PDA

View Full Version : Is the DLC Mission some kind of bad joke? [SPOILER]

Azureflame
2nd Oct 2011, 23:46
Thanks for closing the previous thread with a false statement.
Explosive Mission Pack is $2.99 USD on Steam right now. Idiot.

Muta Ro
2nd Oct 2011, 23:54
The Explosive Mission Pack was Preorder DLC. You must be mistaken for The Missing Link DLC which isn't released yet.

stringtapper
3rd Oct 2011, 00:00
Both of the pre-order packs are now available as DLC. How does a moderator not even know this? :scratch:

Headstriker
3rd Oct 2011, 01:00
The Explosive Mission Pack was Preorder DLC. You must be mistaken for The Missing Link DLC which isn't released yet.

Pre-Order DLC which is offered for a fee right now on Steam, but this mission is not really a mission, it's a.. joke.
And no i didn't mistake the "Explosive Mission Pack" for the "Missing Link" DLC and i REALLY hope that they give us something more worthwhile than this bag of hot air, because that's all how it is. Released to make a quick buck with half-hearted content, that's what ~85% of the DLCs are.

As explained in my now deleted OP, all you have to do to complete the mission is sneak past 2 guards, hack a computer, talk to Tong Junior, sneak past those 2 guards again and you are finished! That's all! There is an additional room full of guards which seem to be part of the mission, but you can entirely skip this room, because you don't even have to pass this room to finish the mission. Watch a walkthrough on youtube it's takes less then 5 minutes to complete the mission and they want €2,29 for this stuff, which should've been in the game right from the start.

Since the very friendly moderator deleted my OP and his own brainfart, i had to re-post what i initially said. So what i would like to know from the community, especially those who HAVEN'T preodered the game to get the "Explosive Mission Pack" for free and actually bought this DLC. What is your opinion? Were you dissapointed aswell or is this how you would imagine a proper DLC? I don't count those new gadgets (Nadelauncher, Auto-Hack tool) into the pack, because stuff like this should be in the game right from the start, but that's my opinion and my negative stance against half-hearted DLCs.

Discuss.

ishiki
3rd Oct 2011, 02:14
Pre-Order DLC which is offered for a fee right now on Steam, but this mission is not really a mission, it's a.. joke.
And no i didn't mistake the "Explosive Mission Pack" for the "Missing Link" DLC and i REALLY hope that they give us something more worthwhile than this bag of hot air, because that's all how it is. Released to make a quick buck with half-hearted content, that's what ~85% of the DLCs are.

As explained in my now deleted OP, all you have to do to complete the mission is sneak past 2 guards, hack a computer, talk to Tong Junior, sneak past those 2 guards again and you are finished! That's all! There is an additional room full of guards which seem to be part of the mission, but you can entirely skip this room, because you don't even have to pass this room to finish the mission. Watch a walkthrough on youtube it's takes less then 5 minutes to complete the mission and they want €2,29 for this stuff, which should've been in the game right from the start.

Since the very friendly moderator deleted my OP and his own brainfart, i had to re-post what i initially said. So what i would like to know from the community, especially those who HAVEN'T preodered the game to get the "Explosive Mission Pack" for free and actually bought this DLC. What is your opinion? Were you dissapointed aswell or is this how you would imagine a proper DLC? I don't count those new gadgets (Nadelauncher, Auto-Hack tool) into the pack, because stuff like this should be in the game right from the start, but that's my opinion and my negative stance against half-hearted DLCs.

Discuss.

It is a crappy mission, that bogs down the flow of the plot for sake of referencing DX1. Hence why they cut it in the first place (which was a good decision). The weapons are half-assed and unbalanced which is why I had it removed from my steam account.

Though I don't like this DLC crap Eidos does. And DLC in general sucks. If you're going to make extra content do a full fledged expansion pack (imo, but that will surely make less money for effort).

I think you could have listened to feedback from players. Pre-dlc almost always sucks. And this was no exception. People just complained at not being able to buy pre-order dlc. So they put it up for sale.

Romeo
3rd Oct 2011, 02:35
I'm well aware it's available as a download now. It is STILL a pre-order bonus, however. They aren't going to completely redo what they already had before releasing it again. Now, start this thread again and you'll be gone.

LOCKDOWN