PDA

View Full Version : Really liked it BUT...

beasthunt
19th Sep 2011, 00:56
No new game plus!

Come oooooon. I beat the game, watched all four endings and was ready to start all over with my auged up Jensen but no joy. I rarely play games a second play through but this game begs for a NG+. I really enjoyed the game. Good job and thank you for making this game. Btw, I did watch the credits but I was too busy watching the pictures to catch the name of the voice actor for Adam. If I'm not mistaken its the guy who played Mr. Agent 47 in Hitman the movie. Fine choice.

New game plus!

MaxxQ1
19th Sep 2011, 01:01
No new game plus!

Come oooooon. I beat the game, watched all four endings and was ready to start all over with my auged up Jensen but no joy. I rarely play games a second play through but this game begs for a NG+. I really enjoyed the game. Good job and thank you for making this game. Btw, I did watch the credits but I was too busy watching the pictures to catch the name of the voice actor for Adam. If I'm not mistaken its the guy who played Mr. Agent 47 in Hitman the movie. Fine choice.

New game plus!

Half a million threads about this, all but one closed. Is it really so hard to use the search function?

In before the lock/merge/deletion.

P.S. - Try playing a different style starting with different augs than your last playthrough. That's kinda the point of a DX game. Besides, if you play HR right, you can have every aug available anyway - but unless you use a couple exploits, you can't max them, although there *is* someone trying to do just that.

Tverdyj
19th Sep 2011, 01:51
No new game plus!

New game plus!

okay, just to clarify:
new game+ would not mesh with the game style.

you can't start the game all augged up, because at the beginning of each new game, you must go through the prologue/tutorial, at which point Adam has no augs.

beasthunt
19th Sep 2011, 02:12
okay, just to clarify:
new game+ would not mesh with the game style.

you can't start the game all augged up, because at the beginning of each new game, you must go through the prologue/tutorial, at which point Adam has no augs.

Thank you for your replies. I am well aware of the tutorial but after that you can still have your previous items/unlock carry over . I actually just posted this incase the devs cruise these forums. They should be here to listen to what the community has to say. Not sure why the mods would lock the threads. How can they know unless they are told? I think those who put down money for a product should have the right to express the good, bad and constructive criticism of said purchase. As far as trying different plan styles, I like to play how I like to play. Once again, the benefit of ownership and in accordance with my play style and as you pointed out, countless others, it would include carrying unlock over from the previous game.

Like I said. I liked the game but NG+ would improve the replay factor devs. Fin game and I (and apparently countless others) hope to see a patch on the consoles that includes NG+.

Fluffis
19th Sep 2011, 02:33
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2009/11/1/129015610106216010.jpg

MaxxQ1
19th Sep 2011, 03:13
Thank you for your replies. I am well aware of the tutorial but after that you can still have your previous items/unlock carry over . I actually just posted this incase the devs cruise these forums. They should be here to listen to what the community has to say. Not sure why the mods would lock the threads. How can they know unless they are told? I think those who put down money for a product should have the right to express the good, bad and constructive criticism of said purchase. As far as trying different plan styles, I like to play how I like to play. Once again, the benefit of ownership and in accordance with my play style and as you pointed out, countless others, it would include carrying unlock over from the previous game.

Like I said. I liked the game but NG+ would improve the replay factor devs. Fin game and I (and apparently countless others) hope to see a patch on the consoles that includes NG+.

They ignored us for three-plus years before the game was released. What makes you think they'll start listening to us now?

As for why the mods would lock the thread, it's because there have been many, MANY threads started asking for/about NG+. What will most likely happen is that this thread will be locked and merged with the single thread the mods decided to keep open for this subject. As I asked before: Is it really that difficult to type "New Game Plus" (or "NG+" or whatever) into the search field?

As for hoping to see it patched into the game, you can keep hoping, but don't hold your breath. I doubt very much it'll happen. In fact, I'll even go so far as to say it'll *never* happen.

Jibbajabba
19th Sep 2011, 04:37
They ignored us for three-plus years before the game was released. What makes you think they'll start listening to us now?

