PDA

View Full Version : Any Biblical References in DX:HR

auric
8th Oct 2011, 22:53
Can you spot any in the game?

I only noticed a few. may or may not be intended by the game producers. :)

- Creation of Adam (during his augmentation resurrection)

Was looking fro a verse on Adam being perfect but could not find one.
This is for, how Adam is the first to not have any problem from aug rejection.

- Zeke Sanders
Matthew 18:9
And if your eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away.

- Once a Piece of Eden (apple) was shown in a newspaper

Jason Parker
8th Oct 2011, 23:05
If they are there they are subtle, which is a nice thing. Being slapped in the face with biblical reference for me is something I dislike very much after seeing how it ruined Episode 1 and Matrix Revolutions.

Kodaemon
9th Oct 2011, 04:11
Obvious one: the Sandoval brothers are named after prophets.

The game has more references to greek mythology than biblical ones though.

ocstew
9th Oct 2011, 05:43

Yes this

auric
9th Oct 2011, 07:38
didn't realise that, lol

no matter, if u can list those would be nice too.
just wanna see what's in there. :)

Thanks

Ilves
9th Oct 2011, 08:07
Don't forget Zelazny, your obligatory cyber punk holy man.

anunnaki
9th Oct 2011, 09:27
The talk with Zelazny was my favorite part of the game. It was the most thought provoking IMO and even though he's such a small part of the game I still felt his character was very deep and well made, even the voice acting was my favorite of all. It was one of the only parts of the game were the choice was actually difficult and actually changed after hearing the whole story. I think he was the best character in the entire game and I would have much rather experienced his story instead of Adams, it seems like the perfect story for a Deus ex game....perhaps in the next one? Eidos? Anyway, after this talk I thought the game would make that technology a plot twist were Adam starts to realize he also has hidden memories or everyone would become controlled in hopes of a helios like ending or perhaps shut them down completely. Almost right about the second one but every one just went insane instead, such a shame.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDcnxLDghoM

Solidino
9th Oct 2011, 10:01
Can you spot any in the game?
I only noticed a few. may or may not be intended by the game producers. :)
- Creation of Adam (during his augmentation resurrection)

And this is EVA. :D

http://files.g4tv.com/ImageDb3/283604_S/deus-ex-missing-link.jpg

she look like Sigurney Weaver in Alien 3

O_____O

auric
9th Oct 2011, 10:07
Ah yes, him.
I wonder how I should handle him in my video.
maybe spare him, hope it doesn't effect the achievements i hope to get. :D

auric
9th Oct 2011, 10:09
And this is EVA. :D

http://files.g4tv.com/ImageDb3/283604_S/deus-ex-missing-link.jpg

she look like Sigurney Weaver in Alien 3

O_____O

Who's EVA?

Solidino
9th Oct 2011, 10:13
Ops Eve in italian is EVA. Adamo and Eva = Adam and Eve

:D

Ilves
9th Oct 2011, 10:16
http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/3995/missinglnkdxhr.jpg

Ah, much better. :)

Definitely some Ripley going on there. Not sure if there's any resemblance to Adam, though.

Solidino
9th Oct 2011, 10:20
u doubt she's a female? :D

auric
9th Oct 2011, 10:33
I mean who's that? lol

can't remember if I've seen that before or not.

Solidino
9th Oct 2011, 10:44
can't remember if I've seen that before or not.

of course not, she's never appeared in human rev.

anunnaki
9th Oct 2011, 10:51
Ah yes, him.
I wonder how I should handle him in my video.
maybe spare him, hope it doesn't effect the achievements i hope to get. :D

I don't believe it has an effect, aslong as you complete the mission. And if you let him go he will make a call and have some of the belltower boys leave the hud.

auric
9th Oct 2011, 11:12
of course not, she's never appeared in human rev.

Thought so, as I dun recall any Eve references. 1 of my disappointment, lol

but then again...

Megan took his DNA for "knowledge" which brought to his downfall by the people after her.

So, in a way she's the Eve, lol

auric
9th Oct 2011, 14:09
Forbidden knowledge, taken by Megan, then shared with Adam...

taken from Adam's tree ;)

dannybare
9th Oct 2011, 16:06
Found a few while Browsing the internet.

Jensen referencing Adam from the bible is obvious.

David Serif- Serif is mostly likely a reference to Seraphim, commonly known as Arch-Angels. Davids right arm is augmented and Gabriel who was Gods man angel stood on God's Right Side.

Hugh Darrow- The creator of Augments (God), also in a passage of the bible it describes a time when Angels lived amongst men and even had half angel half man children called Nephalim which God hated and destroyed with a flood. Hugh Darrow activating the kill switch to destroy his creation is referencing God using a flood to kill the Nephalim.

pukster
9th Oct 2011, 17:48
Wasn't there an e-mail regarding the gene spliced babies where the guy says he started naming the babies after prophets/saints

I too hate biblical references that slap you in the face *cough* LOST

But the Icarus references were pretty blunt too. Like in the beginning there was a statue of, what I presume was, Icarus. And then of course there were all the trailers.

auric
10th Oct 2011, 21:14
Like king David who's God's no. 1 fan,
David Sarif is Hugh Darrow's no. 1 fan.

IwantedOrange
11th Oct 2011, 18:35
"A third angel followed them and said in a loud voice: “If anyone worships the beast and its image and receives its mark on their forehead or on their hand, they, too, will drink the wine of God’s fury, which has been poured full strength into the cup of his wrath. They will be tormented with burning sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and of the Lamb. And the smoke of their torment will rise for ever and ever. There will be no rest day or night for those who worship the beast and its image, or for anyone who receives the mark of its name.”
(revelation 14, 9-11)

Remember, what happened to the people in Panchaea at the end of the game?
In many ways, this age will end very simililar, before the holy god jesus christ returns to establish his kingdom on earth.

Thermaland
11th Oct 2011, 18:42
Wasn't there an e-mail regarding the gene spliced babies where the guy says he started naming the babies after prophets/saints.

After the Apostles actually. And of course that particular project led to the creation of a JC...

auric
11th Oct 2011, 19:06
"A third angel followed them and said in a loud voice: “If anyone worships the beast and its image and receives its mark on their forehead or on their hand, they, too, will drink the wine of God’s fury, which has been poured full strength into the cup of his wrath. They will be tormented with burning sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and of the Lamb. And the smoke of their torment will rise for ever and ever. There will be no rest day or night for those who worship the beast and its image, or for anyone who receives the mark of its name.”
(revelation 14, 9-11)

Remember, what happened to the people in Panchaea at the end of the game?
In many ways, this age will end very simililar, before the holy god jesus christ returns to establish his kingdom on earth.

I think I prefer the flood reference for that situation, as God himself got rid of his own creation, as Darrow got rid of his own legacies (augs)

Another King David reference, he sends his friend to the frontline of battle.
When the LIMB doctor ask Adam about him being sent to get shot at. :)

4n7
11th Oct 2011, 20:06
i don't get time to read, badly...