PDA

View Full Version : Will we have to replay the game to get to the DLC?

Its me
23rd Sep 2011, 00:42
Hi all,

I'm wondering if there's been any mention of how the The Missing Link will be implemented in the game. Will I have to replay the game to get to the place where the DLC begins? or there will be a way to play it from my main play through even though I finished the game?

Tnx

Daedatheus
23rd Sep 2011, 01:50
Will I have to replay the game to get to the place where the DLC begins?

No.

It will appear in the main menu, you will not have to replay the game to get to the point where it begins.

Likewise, getting to that point in the game in a regular DX:HR playthrough will not use the DLC. The game will continue as it normally has.

The DLC is only accessible from the main menu.

Source: http://eidosmontreal.tumblr.com/

Zyme junkie
23rd Sep 2011, 02:03
No.

It will appear in the main menu, you will not have to replay the game to get to the point where it begins.

Likewise, getting to that point in the game in a regular DX:HR playthrough will not use the DLC. The game will continue as it normally has.

and this is exactly why i am not getting it. :mad2:

Erogath
23rd Sep 2011, 03:58
so it's not going to be an addition then to the game as is, instead a seperated game in itself? okay, now I'm considering not getting it.

I thought it would be like the extra tong mission, and extend the life of the original game not act as a smaller "new" game.:hmm:

zeypher
23rd Sep 2011, 05:45
still do not know what the devs were thinking when they decicded to not inlcude the dlc into the main game. ATM i doubt i will be purchasing it as it adds zero replay value

Daedatheus
23rd Sep 2011, 13:05
:scratch:

Are you guys serious?

The reason it's selectable from the main menu is so if you only want to play the DLC, you're not "forced" to replay the game.

The reason it's not included into the full playthrough is because they don't want to "change" the game only for a few people, and potentially create stability issues for only a small part of the audience that owns the game.

You do all realize that when you get to that particular spot in the full DX:HR game, you can save your game, load up the DLC, beat the DLC, then reload your DX:HR save right??? If you want to play it why wouldn't you buy it?? :mad2:

still do not know what the devs were thinking when they decicded to not inlcude the dlc into the main game. ATM i doubt i will be purchasing it as it adds zero replay value

You're absolutely right! It doesn't add replay value, it adds ALL-NEW PLAY VALUE which is even BETTER! If you want it in the main game, see the line above!

I apologize for this outburst but I seriously don't understand the attitudes about this.

Kamikave
23rd Sep 2011, 13:10
You do all realize that when you get to that particular spot in the full DX:HR game, you can save your game, load up the DLC, beat the DLC, then reload your DX:HR save right??? :mad2:

Actually, I never thought of that :whistle: But now that you mention it, it's a good idea. Thanks to you, I'm defenitly getting the DLC now :D

Zyme junkie
23rd Sep 2011, 13:24
lol so what about the credits & items etc you earn during the dlc? it needs to be intergrated.

Kamikave
23rd Sep 2011, 13:43
Unless there aren't any. Why would there be if the dlc is not integrated ?

Jason Parker
23rd Sep 2011, 13:51
Unless there aren't any. Why would there be if the dlc is not integrated ?

shhhhh, quiet, don't you tell them. Now they know the gameplay is dumbed down even further in the DLC. :rasp::rasp::rasp::rasp:

Scandalous: A Deus Ex DLC without the possibilty to find credit chips and items.

Or even better:

Scandalous: A Deus Ex DLC.

Zyme junkie
23rd Sep 2011, 13:55
shhhhh, quiet, don't you tell them. Now they know the gameplay is dumbed down even further in the DLC. :rasp::rasp::rasp::rasp:

wouldnt be surprised. why all the dumbing down all the time? it pisses me off. imagine if all devs/publishers saw beating dx1s complexity as the industry standard. imagine the games we would be playing right now :mad2:

Its me
23rd Sep 2011, 13:56
No.

Thanks, Glad to hear it.

I suppose it would have been a good idea to put it in the game in the first place, but since they didn't, this is the way to go. I may have had to reconsider getting the dlc if it meant I'd have to replay everything again.

Thanks again.

Zyme junkie
23rd Sep 2011, 14:01
I suppose it would have been a good idea to put it in the game in the first place, but since they didn't, this is the way to go. I may have had to reconsider getting the dlc if it meant I'd have to replay everything again.

i can understand that. but if they implemented the option to play it via the main menu and in the main game then everyone would have been satisfied. now i miss out on the DLC, and EM miss out on my cash.

ohnoeztehKARKIANS
23rd Sep 2011, 17:33
i can understand that. but if they implemented the option to play it via the main menu and in the main game then everyone would have been satisfied. now i miss out on the DLC, and EM miss out on my cash.

I agree, but I'm going to wait and see if they release any more DLC and when they've stopped, snap the entire compilation DLC for under 10 bucks in a steam sale or something.

IdiotInAJeep
24th Sep 2011, 01:51
I wish there was an option when you start a new game asking whether you want to use the DLC or not.

Zyme junkie
24th Sep 2011, 03:44
I wish there was an option when you start a new game asking whether you want to use the DLC or not.

i dont understand why there is not going to be this.