PDA

View Full Version : **SPEED-RUN**

Cranmire
17th Sep 2011, 11:10
Hi all, Ive been visiting this forum since the games launch and like many of you have found the game deeply enjoyable, the re playability of the game is something I truly love.
Ive done three complete playthroughs:
Cloaked stealth:- hack everything, kill no one (if possible).
Zero Takedown ghost:- inspired by GreasedScotsman (great vids by the way!), this was the most rewarding.
and SLAYER .... you can guess how that went :)

After reading a few threads where people have mentioned completing the game in 5-6 hours and had been mocked by other users who didn't believe it was possible I decided to give it ago.
I was confident that I could do it in less.
I set out earlier with the intention of only running for my objective and only taking the very rare detour if I believed the reward would benefit me in the long run e.g going down elevator shaft and ladders in Hengsha to pick up an extra praxis under the elevator.
I have to this point just entered the Picus Communications (where everybody is missing) I have reached this point in 1 hour and 45 minutes :lmao: no joke.
I haven't got the time to finish this run till Monday but I cannot believe how easy this game is if you simply Run/Cloak past everything.
I reckon at this rate completing the game in just over three hours is doable. Im trying to sort out fraps (never used it before) to record and upload and if I get it working smoothly i'll do another run to show all doubters.
What i would like to know though is if anybody else has purposely tried this and if so how long did it take them.

the funniest thing so far was completing the intro and Sarif Headquarters (first mission with Zeke Sanders) in under ten minutes! crazily funny :nut:

IdiotInAJeep
17th Sep 2011, 11:35
If you could upload video's that would be great. I'm surprised at how easy it is to get through fast, although you should end up slowing down in enemy heavy areas like Picus and Singapore.

Kvltism
17th Sep 2011, 11:49
I'm surprised at how easy it is to get through fast, although you should end up slowing down in enemy heavy areas like Picus and Singapore.

Unless you manage to clog your inventory with consumables before those levels, have fully-upgraded the Energy Converter, (or the recharge branch, at least) and put the cloak/silent movement augs to good use. Even then, there are only so many energy bars, etc to be found.

Lv4
17th Sep 2011, 15:03
I am also interested in running this game. Will do that today to see what time I can get. I believe you can be to Picus much before 1h45. Do you run it on Bring me Deus Ex ?

Darthassin
17th Sep 2011, 15:48
I play it at easy, 45 min (including loading times) played and I am fighting with barret right now.

Cranmire
17th Sep 2011, 16:18
I am also interested in running this game. Will do that today to see what time I can get. I believe you can be to Picus much before 1h45. Do you run it on Bring me Deus Ex ?

Yes, played on hardest setting.

The first thing i got with my praxi points was cloak, but if i ever redo the speed run i will get the breathing enhancements first plus faster running speed.
You dont need cloak till Hengsha to make things easier.

The only times i ever waited was to recharge my battery, it seems so cheap when you run past a room full of guards cloaked. So many check points can be breezed through like this. The AI doesn't follow you into buildings etc so there are many times when you can run straight past five or so guards into a door way to the next check point knowing that they wont follow you. and generally the alarm status does not effect the area your entering which just makes the run through even easier.
The hardest thing ive found is reminding myself not to wait for the guards to move on their set paths.
I know if I do it again i could knock another 15 minutes of my time up to Picus communications, its a fun challenge :)

Also ive found the stun gun the best weapon to equip. instant knock out, great when batteries are low and there's one guard blocking your exit.

Cranmire
17th Sep 2011, 16:20
I play it at easy, 45 min (including loading times) played and I am fighting with barret right now.

Dont know about you but i skip through what ever i can, cut scenes, character dialogue.. saves alot of time.

Darthassin
17th Sep 2011, 16:48
1hr 45 min (including loading time), easy, yelena is dead.

Dont know about you but i skip through what ever i can, cut scenes, character dialogue.. saves alot of time.

Me too.

EDIT:

2hr 30 min , easy, namir is dead.

EDIT 2:

aprox 2hr 45 min, difficulity: easy , DXHR finished - darrow ending, tong rescue mission and loading time included)

Lv4
17th Sep 2011, 18:37
If you're really interested go there: http://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/deus_ex_human_revolution2.html

Very useful routes and passcodes are noted in there. Current record is 1h54 on XBox360. I have 2h05 on PC. I think this can definately be under 1h45 with some more abuses.

Cranmire
17th Sep 2011, 20:01
If you're really interested go there: http://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/deus_ex_human_revolution2.html

Very useful routes and passcodes are noted in there. Current record is 1h54 on XBox360. I have 2h05 on PC. I think this can definately be under 1h45 with some more abuses.

WOW!
I thought doing it under three hours was good, now ive got a real challenge.

Cannot believe how easy this game can be even on hardest difficulty it almost feels broken :lol:

Thanks for the link!

GreasedScotsman
18th Sep 2011, 02:09
Zero Takedown ghost:- inspired by GreasedScotsman (great vids by the way!), this was the most rewarding.

Thanks!

Let me know if you need a hand w/ FRAPS. That's what I use for recording the footage in my series and I'd be glad to help.