As for why the mods would lock the thread, it's because there have been many, MANY threads started asking for/about NG+. What will most likely happen is that this thread will be locked and merged with the single thread the mods decided to keep open for this subject. As I asked before: Is it really that difficult to type "New Game Plus" (or "NG+" or whatever) into the search field?

As for hoping to see it patched into the game, you can keep hoping, but don't hold your breath. I doubt very much it'll happen. In fact, I'll even go so far as to say it'll *never* happen.

I lurk the forums a lot and I notice that you moan a lot, why don't you just move on if you hate it that much ?

MaxxQ1
19th Sep 2011, 04:44
I lurk the forums a lot and I notice that you moan a lot, why don't you just move on if you hate it that much ?

You obviously haven't lurked the forums enough. I've never said I hate it.

I have issues with HR, but it's still fun to play. Funnily enough, I can also say the same about DX - that game has all kinds of problems, yet in spite of them, it's still, IMO, the best game ever made. Too bad I can't say the same about DX:HR.

Now, answer me this: What the hell does that have to do with what I posted, and you quoted?

Nothing?

Right, that's what I thought.

All I was doing was answering specific parts of beasthunt's post, and adding my opinion based on being here for almost 4 years and hearing next to nothing from the devs for three-plus years of that time. Tell me what that has to do with whether I hate the game or not.

Tverdyj
19th Sep 2011, 05:30

mods lock and merge duplicate threads. there is already a sizeable thread about requests for NG+, and I expect this will get moved there once a mod gets around to reading this.

IdiotInAJeep
19th Sep 2011, 06:07
http://edge.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/928653/80871558.gif

Viacom
19th Sep 2011, 09:55
Why this game didn't have this but MGS4 did is completely laughable, especially since they stated there would be new content on your second playthrough. They practically lied, I too made a thread about this because I'm outraged.

Goodbye replay-ability and hello DLC. Konami > Eidos. Its the same reason why the top rated comment on your channel video denounces your "Missing Link" DLC stating you cut 40% of the game and repackaged it as DLC. Where he got that number? I'm not sure, but advertising DLC within a week of release is not only suspicious but it makes it obvious what their motives are.

1) Cut out 40% of the game on purpose

2) Sell it separately for extra

3) Profit

Gone are the days when you can expect a whole game for $60. You have to spend at least twice that in DLC to get the full experience.

I hate how gaming has changed...

MaxxQ1
19th Sep 2011, 10:34
I hate how gaming has changed...

And part of that change is the idea that a DX game should have something as completely unnecessary as NG+.

What would you guys do with the original game, where you could only get *half* the available augs in a single playthrough - and *no* NG+? Even *with* NG+ (if they had it back then), you couldn't get all the augs because there were only slots available for half of them.

Arctica
19th Sep 2011, 11:15
Just a quick question:

What's so cool about New Game+?

It's not like the game makes more fun if you can typhoon away the guys in the Sarif Factory...

sonicsidewinder
19th Sep 2011, 11:19
Why don't y'all try

New Game -

sadmachine
19th Sep 2011, 11:39
The only way NG+ would be worthwhile is if selecting it also beefed up your enemies, like in Demon's Souls. Even then it wouldn't make a lick of sense for Jensen to have all his augs available when Dr. Marcovic in the LIMB clinic tells him he can't handle them all right away.

Viacom
19th Sep 2011, 13:48
What's so cool about New Game+?

Play Metal Gear Solid (or other great games) to find that out. The player is rewarded with new items, weapons, and other content which peaks replay-ability making the player craving for a second play through. More notably, Parasite Eve (A Squaresoft Product) is a even better example. They added new areas and a completely new storyline with additional play throughs which was actually the true ending. On top of that, it was executed perfectly, if you played the game you would know what I mean.

Now tell me that isn't some serious ****..

Deus Ex (Human Revolution included) is one of the most widely replayed games by anyone who has tried and finished it, so why not include new content to make our experience that much more enjoyable for a game where its a key factor? If not, why even include different ways to approach a situation or develop a story? They may as well take it a step further to ensure we are all satisfied, but like I said gaming has changed.

