PDA

View Full Version : Foolishly purchased the Tactical Enhancement Pack through Steam...

AngelOfIron
30th Sep 2011, 06:34
...and now I'm wishing I could uninstall it. The items and extra cash are nice for sure, but to have them literally shoved into your pocket during the first mission really cheapens the gameplay experience by making things too easy. I'd seen a video where a player was doing the first mission with the Double-Barrel and Whisperhead but I'd figured that he had hacked the game in order to get the items early and that the items and money were to be rewarded to the player at a later, more plausible point in the game like the Explosive Mission Pack. In my opinion the contents of this DLC need to undergo some tweaking. Why not leave the Double Barrel on the coffee table in AJ's apartment instead of the one Assault Rifle, place the Whisperhead in the DPD Armory or the FEMA facility and either make the extra 10,000 part of Sarif's LIMB fund or place a 10,000 Credit Chit in the hidden cache behind AJ's TV? As is I'm hoping somebody here or on the Steam forums can tell me how to uninstall the DLC because I really don't want to play it while it's active.

HERESY
30th Sep 2011, 06:42
...SNIPPED and edited to reflect the edits of the OP.

You have a point. BTW, I have my code for the explosive pack but haven't redeemed it yet so I can't comment on it. My suggestion to you would be to not use the weapons early on. Moreover, I don't know if you're trying to go the stealth route again but if you are you probably shouldn't use those weapons (maybe the whisperhead will be ok) to get the job done. I mean there are so many ways to play the game and enjoy it that you shouldn't worry about the weapons. Take me for instance, I didn't know there was a homeless lady looking for money, lol. I didn't know until I read a response in the thread so now I'm going to try to find her. It's no big deal, friend. Just play the game and stay away from those weapons until you need them (if you even need them.)

AngelOfIron
30th Sep 2011, 06:45
So let me get this straight. You knew you were getting 10k in credits, and weapons, but you're complaining about when/where they were given to you? Use the credits for Praxis points (you won't notice it) and don't use the weapons. Problem solved.
Is is so wrong that I thought that the DLC would integrate itself into the story like the elements included in the Explosive Mission Pack? Yes, I knew what I was getting but I didn't know how I was getting it. Yes, I probably come across as a whining idiot fanboy (which actually made me go back, take a serious look at and then tweak my initial post). And yes, I could do all those things you said but it seems like such a waste. I want the items for sure, don't get me wrong, but I don't want 'em right away because they make things too easy and they take up much needed inventory space to boot. Sure, I could simply drop the weapons as soon as the mission begins but that'd be throwing the whole point of the DLC out the window entirely. What came across as a rant was actually supposed to be a suggestion, but in my tired and presently irritable state of m ind it was written as the former. I just want a more balanced gameplay experience, that's all, and as it is now the Tactical Enhancement Pack tips the scales in a way that I see as unfavorable. Human Revolution is, too me, the quintessential Cyberpunk video game. It's got the perfect blend of stealth, story and action. But when you're forcibly handed two very lethal weapons during a game in which non-lethal methods actually reward you in a big way, it's like the game is saying to toss aside all morals and ethics and take a lethal approach from the get-go which is really not how I like playing the game. My first time playing it I did it was in a way that was more the traditional FPS method - whip out the biggest, baddest gun that I had on my person and lay waste to the unsuspecting hordes of enemies that dare cross my path. Then I played it again twice over and actually wound up earning the Legend, Pacifist and Foxiest of Hounds achievements and lemme tell you that, to me, was a far more enjoyable experience because it caused me to think and to plan. Surely you can understand the dilemma I face. (I will admit though you're right, HERESY, about the 10k credits and their being used to purchase two more Praxis points. Cheers to you on that.)

rokstrombo
30th Sep 2011, 07:31
I totally agree that the pre-order bonuses didn't need to be given to the player during the first mission. You can find all of the DLC items at least a couple of times throughout the game anyway, so I'm a bit confused why the player needed to be given these items right from the start.

kabukiman1973
30th Sep 2011, 10:45
Because if they didn't give at the beggining but latter, they would be just like ordinary items. This way, who have buy the packs, have an advantage at the start.

satan claus
30th Sep 2011, 11:07
Because if they didn't give at the beggining but latter, they would be just like ordinary items. This way, who have buy the packs, have an advantage at the start.
Just lame item placement nothing more.
Players without dlc can not see that items in whole game. Where is advantage here? :facepalm:

sadmachine
30th Sep 2011, 13:55
I knew from other games that pre-order shinies are always too powerful to use at the start, so I just let 'em hang out in my inventory and used my stun gun on the first mission. They do take up way too much room and limit what you can loot from the factory, though, and that is pretty annoying.

