PDA

View Full Version : Adam's Flak jacket + pants Mod

googlehead
14th Sep 2011, 06:40
Hello , this mod changes Adam's "flak" jacket to another one , its available in 4 colors , in addition of dark pants

here is poster ,
http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/4280/adamoutfitposter.jpg
(http://darkionsblog.com/load/deus_ex_human_revolution_mods/outfit_mods/adam_39_s_outfit_mod/5-1-0-21)

You can check more screenshots in download page..

DOWNLOAD (http://darkionsblog.com/load/deus_ex_human_revolution_mods/outfit_mods/adam_39_s_outfit_mod/5-1-0-21)

Kodaemon
14th Sep 2011, 06:54
Heh, TRON Adam, now that's a fun idea

Jason Parker
14th Sep 2011, 09:05
Nicely done indeed. I think the one with the golden lines also fits with the rest of the game's visual appearance.

Enemy242
14th Sep 2011, 16:33
looks really good. no offense, but i think you should try modding/changing some other things/textures which would be a little more complex than a simple color change. you obviously have modding skills, and without an sdk people are going to have to find out themselves how to mod things/what boundaries they push, and if you could mod something really unique/try to find a way to mod files/areas people previous did not know how that'd cause a huge influx in mods and allow more people to create more things as well as blazing a path.

don't take me wrong, the color change mods are nice and you definitely are skilled, but you should try putting it towards something more difficult and enigmatic, such as trying to find out how to mod/tinker with something else in the game that isn't as straightforward. then you could create another great mod and also open the door for others to mess around with things, creating even bigger and more high quality texture mods of all different things in the game. someones gotta do it and the more skilled the person who tries is, probably the quicker it'll come about; perseverance can break down anything (even a lack of an sdk, who knows).

Kodaemon
14th Sep 2011, 16:42
@Enemy242

Apart from the actual texture editing, these mods are done with texmod, which is basically a general purpose directx texture hooking tool. Swapping out textures is the only thing it can do, no gameplay changes.

miseryguts
14th Sep 2011, 16:46
Thanks,

Great to have any visual mods.. one question though.. when are you going to release a trenchcoat mod..?

Herbert Dashwood
14th Sep 2011, 18:29
I actually think the gold trim one looks better than the original

DXeXodus
14th Sep 2011, 21:11
Agreed. The gold trim one is really cool.

Enemy242
15th Sep 2011, 00:10
@Enemy242

Apart from the actual texture editing, these mods are done with texmod, which is basically a general purpose directx texture hooking tool. Swapping out textures is the only thing it can do, no gameplay changes.

what i was basically trying to say is the more people push what is currently available, maybe modders could find a way to actually edit the gameplay. my main focus was saying that he's clearly talented and should try working on more complex things to make a path for other people to learn from what he's done so for example someone could make a high res texture pack etc, and if new tools are used/the way the game is built makes more sense maybe people could move on to other territory. never know unless you try, and i'm quite excited to see what more complex stuff modders come up with as they learn more and more and understand the game more (just like how early mods are usually the most basic and then as time goes on they can get crazyyy, see that one deus ex russian mod 2720 or whatever as an example haha)