Arctica
19th Sep 2011, 13:56
Play Metal Gear Solid (or other great games) to find that out. The player is rewarded with new items, weapons, and other content which peaks replay-ability making the player craving for a second play through. More notably, Parasite Eve (A Squaresoft Product) is a even better example. They added new areas and a completely new storyline with additional play throughs which was actually the true ending. On top of that, it was executed perfectly, if you played the game you would know what I mean.

Deus Ex (Human Revolution included) is one of the most widely replayed games by anyone who has tried and finished it, so why not include new content to make our experience that much more enjoyable for a game where its a key factor? If not, why even include different ways to approach a situation or develop a story? They may as well take it a step further to ensure we are all satisfied, but like I said gaming has changed.

Even though I only meant Deus Ex, and not replaying Games in general, I see and understand your point. I guess you're right, adding new things on a second playthrough is kinda cool, but (and that's just my personal opinion) I think it's not necessary in Deus Ex :)

Jason Parker
19th Sep 2011, 14:21

For me this is a two sided coin. While I enjoyed those techniques to achieve replayability for instance in RE4 Wii Edition and MGS 2. I'd rather not have had them influx that much into PC-Gaming. I always found the way that games like Deus Ex or Fallout use to achieve replayability (simply by offering so much choice and content, that you can't possibly see it all in one playthrough) a lot better and more fitting to the possibilities of the PC. Let's face it until XBOX 360 and PS 3 hit us console games had not much choice than to go with lazy achievements or simply some better weapons or two or three additional missions to achieve replayability simply for disc space and computational resource limititations. I realy hoped that with the capabilities of the current generation's consoles some of the good things about PC-Gaming would have an influx on the console games. But sadly that did not really happen. You see those things only in those games that were ported from the PC to Consoles.

I don't want to flame consoles or console gamers. I love to play with my friends on the Wii (a lot more fun than LAN-Parties at times because it is easier to enjoy it with friends that are usually not into gaming). But the times I found the single player exclusives of consoles good are pretty rare (like said above they consist of RE and MGS and that's about it, well I loved Tekken, it's a shame Beat' Em' Ups are somewhat dead on the PC), but that's just my personal opinion based upon playing the games my friends with consoles used to praise at their places.

Who clearly is to blame here is the gaming industry that sadly takes the relationship between console and pc-gaming as a one-way street and pushes forth ever more concepts from consoles into PC Games but for some reason seems afraid of taking good things from PC-Gaming into console gaming, like for instance a higher level of complexity or alternate control schemes (mouse-keyboard).

VectorM
19th Sep 2011, 14:43
First off, if the game didn't have as many praxis points, your second playthrough would indeed be very different, since you would play in ways you didn't before.

Second, your New Game+ story was never the standard, so what the hell is that "gaming has changed" garbage, I don't even know.

JCpies
19th Sep 2011, 14:51
EIGHT!

Viacom
19th Sep 2011, 15:04
First off, if the game didn't have as many praxis points, your second playthrough would indeed be very different, since you would play in ways you didn't before.

Second, your New Game+ story was never the standard, so what the hell is that "gaming has changed" garbage, I don't even know.

First off, its all about marketing. If you do not understand how the gaming industry has changed and how they choose to sell their products than I won't bother getting into it deeply. Ex Mode or New Game+ has been a element many older games utilized, the reason we see a decline in this especially now is because games are extremely short with little content or immersion so gamers won't care to bother with the product anymore than trading it into gamestop for a few dollars or leaving it on their shelves to collect dust. Its smart to make games that are 2-5 hours long so that players will purchase more products instead of playing the same game and being satisfied with it for several months. It helps regulate the sales of the overall industry, companies can now make several games a year thanks to not having to work as hard and long on products so it becomes a win/win situation. So where does DX:HR fit into this discussion? They have almost defied this standard by making a game with a fairly good amount of detail and length, its no match to something like a Elder Scrolls title but it sure beats the hell out of 95% of games made today. Which was why me, and alot of other fans would like to see a Ex Mode or something that would intrigue the player to immerse themselves further into the game. Keep in mind Square Enix is probably the leader in making Ex Mode games, they completely redefined that element with PE.

