PDA

View Full Version : crash R6025 error + solution my card hd6990 works for everyone on everything

BizaroMustard100
3rd Oct 2011, 11:56
So simple it made me tear my hair out

I’ll keep this post in English in order to help as many people as possible. Apparently a lot of gamers were (and still are) struggling to get their game launched.

The error many people get is the “R6025 virtual function call”.
Some people on the eidos forum suggested installing visual c++ updates and so on but without any luck.

I tried following updates to get it going but without any success:

- installed c++ 2005 redist
- installed c++ 2008 redist
- installed xlive
- installed visual studio 2008 express edition
- reinstalled and updated my drivers

The solution that worked for me: changing my resolution in windows then start up the game…

Since it is a programming/video related problem I decided to turn down my resolution under windows (running win7 64bit but has worked on xp 32 and vista btw, I didn’t encounter the problem with my laptop that has XP) … anyhow I changed mij resolution to 1280 x 800 x 16bit instead of the native resolution I would normally work on (1680 x 1050 x 32bit) and with that being done the game launched instantly. No problems at all!

If you play in eyefinity mode, when in the game change the settings in options/ video
You can change everything to the best look and my card id hd6990 4=
Although I play on all highest etc there are some problems with cut scenes, nothing big, you just don't see them but you hear them.
Wow, after so much farting around it was so fracken simple AAARRRGGG :mad2:

BizaroMustard100
4th Oct 2011, 10:42
after reducing the resolution and getting the game to work. I found that it still works even when you have put your settings back to normal and start it a second time
I'm playing on all the highest vsync etc and on eyefinity. So puting you res and bit down doesn't seem to make any difference to the grafix in the game:)