Look at me complaining about stuff I got for free. I'm a jerk. :o

JCpies
30th Sep 2011, 14:42
The DLC items are placed around the world anyway.

Surely more people would complain about the fact they would have to search for the items they paid for...

Ashpolt
30th Sep 2011, 14:47

Only if you've got the DLC. It's not the case that they're in there anyway, and the DLC simply unlocks them earlier.

JCpies
30th Sep 2011, 15:00
Only if you've got the DLC. It's not the case that they're in there anyway, and the DLC simply unlocks them earlier.

I was explaining to him that they're placed around the worlds anyway, so he can drop them if he's too bothered.

zenstar
30th Sep 2011, 15:40
I was explaining to him that they're placed around the worlds anyway, so he can drop them if he's too bothered.

The 10k is nothing - spend it on the homeless lady for information. Consider the DLC "cash bonus" to really be "friendly homeless woman bonus".

The weapons should be handed out on the first mission based on the difficulty you've selected (easy = everything, deus ex = nothing). That would have been nice, but I think people would have complained that they're not getting their DLC weapons if they weren't given to them (there were already complaints about the grenade launcher being awarded so late in the game).
Consider it a self imposed difficulty modifier: throw them away at the begining for a harder difficulty. As JCpie says, you can always pick them up later in a more appropriate place.

Burbles
30th Sep 2011, 17:35
I was also think it is stupid just find your inventory suddenly larded with those items on the very first mission. It makes the whole "Do you want to choose a long range or short range weapon?" element of the mission obsolete. This detracts, rather than adds, to gameplay IMO.

PugPug
30th Sep 2011, 17:48

Surely more people would complain about the fact they would have to search for the items they paid for...

Actually, I would be pretty annoyed if I had to get too far into the game to find them. I'd want to use them from at least somewhat early on.

And I guess not everyone searches every nook and cranny of every map the way most of us here do. I've even taking to lifting up boxes and moving them because 1 time out of like, 200 they've put something underneath there.

The weapons aren't overpowered. Actually you can consider this a difficulty increase as they clog up your very limited starting inventory space.

Why do the remote detonated explosive devices only stack to 2? WHY?

It might be cool finding them mounted on the wall in your apartment or whatever, but I'm not going to fuss about it.

JCpies
30th Sep 2011, 18:07
I just dropped everything I didn't want at the start. Alternatively just sell them as soon as you get back to Detroit.

Painman
30th Sep 2011, 18:08
I'd prefer to have all the DLC weapons, etc. in the apartment. Starting the factory with the silverback, the whisperhead and 4 UR-DEDs is pretty clumsy. I don't want to lug them around, but don't want to leave them there, either. I ended up dropping them in the factory locker room and backtracking to pick them up after I'd finished the mission.

Yeesh, what if you'd asked Sarif for a tranq rifle on top of all that crap?

It's an annoyance, but I can live with it.

Funny that the OP mentioned Adam's coffee table... that's where my silverback is sitting right now.

satan claus
30th Sep 2011, 18:09
Why do the remote detonated explosive devices only stack to 2? WHY?
Because of balance. Your inventory size not a 2 square only

imported_BoB_
30th Sep 2011, 18:22
I'd prefer to have all the DLC weapons, etc. in the apartment. Starting the factory with the silverback, the whisperhead and 4 UR-DEDs is pretty clumsy. I don't want to lug them around, but don't want to leave them there, either. I ended up dropping them in the factory locker room and backtracking to pick them up after I'd finished the mission.

I would have prefered too. But in the end, if you keep the double shotgun and the 4 UR-DEDs, it's only one slot more than a normal shotgun.
And you find a Silenced Sniper in the dealer storage room near the basketball court (the storage with the gas thing)

So, once you did the game one time, you know that and it really doesn't bother much.

Locutus of BORG
1st Oct 2011, 00:14

Yeesh, what if you'd asked Sarif for a tranq rifle on top of all that crap?

It's an annoyance, but I can live with it.

Funny that the OP mentioned Adam's coffee table... that's where my silverback is sitting right now.
+2 That damn linebacker was pretty much the sole reason I bought the explosive pre-order pack to begin with. It's stupid that it came so late in the game. That grenade launcher's primary reason for existing is because of boss fights (ie: to make them hilariously easy), so wth give it to you when half are dead and your Typhoon (ie: i win button #2) is maxed out already?? Makes no sense whatsoever.

sonicsidewinder
1st Oct 2011, 04:38
CRAZY FOOL!