PDA

View Full Version : Hitman HD Collection (360/PS3)???

GlassAgate
29th Sep 2011, 01:37
With all sorts of older games getting the HD treatment,
around the time of a sequel, is there any chance of this
happening to the older Hitman games?

Just like with the rest, just cleaned up visuals, achievements/trophies,
etc....nothing too major.

// I didn't know if this belongs in this forum, or in the "Hitman Series"
// forum. I put it here, since it would get more attention, and is sort
// of connected to the next game.

(!) 211.10.01

Okay, I hadn't thought of this before. Please, focus on the new game.
But, if it were possible, please bring the older games to the newer
consoles, at a later time of course.

Also: why is there a game that is on the PC, but not on the consoles,
and a game that is on the consoles, but not on the PC???

Acid_Burn
29th Sep 2011, 08:02
Sorry, but no. There are no plans for re-releasing previous Hitman games.

Nogarda
29th Sep 2011, 10:29
Shame I'm sure hitman fans would start en masse messing themselves if the previous games got a glacier 2 remastering.

I'm assuming the case here is the original coding is no more?

Dinge
29th Sep 2011, 12:18
+1 I think releasing a Hitman HD collection would be priceless. I used to game on PC but recently got myself a PS3 and I hate that I can't play my favourite games anymore...

Acid_Burn
29th Sep 2011, 12:20
The whole team is working hard on Absolution right now. So there's no one left for other projects at the moment.

Dinge
29th Sep 2011, 12:25
I know and I'm not saying it should be released right away. I jwas talking about a future release. Needless to say that Absolution comes first :thumb:

Edit: I also wanted to keep the idea out there, I alone know a handful of people who would would buy the HD series.

GlassAgate
1st Oct 2011, 09:34
I know and I'm not saying it should be released right away. I jwas talking about a future release. Needless to say that Absolution comes first :thumb:

Edit: I also wanted to keep the idea out there, I alone know a handful of people who would would buy the HD series.

+1
Good point; I should have said it, before anyone else...and I'm the OP.

On to "Edit Post".

Sam_kain
1st Oct 2011, 17:22
I think most of the devs go the way of releasing the new game first, for example HM:A will bring more fans to the series right ?!, then the devs to introduce the rich world of the series, they re-release their old games in HD, I am pretty sure it will happen, Splinter Cell got one, Resident Evil got one, God Of War got one, Prince Of Persia got one, and let's no forget Tomb Raider got one, so Eidos may as well treat Hitman the same way

Falkenwut
8th Oct 2011, 02:22
I think most of the devs go the way of releasing the new game first, for example HM:A will bring more fans to the series right ?!, then the devs to introduce the rich world of the series, they re-release their old games in HD, I am pretty sure it will happen, Splinter Cell got one, Resident Evil got one, God Of War got one, Prince Of Persia got one, and let's no forget Tomb Raider got one, so Eidos may as well treat Hitman the same way

Sadly I doubt a remake of the old Hitman is going to come any time soon.
Mind I remind you that Hitman 3 remade most levels of hitman 1, So I'm doubting that a re-remake will come out any time soon.
I'm hoping it... but doubting it :(

Sam_kain
8th Oct 2011, 23:15
Sadly I doubt a remake of the old Hitman is going to come any time soon.
Mind I remind you that Hitman 3 remade most levels of hitman 1, So I'm doubting that a re-remake will come out any time soon.
I'm hoping it... but doubting it :(

Probably you got a point too, yet keep your hopes up, If HM:A was a hit, and introduced new gamers to the series, Eidos would probably want to make a quick buck, maybe they will remake just HM2&3

The Algerian
10th Oct 2011, 12:45

I'm bummed that the first Hitman game doesn't work on Windows 7 and recent configurations.
And even if you get it to work, it's accelerated as hell.

semajmarc87
22nd Oct 2011, 23:42
It would be awesome if they released a Hitman HD Trilogy Collection. I think they'll do it after they release Absolution. That's the route that games like Splinter Cell took when they released their HD Trilogy Collection after Conviction. Hopefully they'll do a better job with a Hitman collection than Ubisoft did with their Splinter Cell collection. The Splinter Cell one doesn't have inverted aim available, multiplayer, or online gaming. The trophies apparently don't unlock sometimes and their are glitches.

Bujin
13th Dec 2011, 01:53
I'm new to this forum. I think that it would be a good idea to have the previous Hitman games released as a classic HD remake, like the Prince of Persia and Tomb Raider franchises have been. I play PS3.

john22
3rd Jan 2012, 22:36
hi im new to the forums but have been playing and love the hitman series since its release back in November 19, 2000. i hope they do make a HD collection for ps3\xbox360. i am 1 of the biggest hitman fans and im so sad i have them all on pc and 2/3/4 on ps2 will be gettin HM:A on release date on both PC and PS3. 1 thign i dont understand is why they only ported hitman blood money to xbox 360 and not ps3, its pretty sad that as they would have sold millions more copies on ps3 as download and/or disc based.

p.s. is there any official details on the release date for HM:A in UK?