Secondly, they blatantly lied about not being able to use all weapons, unlocking all augmentations, or exploring every area on a single playthrough. That was my main problem with this whole issue, on a second playthrough nothing essentially changes.

VectorM
19th Sep 2011, 17:23
So, basically, you want them to milk the game?

Viacom
19th Sep 2011, 17:27
So, basically, you want them to milk the game?

Are you a troll? Advertising DLC within a week of release is milking the game, where do you think that content came from? Where do you think the "exclusive pre-order bonuses" came from?

MaxxQ1
19th Sep 2011, 17:30
Secondly, they blatantly lied about not being able to use all weapons, unlocking all augmentations, or exploring every area on a single playthrough. That was my main problem with this whole issue, on a second playthrough nothing essentially changes.

Then why ***** because there's no NG+? There's no difference in the game if you have everything at the start that you ended the last game with. If you're waiting for them to actually *add* stuff, be prepared to wait a long time - like a year or more. That sort of thing is best done during initial production/development, and not shoehorned in later.

That's why I say that DX:HR will never see NG+.

Viacom
19th Sep 2011, 17:46
Then why ***** because there's no NG+? There's no difference in the game if you have everything at the start that you ended the last game with. If you're waiting for them to actually *add* stuff, be prepared to wait a long time - like a year or more. That sort of thing is best done during initial production/development, and not shoehorned in later.

That's why I say that DX:HR will never see NG+.

There is more to a NG+ or Ex Mode than just what you build your character to and what you possessed from the previous game. And the additional content has already been made, its just been repackaged so they can "milk" more money out of this project. I've mentioned this several times already.

If you don't understand the process of it then don't bother objecting the idea.

MaxxQ1
20th Sep 2011, 05:41
There is more to a NG+ or Ex Mode than just what you build your character to and what you possessed from the previous game. And the additional content has already been made, its just been repackaged so they can "milk" more money out of this project. I've mentioned this several times already.

If you don't understand the process of it then don't bother objecting the idea.

I can "object the idea" as much as I want. Are you an EM employee? How do you know extra content is already made? I say that *some* extra content is ready, but not for use in the way you want it. I also say that there will never be an official NG+ patch/addition. Only time will tell, though.

VectorM
20th Sep 2011, 06:25
Are you a troll? Advertising DLC within a week of release is milking the game, where do you think that content came from? Where do you think the "exclusive pre-order bonuses" came from?

I didn't say they are not milking it already. But what you want is exactly what you are getting - more content for extra playthroughs. So what exactly are you complaining about? That they didn't add the DLC to the main game? Learn how this stuff works, before you spout ignorant BS, please.

Painman
20th Sep 2011, 06:48
Where is the lockdown? Well, since the thread is still open, I'll tell you why there is no NG+, as far as I see it:

-1. It blows the story to pieces. Once Adam is augmented, he actually does have every system you see on the Aug screen installed. The doctor at the Detroit Limb clinic explains to you how things work: They are dormant, but turn on naturally over time (via the Experience Point system) or Adam can accelerate the process by directly purchasing/finding and using Praxis software.

-2. The essence of Deus Ex is making choices, but also sacrifices. You can't lug around every weapon in the game; you haven't the inventory space. Nor can you fully upgrade them all. You need to pick certain weapons/augs to develop, and leave others behind. The replay value of DX is found within this choice/sacrifice tradeoff. Use different weapons/augs in your new game. Use a different approach - be a heavy weapon-wielding tank instead of a lithe, sneaky, hacky sniper. Be a jerk to everyone, or even a maniacal psychopath, instead of Dudley Do Right.

If only there weren't such an excess of Praxis points to be earned, the aug choices might be more meaningful. As it is, you can have every truly useful aug halfway through any given playthrough even if you don't XP farm.

Anyway, that's my take on why NG+ is a nonstarter with DX.