that you only have a limited supply of. The parts where the player killed cops were obviously just to demonstrate improvised weapons. I've heard that in order to even hope to get the best rating, you absolutely can't kill anyone else than the person you set out to assassinate. Which would mean that if the mission was to escape like in this video, you couldn't kill anyone, unlike what the person making the demonstration did.

+I think it's good that 47 is more agile, meaning that he can climb better and stuff. Within reason of course. He's no spiderman. In Blood Money he was a stone statue that let out extremely tired grunts whenever he climbed his slow arse on top of a half-meter high ledge.

+ I actually like the new "Hey, don't I recognize you?" thing, and the fact that the AI can order eachothear around to check certain spots. And the fact that they notice if their buddy disappears, even though in the video the guy didn't really do anything about it. Must've been scripted that way.

+ The dialogue among the cops makes all of them feel like people, instead of NPCs.

- Obviously, there's no need for x-ray vision in a 3rd person game like this. Especially since there's a damn map in the bottom that shows where all the enemies are, just like in Blood Money, except in-game. Also, the path prediction is just handicap-accessibility, and insults the intelligence of any and all videogame players. Nobody is stupid enough to not realize that a person walking forward is walking forward.

- The demo was obviously scripted beyond belief. The player had rehearsed everything that he was going to do, and everything that the AI was going to do. You can see this easily by observing how little he pays attention to his surroundings constantly. After sneaking past one cop, he never looks back afterwards to see if the cop turns back and sees him, and this happens constantly in the video. The cops have all been programmed to look away at certain spots as he player progresses through the demo. And the player still manages to start FAILing when the cops start pursuing him. Just run you idiot. Another thing that is ridiculously obvious is the way the background music conveniently builds up to the exact precise moment when the player decides to drop the chandelier. The scripts in this demo cannot make it into the final game because you would need "choreography" to play the level correctly.

- It's hard to talk about linearity when the whole level has been pre-programmed in advance to show features in a gameplay trailer. The actual final version probably won't, and can't be the same. Pre-programmed demos are not supposed to be released, because they are virtually unplayable if you don't know the steps of the dance. If this mission makes it to the final game, it'll probably be a linear training level, just like "the Death of a Showman" in Blood Money. I hate that kind of level, but in this game it actually looks better than in Blood Money, because none of the scenarios look like they force you to kill anyone. And because they are looking for you from the start, it doesn't really matter that you are forced to be detected at some point. Who knows, maybe in the final version you can ghost the whole mission without touching anyone else than the cop you steal the uniform from.

- I hate the way game development hasn't advanced one bit since the late 1990's when games like Metal Gear Solid introduced wall-hugging. Even though modern gaming technology allows for fully dynamic wall-hugging animations with no need for "hold this to stick to wall" nobody is even attempting it. I hope one day games will grow out of this and bring back regular 3D character movement scheme, but where the wall-hugging is integrated dynamically to the player's actions. ie. When you go next to a wall, your character looks like he's leaning against it and minimizing his silhouette. It isn't any harder to implement than how Altaïr pushes people aside as he moves through the crowd in AC. It's basically the same thing. It's just a wall. I don't need the game to glue me next to it when I try to take cover behind it. I can use my game controls to move the way I want.

I just want to comment on the thing in red :

They know that there is a map but what if there are 2 cops side by side or close to each other and you activate instinct and it shows that there is someone coming !! who will it be which cop !! so thats why -ray is implemented ( i think )

Platinumoxicity
13th Oct 2011, 13:50
lol

What's so funny? I didn't remember that MGS had wall hugging because it has been almost a decade since I last played it.

I just want to comment on the thing in red :

They know that there is a map but what if there are 2 cops side by side or close to each other and you activate instinct and it shows that there is someone coming !! who will it be which cop !! so thats why -ray is implemented ( i think )

I don't really get what you were trying to say. To me it sounds like what you said already implies that instinct is necessary, and you just need to find out which enemy is approaching. (?) I think that the player should pay close attention to his surroundings so that he doesn't run into an approaching enemy. And if an enemy says: "Hey, check in that corner over there" -that should be a good enough indicator that someone is coming and you need to do something about it. To me, Instinct doesn't sound like a new feature that is being added to Absolution, but more like a feature that was in Blood Money that is being removed. In Blood Money you, the player needed to predict the enemies' movements. With Instinct 47 does that for you.

Forklift
13th Oct 2011, 17:07
Splinter Cell: Conviction 2.

Platinumoxicity
13th Oct 2011, 17:58
Splinter Cell: Conviction 2.

You're wrong. In SCC you are forced to kill people to proceed, you have infinite ammo, there are no non-lethal takedowns and you can't even hide bodies. ;)

BigBoss
13th Oct 2011, 18:48
What's so funny? I didn't remember that MGS had wall hugging because it has been almost a decade since I last played it.