SKX leeland vanhorn
18th Feb 2012, 13:21
i found this but i hope its on xbox as well:
http://shop.16games.it/prezzo_gioco.php/ps3/hitman_hd_collection_109547.html

jackal1028
26th Feb 2012, 18:21
Hell I would be happy if they updated S.A and contracts to bloodmoney graphics and visuals.

garyod1990
27th Feb 2012, 01:48
Yoooooo. they are making the collectors games for xbox nice......
:wave:

garyod1990
27th Feb 2012, 01:49
yeah they are...

jackal1028
27th Feb 2012, 03:06
when?? are they gonna be in HD?

Barez
27th Feb 2012, 08:32
when?? are they gonna be in HD?

I don't want them to come out in HD, I mean.. I've played them for 1000+ times and as it just going to be a re-make then the game will be 100% the same but in
better graphics... Btw, they don't need to remake previous games to threat buyers.. I'm pretty sure H:A will threat even more ppl then the last 2 hitman games together. I'm an old hitman fan and this hitman will be insane good :D

DLovas_
15th Mar 2012, 03:58

wow... that is a mistake... the splinter cell games got $40 from me when they released the HD versions and I started to freakin tell everyone about it.. in fact! after I beat Chaos Theory HD - I needed somethin to do - and i remembered how fun Blood Money on the PC was (and contracts... somewhat)

and i thought maybe they have HD remakes on the PS store... but no.

Absolution seems very cool - as long as you don't do what splinter cell did (and go the way of conviction... too casual)

either way I'm with most ppl here - Surely the new game is a priority - but some time after I'm sure it wouldn't be difficult, nor expensive to re-release remastered versions of previous titles downloadable for a fee....

to say no - is too premature in my opinion...

CoolDust
25th Mar 2012, 13:51
Maybe get someone else to port them over? Thats pretty much what every other company is doing with their HD collections. Its a missed opportunity if we never see a HD collection, it would help incredibly with building hype for Absolution! Really want 2 + 4 on my PS3! haha :)

Also if HD ports are too much work what about getting them on PSN as PS2 Classics? Thats a good alternative!

MoneyMan
6th Apr 2012, 04:34
You MUST make previous hitman games in HD for ps3. Lot's of fans and news users will buy it. But to sell them, as many other remake HD games will only cost 9,99$.
Splinter cell had all games HD remake, God of War has all games HD remake, Tomb Raider has even the first game remake in HD for ps3. 1ST TOMB RIDER ON PS3??? Do you imagine that? How about remake them when absolution is on store? will be a great strategy for the new hitman players. They will sure want to know more about 47 story and his origins ;)

sgg847
6th Apr 2012, 15:20
PS3 was released in 2006. Xbox in 2005. The time for new consoles, not for recreation.

mcescher1
7th Apr 2012, 15:54
i think i could really enjoy HD versions of all the Hitman series. I think i have played them all but i haven't owned them all.... before Blockbuster went bankrupt i would go there... but considering i cant even play blood money on my ps3 it would be nice to at least have compatibility with my ps3, and to be able and play all of them with HD graphics would be like playing new games....

jackal1028
7th Apr 2012, 21:39
If they only made hitman 2 & contracts with bloodmoney visuals and graphics i would be very happy. but am all for a HD remakes.

DLovas_
10th Apr 2012, 02:36
PS3 was released in 2006. Xbox in 2005. The time for new consoles, not for recreation.

I see that you've been finding it difficult to contain your excellent wisdom within your exceptionally large cranium..

I don't think Eidos is is the one making new consoles... so what you just said was complete nonsense...

Remakes of the older games with better graphics would make money - thats a fact...

No one said that they HAD to be for the PS3 or Xbox - those are just the systems that currently exist...

so if you think games should stop being made for them - wait until the new consoles are released. After that - we will still press Eidos to recreate the new games for those newer consoles...

sgg847
10th Apr 2012, 08:20
I see that you've been finding it difficult to contain your excellent wisdom within your exceptionally large cranium.
I find it is perfect to contain my excellent mind in my beautiful head. :cool:

I don't think Eidos is is the one making new consoles... so what you just said was complete nonsense...
what I said was completely logical

Remakes of the older games with better graphics would make money - thats a fact...
graphics and resolution are two different thing. The fact is Hitman Contracts was not good game.

