PDA

View Full Version : Is There An E-Book That Refers To A.I./Robots Lying?

Free 7hinker
11th Sep 2011, 17:07
I know I came across an E-Book that talked about a Swedish scientist that conducted an experiment with A.I. to determine whether it could lie or not. It was a very interesting E-Book, but I had died in a firefight soon after. When I loaded the game, I didn't read the E-Book again, but I believe I found it in the Picus level. The only problem now is that I can't find this E-Book anywhere! I've even tried looking through E-Book guides online and I haven't found this particular one.

Does this E-Book even exist or was I dreaming?!

imported_BoB_
11th Sep 2011, 17:12
Yeah, there is, and you're right, it's in Picus. I think it's on a blank furniture in the first room (not on a desk), the room with the praxis kit. Or in the deskroom to the right after leaving Eliza's office (with the vent that allows you to go directly upstairs when there is the ambush)

Free 7hinker
11th Sep 2011, 17:17
Yeah, there is, and you're right, it's in Picus. I think it's on a blank furniture in the first room (not on a desk), the room with the praxis kit. Or in the deskroom to the right after leaving Eliza's office (with the vent that allows you to go directly upstairs when there is the ambush)

Exactly! Why can't I find it online? What is it titled? Are there more than 29 E-Books?

imported_BoB_
11th Sep 2011, 17:22
Of course there is a lot more than 29 books. The 29 books are for an achievement and give you 200 XP each. The others don't.

El_Bel
11th Sep 2011, 18:46
Yes it exists. The best part is that this experiment that they talk about exists in real life.

http://www.popsci.com/scitech/article/2009-08/evolving-robots-learn-lie-hide-resources-each-other

Another interesting point is why did they put that e-book at the same level as Eliza. Maybe she is lying about something?

likta
12th Sep 2011, 06:18
Another interesting point is why did they put that e-book at the same level as Eliza. Maybe she is lying about something?

Yes, yes she is. Its the whole reason why she exists in the first place.

MaxxQ1
12th Sep 2011, 08:35

Yes, yes she is. Its the whole reason why she exists in the first place.

No, she's not lying about something...

...she's lying about *everything*.

duckydy
12th Sep 2011, 12:04
These e-books were a really great touch. I remember I read an e-book about Singapore and human trafficking or something like that in the game just before heading to Singapore and reading about the AI before meeting Eliza was pretty neat too.

El_Bel
12th Sep 2011, 18:44
No, she's not lying about something...

...she's lying about *everything*.

But that is just her original programing. I dont count that as lying.

daviareias
13th Sep 2011, 04:58
I still dont understand why Eliza would help Adam, something's wrong

Tverdyj
13th Sep 2011, 05:37

she has been described as "unreliable" by Zhao before....

think back to why Daedalus ended up helping JC. kinda similar scenario

Romeo
13th Sep 2011, 05:59
I think she's develloped the one characteristic that helps spur intellectual growth: Curiousity.

Adam interests her, so she wants to keep him alive to observe him. There's also other reasons why she would. She is commanded by the Illumnati to spin the truth. They also probably offend her with their lack of trust (Consider that Federova is essentially a watchdog for her to keep her in line. Lastly, I'd say there's sort of a comraderie or understanding between her and Jensen. Both are unique lifeforms: Adam with his ability to rapidly adapt to any augmentation; Eliza for being the only AI.

she has been described as "unreliable" by Zhao before....

think back to why Daedalus ended up helping JC. kinda similar scenario
True, I hadn't considered the Daedalus connection, but perhaps the simplist solution is perhaps the most logical. =P

imported_BoB_
14th Sep 2011, 04:03
For the OP, it's at the beginning of Picus. You take the stairs and it's in the first office at your right.