PDA

View Full Version : Highly recommended

InGroove2
16th Sep 2011, 14:05
In certain portions of the game, turn off the music and using a separate music player, play the OLD DX music so you can hear both the DX music and the rest of the sonds from DXHR.

in particular, play the NYC streets music when walking around Detroit... it made my day.

note: not that i hate the DXHR music, but the old music really "ties the room together" if you get me.

Daedatheus
16th Sep 2011, 14:44
in particular, play the NYC streets music when walking around Detroit... it made my day.

I tried music from VtmB... but why did I never even try this???

I want someone to make a mod that replaces all tracks with the (most suitable) tracks from DX1.

JCpies
16th Sep 2011, 15:04
You guys make Michael McCann sad.

InGroove2
16th Sep 2011, 15:05
I tried music from VtmB... but why did I never even try this???

I want someone to make a mod that replaces all tracks with the (most suitable) tracks from DX1.

Good call, i hope someone would do that.

While McCann has done an admirable job... it just doesn't have enough character. plus, i wouldn't remove the DXHR music from every part of the game.. there's just some parts that seem like they could really use the old music.... again ,detroit, specifically.

Ilves
16th Sep 2011, 15:16
detroit, specifically.

Or how about the Versalife track playing in the lower TYM labs? Majestic12's theme in the restricted Picus area? And so on. :D

Having the old tracks as unlockables wouldn't even be such a stretch, considering they obtained licenses for the main theme (which I thought was rather lazy and cheap, to be honest) and the snippets of soundtrack on the Lazarus broadcasts.

Meh, to me the overall mood and story had so little to do with the original fiction that there's little point in dragging the old score into it. I love McCann's sound, it's perfect, ties the whole thing together beautifully.

JCpies
16th Sep 2011, 15:26
I think McCann should've made a new version of the original Deus Ex theme. Similar to the remixed Unatco theme that plays before the opening. That was top notch.

InGroove2
16th Sep 2011, 15:28
You guys make Michael McCann sad.

this has nothing to do with him. his stuff is definitely good stuff (though, i have to say YET again that the use of the female voice is a huge let down... it's such a generic movie score move... though i give him props for properly citing ground zero for that sound and where he got it ((lisa gerrard, dead can dance))... ever since "The Gladiator" it's just so over done.

anyway, the scor for HR is great, i just think the old score fits awesomely at some points.

Meh, to me the overall mood and story had so little to do with the original fiction that there's little point in dragging the old score into it. I love McCann's sound, it's perfect, ties the whole thing together beautifully.

fair enough. but i wasn't asking if it was a good idea... it was just a reccomendation.

Ilves
16th Sep 2011, 16:20
I think McCann should've made a new version of the original Deus Ex theme. Similar to the remixed Unatco theme that plays before the opening. That was top notch.

YES. I'm really surprised they overhauled so many "staples" of the franchise wielding the "industry has changed" mantra, and then went and left a beautiful opportunity like that unused. :hmm:

(Though I still think it's nigh impossible to render the theme and not have it sound dorky. But I'd love to hear an attempt at it.)

fair enough. but i wasn't asking if it was a good idea... it was just a reccomendation.

If it came as an option for the PS3 I would definitely give it a go. :thumb: