PDA

View Full Version : Boss Fights Redo?

tarhiel
11th Sep 2011, 11:49
Hello Eidos Mointreal,

I, as many other gamers, am pleased with how well you did Deus Ex: Human Revolution. You hit the nail right. But there is one thing in partiuclar, which is critizied by many: boss fights. More precisely, unability to end them any other way than killing them, even though you took them down by non-lethal means.

I heard you mentioned that boss fights ought to be more spohisticated, but it was hurried becasue of the release date (which happens often in games industry).

What I´d like to humbly ask is: can´t you incorporate it back to the game by patch, or by releasing some kind of „extended edition“ of the game (like the first Witcher did? and look how succesfull they were!)?

I´m sure many people would be pleased. Myself included. :)

Thanks fo answer,

Tarhiel

unbeatableDX
11th Sep 2011, 11:54
Hello Eidos Mointreal,

I, as many other gamers, am pleased with how well you did Deus Ex: Human Revolution. You hit the nail right. But there is one thing in partiuclar, which is critizied by many: boss fights. More precisely, unability to end them any other way than killing them, even though you took them down by non-lethal means.

I heard you mentioned that boss fights ought to be more spohisticated, but it was hurried becasue of the release date (which happens often in games industry).

What I´d like to humbly ask is: can´t you incorporate it back to the game by patch, or by releasing some kind of „extended edition“ of the game (like the first Witcher did? and look how succesfull they were!)?

I´m sure many people would be pleased. Myself included. :)

Thanks fo answer,

Tarhiel

no. i couldnt care less about the boss fights. its the following i care about-

OLD POST
1. transgenics & animals NOT IN
2. datacubes IN AS E-BOOKS
3. LOTS of weapons NOPE
4. use your arm blades as ordinary melee function & upgrade them in some way NOPE
5. option to go prone NOPE
6. smart AI NOPE
7. bob page on a skyscraper (E egg) NOPE
8. speed enhancement upgrades jumping height more than once. NOPE, BUT 9FOOT IS ACCEPTABLE
9. voice acting that is hilarious at times, and serious, good and deep at others. NOPE, ALTHOUGH AT TIMES GOOD
10. icarus landing system manually activated NOPE, BUT IT DOESNT MATTER
11. return to ocean lab NOPE, BUT NOT ESSENTIAL
12. medbots & repair bots. NOPE
13. ability to hoist up ledges like in DX2 NOPE
14. Even more takedown sequences. seems like there is a lot, 20 maybe? i want 40. NOPE
15. ability to mess around at sarif HQ like at unatco NOPE

Very important to my experience
NONE OF THIS MADE IT INTO THE GAME
1. lockpicks
2. ATMs
3. swimming
4. xp earned the same way as dx1
5. lots of different colours and level variety just like dx1
6. skill system
7. music similar to dx1/good music
8. interact with everything just like in dx1
ill also add that the game is lacking interesting encounters with NPCs, lacking weapon mods, has a terrible final level, a story that doesnt touch DX1. lack of usable items, the game is filled with invisible walls. the game is lacking choice and consequence-mainly the augmentation system and finally the game hardly reacts to my mass murder playthroughs. what a shame

unbeatableDX
11th Sep 2011, 12:26
DX:HR still one of the best games this generation though. the only way the "industry has grown up" is graphics, iron sights, AI and physics oh and DLC and corporate pirates

unbeatableDX
11th Sep 2011, 13:10
i am a forum pirate, i shall commandeer this thread. Ha...argh!
nah have it back buddy im about done with these forums