PDA

View Full Version : So, um... who hired the "mercs?" (spoiler thread no doubt)

PugPug
29th Sep 2011, 07:57
Maybe you can chalk this up to the bosses being so poorly introduced, but I have no idea who they work for, even after having finished the game. Were they hired by the Illuminati? Isn't that kind of counter to the whole "invisible hand" thing? Some unnamed group later to become Majestic 12? That was Bob Page's offshoot of the Illuminati, right?

What about the "spec ops" guys? I guess they have the same employer as the boss mercs, whoever that is.

Amazing you can go through the whole game without knowing who the bad guy is. :hmm:

avenging_teabag
29th Sep 2011, 08:18
They weren't hired by the Illuminati directly - Belltower is a global PMC corporation, its Shanghai branch provides sevices Tai Yong Medical. Seeing that the CEO of TYM is an aspiring Iluminatus (???), yes, they were essentially providing services for the Illuminati. I doubt though that Barrett, for example, knew who he was really working for, much less an average grunt.

The Tyrants are the leaders of Belltower spec ops force - it's all in the game.

likta
29th Sep 2011, 08:24
The Tyrants are the leaders of Belltower spec ops force - it's all in the game.

According to the book the Tyrants do not work for Belltower at all. But I am just at chapter 3 though, that might change/get revealed later.

PugPug
29th Sep 2011, 08:34
So Belltower subcontracted some work they were hired to do for TYM?

I haven't read the book, so I don't know who the Tyrants are. Maybe it's in an e-book in the game somewhere, but I could only read so many of those.

avenging_teabag
29th Sep 2011, 08:37
According to the book the Tyrants do not work for Belltower at all. But I am just at chapter 3 though, that might change/get revealed later.My bad then, I've not read the book. Apologies.

Krankor
29th Sep 2011, 08:40
ANSWER RIGHT HERE;

The 'Group' of mercs are called 'Tyrants'. They work as an arm for the Illuminati. They were hired / controlled by Bob Page (Main Villain of DX1)

Now the 'Tyrant' group can recruit from other places (some are former CIA, some are former Belltower)

xaduha
29th Sep 2011, 08:41
The Book... no, the book is already somewhat misaligned with the story in the game. Many or most haven't read it, so maybe it's more sensible to discard what the book says?

PugPug
29th Sep 2011, 15:00
The Book... no, the book is already somewhat misaligned with the story in the game. Many or most haven't read it, so maybe it's more sensible to discard what the book says?

Again I haven't read the book, so I can't really say one way or the other. But seeing as how the game hardly bothers to answer the question (:mad2:), I don't think we have much choice but to go with whatever the book says.

ANSWER RIGHT HERE;

The 'Group' of mercs are called 'Tyrants'. They work as an arm for the Illuminati. They were hired / controlled by Bob Page (Main Villain of DX1)

Now the 'Tyrant' group can recruit from other places (some are former CIA, some are former Belltower)

So what was Bob Page's agenda? Surely not for a bunch of augs to go homicidal on Panchea. You think he just wanted the ability to control augments, and it's all Hugh Darrow who went all crazy with it?