PDA

View Full Version : Wayne Haas

Locutus of BORG
8th Oct 2011, 01:43
Does anyone know what happens if you convince Haas to let you into the station and then punch him out? Will he still come looking for a job later, or what?

I've talked my way in, now I've knocked out half the station, lol.

Thx

Pinky_Powers
8th Oct 2011, 03:11
Seeing that Haas never comes "looking for a job" I highly doubt he will after you hit him.

What Haas does do is confront you for causing him to lose his job. If you hit him earlier, I'd think he has all the more reason to confront you. And Adam has all the more reason to try and make it up to him with the offer.

imported_BoB_
8th Oct 2011, 03:40
Actually, the trigger is not exactly him losing his job. When you talk to him, if there isn't the line about you working with the big guy now (ie. Sarif), when he confronts you, you can't talk to him, there is the cutscene but he shoots you.

And you can have the Silver Tongue without that line I think, because there is two paths to get it. And also, if you use the CASIE aug, you cut this line.

Locutus of BORG
8th Oct 2011, 13:07
I know he confronts you angrily after you talk your way into the station, I was just being facetious about him crawling up to you for a job... :rolleyes: lol

Anyway, I guess no one's smooth talked him then knocked him out, huh? I guess him coming to shoot you (w/o an option to absolve) makes sense, but I suppose I'll have to find out for sure. His shot won't instakill you, right? I'm done with my niceguy run anyway, so I don't mind typhooning him to the gut if 'need be'.

I'll keep playing and let you guys know if someone else doesn't chime in first.

...btw, to anyone interested, the security station behind the front desk is pretty useless imo and isn't really worth the effort to hack, tactically speaking.

imported_BoB_
8th Oct 2011, 13:55
No he won't instakill you, but you have nowhere to hide though. The easiest way is to shoot him before the cutscene obviously.

And he is in hostile state right after the cutscene so it might void the Foxhound achievement. Well, I successfully avoid that by throwing a mine at him, knocking him over without triggering the cutscene, and disarming the mine before she exploded so I'm not sure for the voiding part (I did Pacifist and Foxhound on this playthrough)

PugPug
8th Oct 2011, 18:03
No he won't instakill you, but you have nowhere to hide though. The easiest way is to shoot him before the cutscene obviously.

And he is in hostile state right after the cutscene so it might void the Foxhound achievement. Well, I successfully avoid that by throwing a mine at him, knocking him over without triggering the cutscene, and disarming the mine before she exploded so I'm not sure for the voiding part (I did Pacifist and Foxhound on this playthrough)

Foxiest of the Hounds only requires that you do not trigger any alarms, or allow enemies to trigger them. (stay away from cameras and laser tripwires, and do not allow enemies to reach active alarm panels)

I used the CASIE and he got fired as a result of my blackmail, then came after me shooting. But I know you can also talk past him the nice way, by absolving his guilt over the Mexicantown incident. Does he still try to kill you if you do that? (actually, I think it's more of a "suicide by ex-cop" kind of thing, but whatever) What does he say?

It so sad. If you knock him out you can grab his pocket secretary, which has a very demeaning message from his wife about a marriage counseling appointment later.

imported_BoB_
8th Oct 2011, 18:20
Well yeah, it was what we were talking about. If there is the line about you working for Sarif, then when he confronts you, you have choice between engaging him in combat or telling him that you're gonna recommand him for a job at Sarif HQ.

PugPug
9th Oct 2011, 00:24
Well yeah, it was what we were talking about. If there is the line about you working for Sarif, then when he confronts you, you have choice between engaging him in combat or telling him that you're gonna recommand him for a job at Sarif HQ.

Oh, too bad I snuck in from the back. If you get the neural hub before speaking to him he just says, "Now's not a good time." I'd have liked to have helped him out.

Instead I suffocated him and dragged him into the ladies' bathroom.

Locutus of BORG
9th Oct 2011, 20:38
Instead I suffocated him and dragged him into the ladies' bathroom.
I smeared his face onto one of the toilets in the ladies room and closed the door on him. I'm sure he'll have a lot of explaining to do when his collegues find him... :D

That was all after I convinced him in front of a crowd to forgive himself and start living.. I guess he never saw me coming. :D

Locutus of BORG
14th Oct 2011, 17:48
UPDATE:

So I met up with Haas again after Picus and he was majorly PO'd at losing his job, but was otherwise placated by me offering him a new job. I guess he never saw who puched him out, so it was all cool after a simple handshake. :whistle: :thumb:

Then I snuck up behind him and tazed him in the side of the throat, before dragging him past all his soon-to-be workmates and dumped him in some random corner of the Chiron building helipad. :D

Pinky_Powers
14th Oct 2011, 19:00
That sounds about right for a child killer.

Jerion
14th Oct 2011, 19:38
UPDATE:

So I met up with Haas again after Picus and he was majorly PO'd at losing his job, but was otherwise placated by me offering him a new job. I guess he never saw who puched him out, so it was all cool after a simple handshake. :whistle: :thumb:

Then I snuck up behind him and tazed him in the side of the throat, before dragging him past all his soon-to-be workmates and dumped him in some random corner of the Chiron building helipad. :D

"Adam, you're an *******. Welcome to the Deus Ex family."