PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy Interviews

member_10628951
21st Aug 2012, 13:16
Some people never change ;). It's cool to see them when they were making Final Fantasy VIII and see what was going through their heads. Although this is my favorite quote:

Famitsu: Will there be a world map this time?
Kitase: Yes, of course. A Final Fantasy without a world map isn't a Final Fantasy game.

playstationjapan.tripod.com/ff8iview2.ht... (http://playstationjapan.tripod.com/ff8iview2.html)

Just thought I would bring some nostalgia into this forum :).

Asuha
22nd Aug 2012, 12:51
It definitely puts some things into perspective. Good find.

member_10628951
25th Dec 2012, 23:06
Via NovaCrystallis: www.novacrystallis.com/?p=4027 (http://www.novacrystallis.com/?p=4027)

"Yoshinori Kitase:
The most striking memory he has is from one of FFVII’s early meetings where Sakaguchi proposed the game be set in 1999?s New York since it was a pretty big surprise.

Motomu Toriyama:
He thinks the best part of working on a FF game is crafting each world from the ground up.
He holds a special place in his mind for FF fans, as he has experienced their support in real life. The support they get from fans is, he thinks, the most important thing for developers.
What the future holds, nobody knows.

Tetsuya Nomura:
It’s been 21 years since he joined the company.
Because of the severe winter, he’s been taking care not to catch a cold. He’s looking forward for Spring to come since it’s warmer.

Ichiro Hazama:
Recommends playing Theatrhythm Final Fantasy.

Hajime Tabata:
He wants to create a new FF since he gets excitement out of seeing the reactions of others.
Gameplay and drama must be exciting to create a special experience, which is what his idea of FF is. How that is accomplished is another thing altogether.
In order to create FF games that are special experiences, the development team is facing great challenges, which is why he appreciates all kinds of feedback.

Isamu Kamikokuryo:
While the first FF he was involved with was FFX, since working on more games he along with the other staff members have been gaining more freedom in what they do.
When it comes to development, it’s like he’s in a competition with his fellow co-workers, but he thinks it’s more important to try to enjoy yourself and do fresh things, which is what he’s aiming for now.

Yusuke Naora:
Although he only began working on the FF series with FFVI, he gets a wonderful feeling of awe when looking at the different production materials from every entry.
When he thinks about the huge amount of dedication everyone puts toward each title he gets a bit tense.

Shinji Hashimoto:
He’s had the fortune to work on the series since FFVII. He’s gotten to where he is only because of everyone who helped along the way.
Currently the staff is aiming to create the ultimate fantasy. Because of the many things that have been happening, he’s getting old quickly."

More staff quotes at the link.

Poor Nomura. Reduced to talking about the weather. I love the dude but he seems depressed. They probably wouldn't let him talk about Final Fantasy in fear of him making a peep about Versus XIII. I feel bad for the guy.

Exentryk
25th Dec 2012, 23:31
Shinji Hashimoto: He’s had the fortune to work on the series since FFVII. He’s gotten to where he is only because of everyone who helped along the way. Currently the staff is aiming to create the ultimate fantasy. Because of the many things that have been happening, he’s getting old quickly."

Yes, the ultimate fantasy. Versus. I hope he gets to see it release in his lifetime. :P

member_10628951
26th Dec 2012, 00:15
That's what everyone on Neogaf and Twitter believe what he is talking about. This has a lot of people excited.

kazziyan
26th Dec 2012, 00:25
Maybe that's a vague hint that Versus info is coming in the Spring/Summer!?

member_10628951
26th Dec 2012, 00:35
I would hope for earlier than that but at this point I'll take anything. Maybe winter is a metaphor for the long development time and a cold is depression or letting anything get him down. Spring being a metaphor for the world knowing more about Versus....

.... I am realllllllllllyyyyy stretching it here but who knows ;).

kazziyan
26th Dec 2012, 00:40
Haha I hope so as well...

What's disappointing is how many time's he's expressed that the company won't let him talk about the game. :/ So sad.

Exentryk
26th Dec 2012, 00:43
So, why do you think he will talk now, as they still have XIV and LR to release?

Also, PN - you're really reading into it too much :P

Nomura is just being his usual self and not talking about anything useful. But, as they say, please look forward to it. XD

member_10628951
26th Dec 2012, 01:04
@Kazzie

That's the frustrating part. He even said back in March they had press material ready (banners, screenshots, trailer etc.). If the fans are frustrated by this situation I can only imagine how Nomura and team feel about it.

@Eternal

Lol I know I was kidding ;p.

Yup that is typical Nomura for you but usually for these type of things he's more.... informative. Or at least has more to talk about then just the weather.

And I feel as XIV and Tomb Raider are out or close to releasing, Square Enix will, finally, let Nomura talk about Versus XIII and start marketing the game. Hashimoto said they would have things in early 2013 to talk about and show so I tend to believe the Executive Producer ;).

kazziyan
26th Dec 2012, 01:49
Yeah. :/ I really hope they let him talk soon. 2 years since the last trailer, lol.

With XIV out, I feel the focus will also shift to Versus and hopefully both LR and Versus will be featured like Type-0 and XIII-2 were. Miss those days. :(

member_10628951
26th Dec 2012, 02:24
So I showed David Jaffe, creator of Twisted Metal and God of War, the 2011 trailer of Versus XIII and asked him what he thought of it.

He said:
"@davidscottjaffe: @PshycoNinja Hard to tell from flashy, quick cut trailer but from what I see, gameplay looks like it could be very, very cool! Looks fun!"

MagiusNecros
29th Dec 2012, 12:09
Tabata is awesome.