PDA

View Full Version : Final level... no one can hurt you?

Mather
16th Sep 2011, 17:38
Mild Spoilers I suppose

When I got to the final Pangea level I took a second to wait and see what the "crazies" would do to me if they got close enough. The answer is nothing. They shout and scream and flail around but they can't actually do any damage to me. I waltzed through the level in about ten minutes... Is this an actual design choice or did my game glitch out?

Go try it.. pretty sure you can just walk past all of them with no problem...
If anyone has gotten through this level and actually let the crazies get near you without blasting them lemme know please...

JCpies
16th Sep 2011, 17:40
That sounds hilarious, just having them stand by you like lunatics.

Jerion
16th Sep 2011, 17:40
Mild Spoilers I suppose

When I got to the final Pangea level I took a second to wait and see what the "crazies" would do to me if they got close enough. The answer is nothing. They shout and scream and flail around but they can't actually do any damage to me. I waltzed through the level in about ten minutes... Is this an actual design choice or did my game glitch out?

If anyone has gotten through this level and actually let the crazies get near you without blasting them lemme know please...

They claw the life out of me, so I'd say that's a glitch right there. :)

sadmachine
16th Sep 2011, 17:44
They definitely damaged me. I was able to sprint through them or jump over them most of the time (silly me thinking that not killing them would have some kind of impact on the story), but I almost bit it a couple times when I'd get caught in a mosh.

Jason Parker
16th Sep 2011, 17:46
They claw the life out of me, so I'd say that's a glitch right there. :)

Jup same here. On "Give me Deus Ex" They're also doing pretty fast.

PugPug
16th Sep 2011, 17:59
They hurt a lot, and slow you down when they hit you. Realistically, you can't run away once they start to hit you, even with sprint. It's blast them or die at that point. Heaven help you if you get swarmed.

Personally I hid in the large break room/cafeteria area and blocked the doors with vending machines tipped on their sides. They couldn't climb in, so I gunned them down with ease. There's also a vent that comes out by the elevator, I think, for Ghost runs.

imported_BoB_
16th Sep 2011, 18:06
They hurt a lot, and slow you down when they hit you. Realistically, you can't run away once they start to hit you, even with sprint. It's blast them or die at that point. Heaven help you if you get swarmed.

You just have to run/jump multiple times if they catch you. In my playthrough, they really didn't do much damage. I don't know if it's normal or not, maybe it was because I had 200 health points.

Fluffis
16th Sep 2011, 18:15
They did a ****-load of damage to me. Granted, I only had lvl 1 armour, but still.

itsonyourhead
16th Sep 2011, 18:16
I experienced this glitch as well on my second play-through. It was like the AI shorted out and they didn't know what to do.

Mather
16th Sep 2011, 18:35
I'm using 360 version. I had full armour and full 200 point health but I'm guessing the AI shorted out on my play through because there was nothing, no red screen, no slow down... just big dumb lugs flailing at nothing. I guess I'll load a previous save and try again... Thanks for all the responses guys... I'll say it definitely made the final level more comedy than suspense...

sonicsidewinder
16th Sep 2011, 19:20
As long as they scared you...

Mather
16th Sep 2011, 19:37
They did for about the first 5 minutes of the level, then when I realized they couldn't hurt me... not so much...

Locutus of BORG
16th Sep 2011, 19:42
The crazies are very erratic. I've seen everything from them ignoring you, swarming you, or even running away from you (this only happened once for me).... but generally if they attack you they do a lot of damage, so being harrassed but unharmed is a new one for me. Like others said, it might just be a lucky glitch.

Tecman
16th Sep 2011, 19:43
I've had both things happen to me; one playthrough they were very aggressive, in another they just stood around talking to themselves.

According to an interview in the guide book, some are supposed to attack and some to cower, since the signal is meant to ignite their fight or flight instinct.

Mather
16th Sep 2011, 19:48
Haha... mine were apparently all set to "berate"... they shout and gesticulate like mad... Then run away... They're kinda all like the crazy cat lady from the Simpsons...

AgentExeider
16th Sep 2011, 19:54
I didnt seem to have a problem, i did managed to back them into those supply rooms and knock them out to keep them from being electrocuted.

DanB2644
16th Sep 2011, 20:09
at least on PS3, my blood was spilled a few times when I got too close. They can definitely do damage on the last level.

PugPug
16th Sep 2011, 22:28
You just have to run/jump multiple times if they catch you. In my playthrough, they really didn't do much damage. I don't know if it's normal or not, maybe it was because I had 200 health points.

How do you get 200 health? Painkillers and booze? I kind of ignored the consumables...

sadmachine
16th Sep 2011, 22:41
Painkillers and booze?

Or as I like to call it, "breakfast."

Jibbajabba
16th Sep 2011, 22:53
Crazies normally leave you alone ish. You can easily sneak past them. The ones you gotta be careful with are the heavy-crazies ... Once they spot you, the normal crazies go on a rage. For instance, when you wait until the one heavy goes around the corner, you can sneak past all of them and go into the cafeteria, leaving it at the exist near the lift unharmed.
Also at the end, the bridge just before the end boss. There are openings on the left and right so you can sneak past them (go right through the opening, cross, left through the opening, rinse and repeat). But also here you will notice that there is one heavy-crazy between those openings (for exactly that reason). So you gotta keep an eye on that one. Oh and they go mental (normals too) when you touch them.

Romeo
17th Sep 2011, 00:05
I've only encountered them on my first playthrough so far, but there I know some would lose it and attack, whereas others would try and "fight" the hallucinations. It isn't a glitch, if you listen to them, they begin to realize they're going insane.

Deu sex
17th Sep 2011, 01:43
Mild Spoilers I suppose

I had the same bug... extremely annoying and disapointing.

Mather
17th Sep 2011, 06:33
Yeah it sucks because my last save game was far earlier so I don't really want to go back through 4 missions just to see if the glitch doesn't happen the second time. To those that are saying that it's normal... no... trust me... not a single enemy could touch me... I didn't run, I didn't jump... I walked.. stood in front of heavies... slapped a few crazy civilians... alerted the whole of Pangaea... it's not a behavioral anomaly, it's broken. And as much as I LOVED this game... it TOTALLY killed the end of it for me... too bad...

Mather
17th Sep 2011, 06:35
@ PUGPUG

200 health with painkillers and hypostims and booze...

Romeo
17th Sep 2011, 06:53
@ PUGPUG

200 health with painkillers and hypostims and booze...
Deus Ex...

Life simulator.

Mather
17th Sep 2011, 07:01
Yeah but my blade arms don't work so well after two tylenol 3's and a mickey of vodka...

Jordasm
17th Sep 2011, 07:27
It depends on the difficulty, when I tried it on Deus Ex they charged at me and went mental, when I played on easy, they just stood there and jumped about like retards.

Mather
17th Sep 2011, 07:46
Yeah but I'm not playing easy... I'm playing "Give Me Deus Ex". It's def a glitch...