No one said that they HAD to be for the PS3 or Xbox - those are just the systems that currently exist...
No one? Did you read the title?

the new games for those newer consoles..
It ought to be your first thought here.

MrAtmea
10th Apr 2012, 11:21
1 sgg847: what I said was completely logical

Actually, it was not. But that's my opinion.

2 sgg847: graphics and resolution are two different thing. The fact is Hitman Contracts was not good game.

It's not a fact that Hitman Contacts was not a good game, it's your opinion. I think that Contracts is a good game, which, again, is my opinion.

3 sgg847: No one? Did you read the title?

That's not 1 but 3 question marks behind (360/PS3), meaning that it was not certain yet.

I already know you are going to make some arguments against what I just said, probably insulting me during it, but I believed it had to be said.

sgg847
10th Apr 2012, 12:34
It's not a fact that Hitman Contacts was not a good game, it's your opinion. I think that Contracts is a good game, which, again, is my opinion.

It is not my opinion, it is statistics! :whistle:

MrAtmea
10th Apr 2012, 12:45
It is not my opinion, it is statistics! :whistle:

Statistics don't represent the truth for everyone. There are always people who really like the game and people who think it is terrible. It just happens to be that most people did not like the game, but that does not mean that everybody has to hate it.

sgg847
10th Apr 2012, 13:11
Statistics don't represent the truth for everyone. There are always people who really like the game and people who think it is terrible. It just happens to be that most people did not like the game, but that does not mean that everybody has to hate it.
You should be very careful by quoting someone.
"Not good" was concerned to the stats of sales. I personally can't find any reason to buy it again (except of OST).

MrAtmea
10th Apr 2012, 16:24
You should be very careful by quoting someone.
"Not good" was concerned to the stats of sales. I personally can't find any reason to buy it again (except of OST).

I am glad you told me this, I did not understand why people did not like Contracts. Now I know it just did not sell very well.

sgg847
10th Apr 2012, 17:18
I am glad you told me this, I did not understand why people did not like Contracts. Now I know it just did not sell very well.

... some people were disappointed by this factor. Isn't this the reason of this topic...?
p.s. Should I wait your next witticism?

MrAtmea
10th Apr 2012, 20:19
... some people were disappointed by this factor. Isn't this the reason of this topic...?
p.s. Should I wait your next witticism?

Actually, we are getting kind of off topic here. Sorry guys. I got carried away.

What do I care about the number of sales? Sneaking (or is it stealth?) games are almost always hard to sell. Sucks for IOI, but I bought it, so I am not to be blaimed.

As for the witticism, isn't that what you love to use all day? (In your case, it's usually sarcasm.) Then do not get pissed off when somebody else uses it too. I hope you realize now that it can be rather annoying.

But, because this is getting time consuming, I am going to let you have this one and call it a day. Goodbye. :cool:

EzekelRAGE
1st Jun 2012, 15:00
Just thought I would post this here. Don't know if it's true or not but hopefully it is. IGN - Hitman HD Collection Listed (http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/01/hitman-hd-collection-listed-by-retailer)

4s4sin96
14th Jun 2012, 12:21
:scratch: hmmmm.....

Sevket
14th Jun 2012, 13:33
Never played Hitman games before expect for a PS2 demo so it will be an unmissable chance for me

4s4sin96
14th Jun 2012, 15:09
Never played Hitman games before expect for a PS2 demo so it will be an unmissable chance for me
Absolution for Ps2? WTF...
And you never play'd Hitman games?
I have all of them, Codename 47, Silent Assassin, Contracts & Blood Money!

X_Abraxas
28th Sep 2012, 21:48
We need a Hitman Collection. Or at least release Blood Money on the Playstation store so that us ps3 gamers can enjoy one of the greatest stealth games we've grown to love. Everyone knows they would sell great, especially after the release of Absolution.

Well, I have no doubt that IOI will come through eventually. They are a company that is always loyal to their fans. Lets just hope its sooner rather than later.

semajmarc87
29th Sep 2012, 23:17

Sorry, you are wrong. At 5:10 art director Roberto Marchesi says that a Hitman HD Collection is in the works.

http://youtu.be/BcchAQjOq-E

DarkSolitudeX
30th Sep 2012, 04:47
Sorry, you are wrong. At 5:10 art director Roberto Marchesi says that a Hitman HD Collection is in the works.

http://youtu.be/BcchAQjOq-E

Not to mention the five or six European sites that have the HD Collection as a payable pre-order. During the London expo the HD collection was asked, and the answer was no comment. Now, I'd take that as good news. In my mind developers use that answer when they aren't given clearance by either the PR or marketing department. To me it says that something is in the works, though the complete lack of info and screenies have me curious.