PDA

View Full Version : petition for the final level to be more challenging

unbeatableDX
8th Sep 2011, 23:43
via a patch/update. cant hurt to ask

just throw some illuminati hired mercs in there that arrive from an aircraft to stop darrows signal. they should replace MOST of the crazies.

sorry for moaning EM but the final level was upsetting in terms of gameplay. the rest of the game was fantastic though.

HA Ha i just killed wayne haas and read his pocket secretary. his wife was moaning at him to go to couples counseling and to NOT be late again.
all these little details are appreciated.

Masqueradev2.0
9th Sep 2011, 03:25
What difficulty were you playing?

I haven't made it to the last level yet, so I'm curious if it is actually that easy that you'd want to up the difficulty even further.

unbeatableDX
9th Sep 2011, 03:59
complete the game. youll see.

Rindill the Red
9th Sep 2011, 03:59
Might as well as petition that the whole game be more challenging.

As it is it's practically press A to win.

unbeatableDX
9th Sep 2011, 04:01
Might as well as petition that the whole game be more challenging.

As it is it's practically press A to win.

play it as a shooter and the game gives you a decent challenge, until the end level of course.

Rindill the Red
9th Sep 2011, 04:13
But Deus Ex was never really about challenging game-play. It really wasn't. It was a role-playing experience first and fore-most. Everything else was a part of that.

unbeatableDX
9th Sep 2011, 07:45
But Deus Ex was never really about challenging game-play. It really wasn't. It was a role-playing experience first and fore-most. Everything else was a part of that.

yeah ur right. but ive always played dx 1 2 & 3 lethal. so i get a deep immersive experience AND a challenging shooter. give it a try with human revolution, its too late for the game to COMPLETELY change now so you might aswell enjoy it to its fullest . fingers crossed for the patch though.

Vozlov
9th Sep 2011, 09:32
I'd agree it was quite an odd change of pace to have literally no one on Panchea have any weapons. I would of thought they'd of added at least one group of people without neural augs and some weapons in the mix. I personally like the idea of having Illuminati hired troops try and stop darrows signal.

I'd also like to of seen guys with guns in the Hyron project chamber instead of the crazies.

unbeatableDX
9th Sep 2011, 09:43
I'd agree it was quite an odd change of pace to have literally no one on Panchea have any weapons. I would of thought they'd of added at least one group of people without neural augs and some weapons in the mix. I personally like the idea of having Illuminati hired troops try and stop darrows signal.

I'd also like to of seen guys with guns in the Hyron project chamber instead of the crazies.

some of them should carry plasma rifles to compensate for the fact that they dont have augs. but they still can have tough armour like swat soldiers.

Jordasm
9th Sep 2011, 09:43
Petition to have the entire last level, boss, and endings changed. Seriously, HR is really great up until Panchaea, then it's just a ******* zombie game. WTF.

unbeatableDX
9th Sep 2011, 09:51
Petition to have the entire last level, boss, and endings changed. Seriously, HR is really great up until Panchaea, then it's just a ******* zombie game. WTF.

although i agree. all that would require alot of work. we will be lucky if we get just soldiers/mercs. so ill keep the demand small. although yes the boss can do with a buff aswell though. soldiers spawn in and you have to destroy 3 force fields/barriers before you can shoot Zhao would be reasonable....wouldnt it?

Krankor
9th Sep 2011, 12:59
I would like more explanation / exposition for why the 'self-destruct' choice is applicable (particularly if you are playing like 'Jesus' and you are knocking everyone out)

Makes no sense to kill everyone and yourself... What about that nice nurse in the Limb Clinic!?! Does she have to die too??

Jordasm
9th Sep 2011, 13:22
I would like more explanation / exposition for why the 'self-destruct' choice is applicable (particularly if you are playing like 'Jesus' and you are knocking everyone out)

Makes no sense to kill everyone and yourself... What about that nice nurse in the Limb Clinic!?! Does she have to die too??

I thought it was retarded that whilst you were at Panchaea, and everyone was going mental, you still had to pay for some ******* praxis points. I WOULD'VE GIVEN THAT **** AWAY FOR FREE

JCpies
9th Sep 2011, 15:35
I thought it was retarded that whilst you were at Panchaea, and everyone was going mental, you still had to pay for some ******* praxis points. I WOULD'VE GIVEN THAT **** AWAY FOR FREE

I would too. :rolleyes:

Maybe there's a system in place which requires credits to unlock.

unbeatableDX
9th Sep 2011, 16:14

no im glad you have to pay, since you have a feeling that all those credits you have are useful. theres not many shops in the game and i always have 30,000 + credits by this point. there should of been a secret shop, halfway through the game, really hard to find. that sells loadsa weapon mods etc

sonicsidewinder
9th Sep 2011, 16:41
Deus Ex felt like a simulation.

