PDA

View Full Version : Most vital upgrades Absolution must have.

Codename47.
12th Sep 2011, 16:57
Being a long time fan of the Hitman series since Silent Assassin. The series has been lacking in some areas due to the A.I. Like the targets in the levels that follow the same path over and over, making them easy and predictable. Hopefully, IO Interactive fixes this problem with a more smarter, advanced A.I that does random things.

Feel free to add suggestions that needs addressing.

Nogarda
13th Sep 2011, 13:33
Putting aside for a tiny miniscule moment that the fact a decade ago all AI follow patterns to some degree if not every degree. People are creature's of habits. Then add the fact this is a videogame not real life. some players aren't as brazen, or oppertunistic as others. So some players will watch and monitor a AI's pattern in a level for hours on occasion, then strike when the coast is clear.

To be honest not only is this how people get amazingly good at hitman knowing where anyone and everyone is going to be within certain perametres, it usually people track others, as everyone is a creature of habit and does at least one thing repeatedly in their routine.

Hitori
21st Oct 2011, 15:21
Yes i agree, many people do follow patterns in real life, at work they have assigned duties and chedules, many guards have special movement restriction orders, take buckingham palace for example, those guards are pretty mutch screwed and eaven a statue is sufficiant replacement for them.

On the other hand many of the patterns are not realistic, some are for the sake of gameplay (like the limo driver takeing a piss in the dark alley ewery 5 minutes), and some are just plain ordered routes, like for example a whaiter that serves 20 tables but regardless what direction the table is in he still use the same door into the kitchen despite there beeing 3 doors with 1 beeeing closer to ½ the tables.

But if your tired of them following the same patters there is 2 options.
1. Ask the developers to improve realism with multiple random selected patterns.
2. Fire off a few bullets or come into the room dragging a corpse (nothing kills a good entrance better than that), they almost instantly panic and break ewery assigned pattern (oh ****t).

big_hitman_fan
22nd Oct 2011, 20:58
I used to think this way too, but the paths are like a subtle "hint" system built into the game. If you are playing the level for a long time, then you are probably getting stuck or aren't confident in your approach. Once you "crack" the level, you can start experimenting with different ways to finish the same story.

Really well done levels change the paths on you though (not random, but variable) - you hit an important milestone in the story, and you need to be on your toes.

That's what makes this series awesome.