PDA

View Full Version : Mystery coffin? *minor spoiler*

sny
15th Sep 2011, 17:22
Apologies if this has been discussed before, but my searches yielded no posts on this topic. Anyway...

I noticed that in the artbook that came with the Augmented Edition of DX:HR, there's an artwork for an object called "FEMA coffin". Now, I don't think I've encountered any black coffins whatsoever in the FEMA facility, but I do remember picking up a pocket secretary containing a message between two guards mentioning a third that likes to climb inside coffins... so maybe it does exist (or perhaps it was cut from the game before release).

If by any chance someone finds (or has already found) this coffin, let us know what's inside... could be interesting. :rolleyes:

MaxxQ1
15th Sep 2011, 17:29
Apologies if this has been discussed before, but my searches yielded no posts on this topic. Anyway...

I noticed that in the artbook that came with the Augmented Edition of DX:HR, there's an artwork for an object called "FEMA coffin". Now, I don't think I've encountered any black coffins whatsoever in the FEMA facility, but I do remember picking up a pocket secretary containing a message between two guards mentioning a third that likes to climb inside coffins... so maybe it does exist (or perhaps it was cut from the game before release).

If by any chance someone finds (or has already found) this coffin, let us know what's inside... could be interesting. :rolleyes:

I wonder if that's the "large object" mentioned during the part of the game where you're helping Cassandra Reed find out more about Megan's "death". It's mentioned when you talk to the original investigator. He says some of the evidence that was suppressed was blurry video footage of the mercs carrying into Sarif " a large object". My speculation is that it was used to carry a body or bodies to substitute for the kidnapped scientists.

Early plans may have had us seeing that video, and it ended up being cut.

sny
15th Sep 2011, 18:02
I wonder if that's the "large object" mentioned during the part of the game where you're helping Cassandra Reed find out more about Megan's "death". It's mentioned when you talk to the original investigator. He says some of the evidence that was suppressed was blurry video footage of the mercs carrying into Sarif " a large object". My speculation is that it was used to carry a body or bodies to substitute for the kidnapped scientists.

Early plans may have had us seeing that video, and it ended up being cut.

I was under the impression that the large object they were carrying was some kind of signal jammer to disrupt Pritchard's ability to monitor the situation. That would explain why the communication between Pritchard and AJ is cracking up while Jensen is riding the elevator down to the labs. But your theory sounds just as plausible. :scratch:

K404
29th Sep 2011, 10:04
I figured the FEMA coffins were a reference to the human cargo pods used to get people to Singapore? They're made by Shinming.... artwork is just artwork though, company names come later?

Only coffin-like thing in the game that I can think of

PugPug
29th Sep 2011, 14:55
Yeah, I thought the coffin the guy was sleeping in was a hibernation pod. I'm not sure why they needed so many bodies. Maybe it took a few ill-fated experiments to get the brain-computer technology right, or it had a way of killing people after awhile.

As for the large object the mercs brought in, at first I assumed it was the space-age napalm or whatever they used to burn the bodies.

sny
29th Sep 2011, 15:02
I figured the FEMA coffins were a reference to the human cargo pods used to get people to Singapore? They're made by Shinming.... artwork is just artwork though, company names come later?

Only coffin-like thing in the game that I can think of

Those capsules had crossed my mind too, but I decided not to mention them for multiple reasons:

1. They have absolutely nothing to do with FEMA.
2. They're not coffins per se, since they're designed to keep people alive. :rolleyes:
3. The artwork in the artbook looks nothing like those... the FEMA coffins are enormous black containers, with no apparent electronics present in them, whereas the capsules are smaller white rounded shapes with a host of computers and displays in them.

I'm inclined to conclude that they've been cut from the final game, since I've done a pretty thorough search of the FEMA facility with nothing even remotely resembling them popping up anywhere. A shame, would've been fun hearing what the weirdo hiding in there had to say. :p

jeyeichkey
29th Sep 2011, 20:53
@sny

Adam rode in one on his way to Singapore, right?

And the destination showed several of those "coffins" as some were seen at port in Hengsha. Belltower and Omega Range working togheter, or possibly the Queen owning it all.