I don't really get what you were trying to say. To me it sounds like what you said already implies that instinct is necessary, and you just need to find out which enemy is approaching. (?) I think that the player should pay close attention to his surroundings so that he doesn't run into an approaching enemy. And if an enemy says: "Hey, check in that corner over there" -that should be a good enough indicator that someone is coming and you need to do something about it. To me, Instinct doesn't sound like a new feature that is being added to Absolution, but more like a feature that was in Blood Money that is being removed. In Blood Money you, the player needed to predict the enemies' movements. With Instinct 47 does that for you.

Don't worry, I didn't mean anything by it.

As for your complaint about the xray vision, the devs said it's completely optional and you don't have to use it, so don't worry about it.

Forklift
13th Oct 2011, 21:24
You're wrong. In SCC you are forced to kill people to proceed, you have infinite ammo, there are no non-lethal takedowns and you can't even hide bodies. ;)

Aaaaand that's where the differences end.

nirvana1
13th Oct 2011, 22:51
its a good game,but its not hitman

The Fez
13th Oct 2011, 23:32
its a good game,but its not hitman

Inherent contradiction? I don't know. It would seem to me that a game called Hitman would be, tautologically, a Hitman game. Of course, the real question might be, "what makes a real Hitman game?"

Having played the previous installments in their totality, I can't really say that the core and fundamental gameplay elements herein diverge dramatically from the source material. There is stealth, assuredly, and then there are brutal assassinations. And then all of this is being done by Agent 47 as he is undoubtedly sucked into yet another insidious conspiracy.

It falls in line.

What Eidos has quite evidently done, however, is bust out their shine-box, and done shined Hitman up right. There are now visual/audible flourishes that we could have only wished for in previous Hitman games. The video drools atmosphere. No one can deny it. The way audio ties into the gameplay? Immaculate. The hippies? Hilarious.

Based on what I've seen, Hitman: Absolution is a step in the right direction.

kheammachart
14th Oct 2011, 01:53
awesome

BigBoss
14th Oct 2011, 03:55
Aaaaand that's where the differences end.

Please name some similarites

nirvana1
14th Oct 2011, 10:27
no drag bodys,no change clothes? are this jobs still available or not? or maybe they'r still,but no need them anymore

Travis_IO
14th Oct 2011, 11:54
no drag bodys,no change clothes? are this jobs still available or not? or maybe they'r still,but no need them anymore

The full 17 minute walkthrough includes changing clothes.

It's important to remember that this is a pre-alpha build designed to show off some of the features in the full game. Hiding bodies will be in the full game.

nirvana1
14th Oct 2011, 12:05
The full 17 minute walkthrough includes changing clothes.

It's important to remember that this is a pre-alpha build designed to show off some of the features in the full game. Hiding bodies will be in the full game.

i know ,i said changing clothes and drag body or any thing of last hitman 's maybe not useful like old school and its very very silly :nut:

nirvana1
14th Oct 2011, 12:10
and whats about : see other side of the walls??????:eek:

is that a magic game? i have a bad feeling about that. please remove that imagination

BigBoss
14th Oct 2011, 18:24

So you're basing your whole argument that this game is spinter cell conviction 2 on 3 things (two of which have already been proven wrong, do some research) you have yet to see in a single demo? :scratch:

You shouldn't do that, you'll look really dumb when the game is out.

nirvana1
14th Oct 2011, 19:35
So you're basing your whole argument that this game is spinter cell conviction 2 on 3 things (two of which have already been proven wrong, do some research) you have yet to see in a single demo? :scratch:

You shouldn't do that, you'll look really dumb when the game is out.

so whats your idea?

BigBoss
14th Oct 2011, 22:22
so whats your idea?

Of what, whether or not this is a conviction clone? If the game looks good or bad? Similarities to other 3rd person action games? The revealed mechanics?

15th Oct 2011, 01:04
Complaining about the X ray is kind of pointless seeing how on past games you could see NPC's anywhere and everywhere and nobody said any thing about magic but now you can just see through a wall and its a problem.

First of all, GODDAMN Glacier 2 engine rocks! All those NPCs at the end, and the animation detail of them is superb. I felt sorry for that rookie cop :(
That was my favorit part of the demo but Im sure He could of just knock him out. If you kill that guy you should hear other cops talk about it in a later mission. They need to have sub plots like that through out the whole game.

Vincent
15th Oct 2011, 08:21
Why does everybody complain about something that can be turned off?
But I do have to say two things that I really don't like. The sneaking-movement looks very bad. Try walking this way only through one small room, your back will start complaining. The old movement was way more realistic and actually looked better. Know it's the movement that exists in every game.
And the second thing I don't like is the picking up movement. Objects get into your hand without even having touched them. I know such things are difficult to implement and that the HMBM wasn't the same engine as this one, but in Blood Money it was way better than this.

Platinumoxicity
15th Oct 2011, 09:15
Why does everybody complain about something that can be turned off?

Because the game testers might not be smart enough to turn it off. See, when instinct and object highlighting is turned on, things are found very easily and you can predict the enemies' movements before normally being able to. If the game is tested with the system on, the designers won't learn anything useful about the placement of the AI and important objects, because the testers will always have an unfair advantage over the enemies, and will always find the important objects.

I saw this problem in Deus Ex: HR, but the problem was the other way around. If one would play it on the hardest difficulty with the "augmented vision" the game would be very easy with stealth style because you would find energy supplements way too easily. I played it straight from the start on the hardest difficulty, without augmented vision, with stealth, and I was always struggling with energy conservation. But that means that how I played was well tested, so that might mean that if one would have augmented vision on, the energy wouldn't be a problem, and that would make the game boring.

Going back to Hitman and "Instinct". If the testers test the game with Instinct on, they can't find the places that are problematic for players who don't want to use Instinct, and thus the developers won't hear about those problems, and the game will be stuck having developed to "rely on cheating". Honest players might get stuck because they face an impossible puzzle and they can't bring themselves to activate the cheat that the game is built around.

But one would have to be extremely pessimistic to think that the testers wouldn't be playing the game with Instinct off. With DXHR the stealth testers obviously played the game with augmented vision off, because the challenge in that gameplay style is just right. Not impossible, but not that easy either.

Vincent
15th Oct 2011, 09:41
May be like that, but I only want to remind you that Blood Money was playable on hard without using the map.

Platinumoxicity
15th Oct 2011, 13:14
What were we talking about again?

nirvana1
15th Oct 2011, 14:37
But still you can finish it in many different ways.

if we can finish it in many different ways why u always showed us splinter cell conviction ways? and is it really good the other game styles for hitman?,and no new ideas?

BigBoss
15th Oct 2011, 18:26
I saw this problem in Deus Ex: HR, but the problem was the other way around. If one would play it on the hardest difficulty with the "augmented vision" the game would be very easy with stealth style because you would find energy supplements way too easily. I played it straight from the start on the hardest difficulty, without augmented vision, with stealth, and I was always struggling with energy conservation.

lol. Do you think that maybe you can't have your cake and eat it too? The items are supposed to be hard to find, if it's too hard for you, you use an optional tool that they give you to find them. Why would you want them to dumb down item placement so that you can just see them without utilizing the games mechanics? That just sounds lazy on your part.

Platinumoxicity
15th Oct 2011, 21:38
lol. Do you think that maybe you can't have your cake and eat it too? The items are supposed to be hard to find, if it's too hard for you, you use an optional tool that they give you to find them. Why would you want them to dumb down item placement so that you can just see them without utilizing the games mechanics? That just sounds lazy on your part.

Haha, you're just such an ass. Trying to make me seem like I'm complaining. I exclusively stated that I don't mind the challenge. It's good that on the hardest difficulty one has to struggle with energy conservation. You're just reading what you want to see and highlighting what you want me to mean so that you can feel better about yourself when reading your own responses. Get a life.

shobhit777777
15th Oct 2011, 22:34
@Platinum
If the game is tested with the system on, the designers won't learn anything useful about the placement of the AI and important objects, because the testers will always have an unfair advantage over the enemies, and will always find the important objects.

Thats not how testing works. Testers are directed to play every inch of the game, with some of them focusing on specific aspects. You'll have testers simply shooting everything in the level to check for bugs to testers who will ONLY play a super stealthy style to iron out design flaws. For GTA 4 testers had jobs like taking each and every vehicle and the ramming it into EACH building in the game world.

Platinumoxicity
16th Oct 2011, 08:39
Thats not how testing works. Testers are directed to play every inch of the game, with some of them focusing on specific aspects. You'll have testers simply shooting everything in the level to check for bugs to testers who will ONLY play a super stealthy style to iron out design flaws. For GTA 4 testers had jobs like taking each and every vehicle and the ramming it into EACH building in the game world.

I know. That's how it's supposed to go. Sometimes it just seems with some games that certain features were left untested.

Brackstone17
17th Oct 2011, 02:31
Some thoughts on the trailer:

Inception will be the new wilhelm scream if trailers keep putting BRRRWWAAAAMMMM in as much as they currently are.

The orrchestra sting with lightning was really cheezy.

Music didn't seem to fit, it's a little too overbearing. It seemed especially out of place during the helicopter sequence.

I know it was very brief, but the voice acting for 47 was pretty bad. "I never left" reminded me heavily of the now classic "I never asked for this" in a bad way.

On a positive note the gameplay seems exciting and the graphics are excellent.