PDA

View Full Version : Give me Deus Ex- Hardcore playthrough is odd

bosssuckballsmuch
28th Sep 2011, 10:32
I decided to play through on the hardest setting with only one life and made it all the way through to the first boss fight and guess what?
After about 1 minute of dodge the basic shoot and circle stupidy around the boxes/pylons before throwing 3 grenades gimic -I got wasted.
Where is the consistency between the gameplay from the rest of the game and the bossfights?
HUH?
So I decided 'no stuff it (or some similar language)' and loaded from before the fight...
16 tries later here I am posting this :mad2:
The game was a breeze up until this point and now I am at an impass. Consistency?... anyone?!?

I do not profess to being a hardcore gamer... no, wait - that was the point of playing with only one life on the hardest setting wasn't it? and the only impass, as I have stated, is the bossfight bulltripe...
'oohh, play it on an easier setting' some fool says -yeah, good one dipstick
How about 'consistency' instead...?!?!?!?!?!

-fan since 2000
:mad2:

AlexOfSpades
28th Sep 2011, 10:57
Yeah, we're all aware that the boss fights are out of place. They werent developed by Eidos, but by some other third party i dont remember.

Anyways, hardcore one-life gameplays are really fun. I'm on my ninth attempt over an un-modded Oblivion, and already finished Dead Space 1/2 and Fallout 3. I gave up on Thief, its too much pressure ):

But yeah, the boss fights suck but they're possible. Throw some barrels at him, or use Typhoon. That's what i've heard - i never played the game. Good luck :3

(We're getting, what, around three threads a day about the bosses?)

jeyeichkey
28th Sep 2011, 11:13
I thought the bosses were a little too easy. Even in hardcore mode. Especially Barett and Federova. But that wasn't really the big thing in the game anyway. I really liked the "conversation-bosses". To talk down an enemy using the right combination of words were a different gameplay. Should have been a tad more difficult than it was though with a time limit. It's always fun to be forced to think fast. :^)

imported_BoB_
28th Sep 2011, 12:43
The consistency is: if you know how to adapt, you'll beat the challenge.

(You're welcome :))

Daedatheus
28th Sep 2011, 13:54
Search youtube or the forums here for tips and videos of easy ways to beat all 3 bosses.

On my 2nd playthrough, I beat all 3 merc bosses in 30 seconds each or less.

There are some really cheap and simple ways to take them down quickly, don't feel bad about getting hints from the forums here or Youtube, as the game should never have had boss fights like these anyway. :)

xaduha
28th Sep 2011, 14:06
By the way, I was trying to bring a hacked turret in first two boss fights, but that's impossible. Sometimes turret gets agitated and makes noises behind the door, but that's all. Shame.

JCpies
28th Sep 2011, 14:34
You can do it on the third boss fight.

szthesquid
28th Sep 2011, 14:41
I particularly didn't like that if you had certain augs at each boss, it became a cakewalk. At what's-her-name, the invisible chick, I had to try that over and over again for more than an hour on hardcore because I was playing nonlethal and was unprepared for direct combat... but most importantly, since I wasn't putting points into combat, I didn't have electricity immunity, so using the generators to damage her also killed me.

ecto69
28th Sep 2011, 14:49
You can do it on the third boss fight.

However the turret can not shoot him when cloaked. so not much use, at least when I did it.

xaduha
28th Sep 2011, 14:58
You must keep some XP, skill or whatever points unused in a RPG game, just in case. Golden rule.

LkMax
28th Sep 2011, 18:14
All the time is this same boss bullsh1t... c'mon guys, They are not bad. Is it the first time you guys had played a video game? Even if you had nothing on your inventory you could simply pickup all the weapons that are always available in the boss rooms (except Fedorova, I think).

*Augmented facepalm*

Hey "bosssuckballsmuch", try to lower the difficulty setting on the boss battles if it bothers you so much.

PugPug
28th Sep 2011, 18:34
A better way of playing might be the no-reload challenge (unless you die), like people have been doing in Baldur's Gate for years.

All the time is this same boss bullsh1t... c'mon guys, They are not bad. Is it the first time you guys had played a video game? Even if you had nothing on your inventory you could simply pickup all the weapons that are always available in the boss rooms (except Fedorova, I think).

*Augmented facepalm*

Hey "bosssuckballsmuch", try to lower the difficulty setting on the boss battles if it bothers you so much.

Isn't her chamber chock full of weapons in the lockers? And right before it is a heavy rifle with tons of ammo? You can even go back there to pick up stuff you dropped afterward.

You must keep some XP, skill or whatever points unused in a RPG game, just in case. Golden rule.

This. It really comes in handy in this game when you come across a route you want to take, but can't without a certain aug. Or when you reach Fedorova, the electricity immunity one helps a lot, even though it doesn't say on it that it makes you immune to electrical damage (only to energy loss).

satan claus
28th Sep 2011, 18:40
A better way of playing might be the no-reload challenge (unless you die), like people have been doing in Baldur's Gate for years.
You forgot about Diablo 2 and X-com :)

PugPug
28th Sep 2011, 18:45
You forgot about Diablo 2 and X-com :)

I don't know about X-com, but Diablo 2 is a "no reload challenge" out of the box. It only autosaves over one file and it does so every time you exit.

Unless that's what you meant.

ecto69
28th Sep 2011, 19:13
Isn't her chamber chock full of weapons in the lockers? And right before it is a heavy rifle with tons of ammo? You can even go back there to pick up stuff you dropped afterward.

Every Boss room has ammo/weapons you can use to beat the BOSS with.
Also most have weapons prior to entry to the room, and you can just drop your own stuff and switch to the heavy stuff and then after boss gone, go pickup your stuff and move on to next mission.

