PDA

View Full Version : Decided to get the Legacy of Kain Collection on Steam...

Saruwatari
30th Apr 2014, 11:44
and played Soul Reaver up to zephon's Cathedral.
I crashed once further into the Cathedral and had to start over, but now one of the Fledgelings that ate a human in a cutscene is missing and it always crashes where the cutscene should be and i can't get past it :(
Seems like my save game is corrupted :mad2:

No other choice than to start over again it seems :(

RainaAudron
30th Apr 2014, 11:47
Yeah, SR1 has all sorts of weird crashes (though I didn´t have any on my pc yet). Best to stick to ps1 version.

Saruwatari
30th Apr 2014, 17:03
Well it's an PS1 port so that's to be expected :rolleyes:
I had Soul Reaver for the PS1 when i was a kid, but i never got to finish it.
Not even close really, never got really far in this game :P
But i always wanted to play it again sometime, and i ain't gonna let some bugs stop me haha
Especially now, as i'm really into Nosgoth and it's also a great way to get more introspect into the lore and world of Nosgoth and the Legacy of Kain in general.

Replayed up to Melchiah, and next stop is Zephon again.
This time i'm gonna make a lot of saves in different slots, just to be safe when something goes wrong again.
Wish me luck ;)

Sanguise23
30th Apr 2014, 17:06
Good luck, i bet Zephon is just mind tricking you into thinking it crashed :)

Saruwatari
30th Apr 2014, 17:25
Good luck, i bet Zephon is just mind tricking you into thinking it crashed :)

Haha! :D
I'm prepared this time around though ;)

The_Hylden
1st May 2014, 03:00
Glad you're sticking with it :)

Saruwatari
1st May 2014, 11:45
Finally beat Zephon now with no crashes whatsoever (just a sound bug, so i watched the cutscenes again on Raina's playthrough :P).
Quickly went back to the starting room and saved, phew :)

Tube_Reaver
1st May 2014, 12:22
This time i'm gonna make a lot of saves in different slots, just to be safe when something goes wrong again.
Wish me luck ;)

This is your best bet, on my PC play-through I had 3 rotating saves just in case and at times it was necessary.

ParadoxicalOmen
1st May 2014, 13:34
Did you try the SR1 patch? Or just installed and played?

Because you can try this patch http://www.thelostworlds.net/Software/Soul_Reaver_PC_Patch_for_XP_and_Vista.html
And play the game on compatibility mode for WinXP

Hope this works for you.
(I remember having no major problems when i played SR1, but i did use this patch)

Another link that might be useful http://steamcommunity.com/app/224920/discussions/0/846944689653666452/

Saruwatari
1st May 2014, 13:53
Did you try the SR1 patch? Or just installed and played?

Because you can try this patch http://www.thelostworlds.net/Software/Soul_Reaver_PC_Patch_for_XP_and_Vista.html
And play the game on compatibility mode for WinXP

Hope this works for you.
(I remember having no major problems when i played SR1, but i did use this patch)

Another link that might be useful http://steamcommunity.com/app/224920/discussions/0/846944689653666452/

Oh thanks, i'll try that if i have any more problems with it.
But at the moment it seems to work fine again (or at least i passed the part that crashed all the time before)^^

ParadoxicalOmen
1st May 2014, 14:02
Glad to hear :)

SableWind
4th May 2014, 03:49
Just putting this out there: The version of SR1 you can buy on the Playstation store works like a dream. No issues whatsoever!

For anyone else thinking of getting the games on PC/Steam: Defiance (and SR2, if I remember correctly) have TERRIBLE camera/controls on the PC versions. Stick to the PS2 versions of those games if you can! If not, I'd still recommend dealing with the annoyances of the PC versions just to experience how great the series is.

Saruwatari
4th May 2014, 08:12
Just putting this out there: The version of SR1 you can buy on the Playstation store works like a dream. No issues whatsoever!

For anyone else thinking of getting the games on PC/Steam: Defiance (and SR2, if I remember correctly) have TERRIBLE camera/controls on the PC versions. Stick to the PS2 versions of those games if you can! If not, I'd still recommend dealing with the annoyances of the PC versions just to experience how great the series is.

Playing SR1 on a keyboard because it doesn't wanna recognize my PS3 controller :P
Yesterday i finished the drowned abbey - Rahab's Hideout.
Damn that was hell with the controls and i already suck terribly at platforming xD

But oh well, already got it for steam now and i'll do my best to get through the games as long as they are playable :D

RainaAudron
4th May 2014, 10:21
For anyone else thinking of getting the games on PC/Steam: Defiance (and SR2, if I remember correctly) have TERRIBLE camera/controls on the PC versions.

Both of those games support gamepad (I´ve played them with PS2 controller on pc).

SableWind
4th May 2014, 21:12
I used my PS3 controller as a gamepad for the PC versions. It didn't fix the weird camera stuff that was going on for the PC version of Defiance. I actually went out and bought both games for PS2 because I was so frustrated with the PC version. Smooth sailing after that :P

Hashakgik888
5th May 2014, 06:59
It sucks to have to replay it lie that, but just think: in ten years, you'll be playing it again for the sixth or seventh time of your own volition :D

Egz054
6th May 2014, 12:37
I ended up buying the collections and had to shelve them myself because of crashing and starting issues. I believe on Soul Reaver 1 and 2 I could play for a good while and then when trying to re enter the game it would simply just not allow me.