PDA

View Full Version : Dark comedy style?

9th Sep 2011, 06:08
I keep hearing DEV's talk about this "Dark comedy" that everybody likes.
They made Hitman:CN47 then they came out with Hitman2: Silent Assassin witch was an improvement and was serious, loved the art style on Hitman Contracts.
But in Blood Money I hated all that goofy stuff they was trying to do. It gave the story an inconstant tone and most of all it wasn't even close to being funny.

So I guess my question is who really liked that Dark comedy style?
Am I the only one that hated that dark comedy style?

The reason I bring this up is because their saying that their going to have more of this and that the fans loved it.

RZ47
9th Sep 2011, 12:05
I agree with you. I liked Blood Money but some of the stuff in it was really silly. Hitman 2 Silent Assassin was really serious and involving. Contracts was very dark but addictive too. Im very concerned about this new one, Absolution. No David Bateson as Mr 47 and even more ridiculous, no Jesper Kyd. His soundtracks were one of the best things about Hitman 2 Silent Assassin, Hitman Contracts and Hitman Blood Money. I never played Codename 47, so I wouldn't know about it. I said in another thread and I will stick to it, if they don't re-instate Mr Bateson and Mr Kyd, I will NOT be buying or playing Absolution. I WILL boycott it entirely!

Nogarda
9th Sep 2011, 12:47
@ RZ47 http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/jimquisition/3857-BOYCOTT

Hitman is funny? the funniest thing I've ever found about hitman is the ragdoll physics of old. Or posibly how the writing suggests a target is paranoid about someone suspicious, and them talking to hitman himself with this detail. Hitman is essentially mute during missions for the most part.

Hitman is a contract killer I don't tend to see the 'dark' side of things because while his former employers try to rob him of that little bit of humanity he has shown in the early games, it is that conflicting desire for peace he seeks inbetween hits that makes Hitman so likeable. you want comedy watch lee evans or gabriel inglesias. the most I've ever seen is irony.

RZ47
10th Sep 2011, 11:39
Nicely put Nogarda,

WE WANT DAVID BATESON AND JESPER KYD!!!

10th Sep 2011, 21:36
Hitman is funny? the funniest thing I've ever found about hitman is the ragdoll physics of old. Or posibly how the writing suggests a target is paranoid about someone suspicious, and them talking to hitman himself with this detail. Hitman is essentially mute during missions for the most part.

Hitman is a contract killer I don't tend to see the 'dark' side of things because while his former employers try to rob him of that little bit of humanity he has shown in the early games, it is that conflicting desire for peace he seeks inbetween hits that makes Hitman so likeable. you want comedy watch lee evans or gabriel inglesias. the most I've ever seen is irony.

No Hitman isn't funny and Hitman:Blood money isn't either. When I say Hitman's "Dark comedy style" Im not talking about 47 being funny but the game as a whole is trying to be when it isn't suposed to be.
It's kind of like GTA with all its crazy characters and thats one of the reasons why I liked Hitman, because it wasn't doing all that dumb crap other games are doing.
Hitman was very serious until Blood money came out and its just really off beat in a bad way. Examples: The very first level with The Swing King and that Skip module guy on that boat and just laced though out the game in the way they did the voice acting, its really wacky.

So my question was did you like that style that was Blood Money?
because I didn't.

As for 47 being likable in Bloodmoney to me He wasn't and Im not saying that a good or bad thing but in blood money 47 has a bad attitude, Hes kind of cocky and thinks He better than everyone were as on the other games Hes cool.