Note: Not sure if there is any heavy stuff just prior to BOSS 1 , there is one available in the middle. you can actually back track and get it if you need to.

jeyeichkey
28th Sep 2011, 19:56
I realized the Thyphoon was... awesome. Four of those and some shots right in the chest at Fedorova and she was down in about 30 sec.

Now that ficking fight with Belltower soldiers wasting good metal into Malik, that was hard! But more because I suck at marksmanship. It worked in the end by sniping some, and then rushing into combat invisible and doing takedowns on the one left on the ground. Damn, that was annoying.

Barrett was kind of easy. As long as I didn't get hit by his attacks. Throw some grenades, used one or two typhoons and kicked him in the groin..

Namir, well. The first time I just waited for the right timing. Then, when I had no more grenades and all my guns were empty, except for the sniper, I got him at 1 meter by one bullet. The second time, have not gotten to that just yet. Will try to step into the chamber without that bioship. Last time was scrambled.
Hope that it will work even without biochip. Don't want to know just yet what will happen.

bosssuckballsmuch
29th Sep 2011, 01:48
The consistency is: if you know how to adapt, you'll beat the challenge.
(You're welcome :))
Priceless advice... why did I get a pacifist award first play through if I kill a minimum of 3 people. It does not even make sense.
why sneak through the mission with all non lethal takedowns only to stroll into the middle of an obvious trap and only win the fight by killing the fellow. This is a consistency issue.

soooo.... you didn't finish reading my initial post did you?
Yet you still needed to post your awesome opinion :thumb:

I also dig the way the Moderator calls me on my french and childishly suggests returning to school - not only awesome but also hypocritical.

THANKS everyone else for the actual worthwile suggestions!

And just to clarify - 'give me deus ex' is the difficuilty setting and the style of playthrough is 'Hardcore' (ie one life only -if I die I start back at the beginning of the game - no reloads).

Pinky_Powers
29th Sep 2011, 02:50
I also dig the way the Moderator calls me on my french and childishly suggests returning to school - not only awesome but also hypocritical.

Romeo edited your post because you broke the Terms of Use. That is not hypocritical... it's his job.

And in case you were incapable of understanding, his comment about returning to school was not about your struggle with the boss fights.

depresso
29th Sep 2011, 03:53
The boss fights were easy as hell. Yes, even on Give me Deus Ex difficulty.

Get stun gun, run towards enemy, zap him, stand still, zap him again, and again, and again until dead.
Worked for barrett and Yalena or whatever her name is.

Dont see what the big deal is.

bosssuckballsmuch
29th Sep 2011, 05:24
Romeo edited your post because you broke the Terms of Use. That is not hypocritical... it's his job.
And in case you were incapable of understanding, his comment about returning to school was not about your struggle with the boss fights.
Ahhh, :sigh: childish puerility is the best you have to offer is it? :rolleyes:

Douche is a french word that means 'wet shower' - this breaks the ToE now? Awesome.
The school bit is about reading disclamers and being childish (I thought I had best point this out to you as you elude to understanding this yourself but do not actually mention wether you understand or not, so...)
The childish manner of his explanation and puerile comment was the hypocracy that you are clearly having difficuilty understanding yourself. GEDDIT?!? yeah, I bet you don't...

xaduha
29th Sep 2011, 05:50
Get stun gun, run towards enemy, zap him, stand still, zap him again, and again, and again until dead.
You should combine stun gun with explosives, to save ammo.
Barrels and grenades work on Barret, but to be honest I wasn't bothering much with Federova and Namir and just typhooned them out after first stun.

Pinky_Powers
29th Sep 2011, 20:33
Douche is a french word that means 'wet shower' - this breaks the ToE now? Awesome.

Your post wasn't written in French, and you weren't talking about bathing. It's actually quite pitiful you should believe this argument would work with adults. They don't let you out much, do they?

I've read enough of your posts now to know your mind is bent on petty attacks and unreasonableness. A Mod edited your post. There's nothing irregular or villainous about it. You have this sort of preternatural callowness going on... an over-developed strain of immaturity that makes you unfit for rational talk.

Ahhh, :sigh: childish puerility is the best you have to offer is it?

Also, "childish puerility" is redundant, as you're basically saying "childish childishness". Interestingly enough, it's what a child would likely write if they were using a thesaurus for the first time.

sonicsidewinder
29th Sep 2011, 21:45
Also, "childish puerility" is redundant, as you're basically saying "childish childishness". Interestingly enough, it's what a child would likely write if they were using a thesaurus for the first time.

OH!!! OH!!!! LOL! Pinky just One-Bombed bosssuckballsmuch!

And it was frigin' awesome :D

IdiotInAJeep
30th Sep 2011, 05:09
Your post wasn't written in French, and you weren't talking about bathing. It's actually quite pitiful you should believe this argument would work with adults. They don't let you out much, do they?

I've read enough of your posts now to know your mind is bent on petty attacks and unreasonableness. A Mod edited your post. There's nothing irregular or villainous about it. You have this sort of preternatural callowness going on... an over-developed strain of immaturity that makes you unfit for rational talk.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-k8KdpGt87dc/TkiVWymByEI/AAAAAAAAATM/vEuRVYOR8us/s1600/mk41302147222.gif

HERESY
30th Sep 2011, 06:37

HAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHA!

Like I told him in the other thread, he should be the last one attempting to educate someone in the matters of linguistics. I make a **** load of typos but I can chalk that up to needing glasses, but this guy is a winner!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-k8KdpGt87dc/TkiVWymByEI/AAAAAAAAATM/vEuRVYOR8us/s1600/mk41302147222.gif

LMAO!