PDA

View Full Version : Getting weapon upgrades as rewards

Herbert Dashwood
14th Sep 2011, 21:31
Any feel like this was a little annoying, when I was on a nonlethal playthrough, and I went through all that work just to get an attachment I didn't need? I love this game, but sometimes it's the little things that hold things back. (All jokes aside)

auric
14th Sep 2011, 22:11
You can always sell them & get what u do want.

Romeo
14th Sep 2011, 22:25
I thoroughly enjoyed them. As auric said, they tend to have tremendous value for their size, making them useful in that regard. Or, if you don't shy away from combat, they tend to be one of the few decent rewards available.

handgriffsorgfaeltig
15th Sep 2011, 00:20
for my thought rather realistic...how often has anyone cash on themselves, so liquidating what is around seems quite reasonable...

Shralla
15th Sep 2011, 01:13
So just because you don't use them, they shouldn't give them as rewards? That's one of the dumber things I've read recently, and I survived the entire battery debate which seems to have died down.

Romeo
15th Sep 2011, 04:30
So just because you don't use them, they shouldn't give them as rewards? That's one of the dumber things I've read recently, and I survived the entire battery debate which seems to have died down.
It's just recharging. At least back to 20%.

chabbles
15th Sep 2011, 04:32
didnt seem like much of a problem, although it would be cool if u were given a choice between some diff items

auric
15th Sep 2011, 09:39
One more thing, just because u got a gun, it does not mean its to shoot at people. ;)
when i went all non-lethal i still upgrade my pistol for fun, unfortunately not fully to get achievement, lol

anyway, other than for bosses
there's many other purposes for a gun.

- open doors (shoot it, more dmg u got the faster the door breaks)

- Disarm gas bomb (seriously :D )

- distract enemy, they investigate where u shoot or something

- Get Achievement :D

- Shoot gas Barrels / fire extinguishers (non-lethals)

- give to someone (i dun want to give my upg gun, so i said no, lol)
Sadly there's no option to say i'll protect u, lol

rokstrombo
15th Sep 2011, 09:43
I think weapon upgrades a worthy reward completing missions, but I wish the generic upgrades weren't so rare. I dropped a lot of cooling, targeting, armor-piercing, burst-round, explosive-round, etc upgrades, because I had no use for them after finding them for a second or third time.

Herbert Dashwood
15th Sep 2011, 12:45
didnt seem like much of a problem, although it would be cool if u were given a choice between some diff items

That's what I wanted.

sonicsidewinder
15th Sep 2011, 13:08
In the context of the game i find them odd.

I mean, what's the point of upgrading damage capacity when a headshot kills in one from the beginning, without any upgrades.

auric
15th Sep 2011, 14:16
In the context of the game i find them odd.

I mean, what's the point of upgrading damage capacity when a headshot kills in one from the beginning, without any upgrades.

Have u went all out aggressive before?

U won't have time to aim the head when they're all at u when u make ur presence known.
So u need that extra dmg to tackle people with body armor.
:)

Herbert Dashwood
15th Sep 2011, 14:41
Psycopath with a Heavy Rifle. Quite fun.

Romeo
15th Sep 2011, 19:13
I think weapon upgrades a worthy reward completing missions, but I wish the generic upgrades weren't so rare. I dropped a lot of cooling, targeting, armor-piercing, burst-round, explosive-round, etc upgrades, because I had no use for them after finding them for a second or third time.
I know exactly what you mean (Granted, I was upset with myself when I turfed my second cooling upgrade late in the game, right before finding Namir). More generics would've been appreciated.