HR felt like a game.

ç_ç

unbeatableDX
9th Sep 2011, 17:12
Deus Ex felt like a simulation.

HR felt like a game.

ç_ç

agreed. but this is what they were aiming for remember- "deus ex was kinda slow". Yet i believe this game is slower since there is a fair bit of long unskippable dialogue, and searching for items is slower since there is so much junk around and the hubs are lacking optional content. sigh. and the other quote "deus ex didnt have many memorable moments"
the whole game was a thrilling experience from start to finish (well maybe not liberty island) and it is the best game ever made. the whole game is a memorable moment. damn.

I aint getting my patch now am I?

unbeatableDX
9th Sep 2011, 21:01
i have been playing DX:HR today, and putting my opinions aside about the game lacking what made DX1 so special and just enjoying it for what it is. its a fantastic game, alot of soul put into it, but then at the end it just turns into a mess. i find this situation ironic- they are Dr frankenstien, they killed there own creation. or to quote Hugh Darrow "i prefer to think of myself as Daedalus, watching helplessly as his child crashes into the sea...." hidden underlying message EM? was you forced to rush the end? or did you actually intend for the game to finish the way it does?

well its not too late. with the wonderful technology of today you can finish the game and make it a masterpiece via patches and DLC! please

ishiki
9th Sep 2011, 22:04
I agree there should have been more non zombies in the last level... but it sure was fun using peps to send them flying everywhere. The design was neat and vertical. And the hacking bots were fun and watch them kill the zombie people was neat. But, it should have had better enemies. It was quite anticlimactic.

I thought the last boss battle was the best boss battle... in any deus ex (that's not saying much) because you could find the passcodes. Shoot and hack. etc. though a bit easy.
The endings aren't really very good. I found that to be a point that always bugged me about the original game too. tracer tong's dark age ending was silly.

And I say this with Deus Ex 1 being my favorite game (with another)... and deus ex: HR is not. Though my favorite in a few years.

Agent707
9th Sep 2011, 22:22
I was looking for the last zone/level to be a more complex puzzle type level like DX1. And multiple choice ending meant taking differnt "pathes"...

The "press this button for this ending" or "press that button for that ending" was the LAMEST thing I had ever seen....

And the zombie attacks on the last level. SHESHHHHHHHH!!!!! 100% Failsauce.

The game doesn't need to be "harder", it needs to be a bit more "interesting"....

unbeatableDX
9th Sep 2011, 22:29
when i first arrived at panchaea it was all silent, atmosphere was great, it was on fire.....
i was thinking. TRANSGENICS ESCAPED FROM THE LABS! even though i had just watched the cutscene where darrow activated the signal, id never have thought those zombies would be the final challenge.

ishiki
9th Sep 2011, 22:37
when i first arrived at panchaea it was was all silent, atmosphere was great, it was on fire.....
i was thinking. TRANSGENICS ESCAPED FROM THE LABS! even though i had just watched the cutscene where darrow activated the signal, id never have thought those zombies would be the final challenge.

I agree, it also was kind of neat because that atmosphere was good. And the palette was different than basically most anything in any deus ex. And anticlimactically you fight zombies. Which is logical (given the part of the story).
In DX 1 there's grey's and other critters. but they can shoot you (besides on of the critters I can't remember their name). Plus they still have humans.

But there are also many other logical things they could put in there like you said to have better enemies in panchea

unbeatableDX
10th Sep 2011, 05:32
I was looking for the last zone/level to be a more complex puzzle type level like DX1. And multiple choice ending meant taking differnt "pathes"...

The "press this button for this ending" or "press that button for that ending" was the LAMEST thing I had ever seen....

And the zombie attacks on the last level. SHESHHHHHHHH!!!!! 100% Failsauce.

The game doesn't need to be "harder", it needs to be a bit more "interesting"....

JJB- "all those elements mixed together is like a sauce, 100% FAILSAUCE"

they were clearly rushed

Dead-Eye
10th Sep 2011, 05:54
I'm fairly sure EM has gotten the message. The ball is now in their park as to what to do about it. My guess is they will release some type of DLC for free that augments the ending at the same time they will probably release a new episode DLC that fallows up after the ending. Just be patient until we see what they do.

unbeatableDX
10th Sep 2011, 06:33
Just be patient until we see what they do.

Never! i will nag and moan until this game is PERFECTED! it has deus ex in the title, they cant just move on and make a sequal or whatever. if it was any other game i wouldnt give a ***** im only on the net for this game really, otherwise i just use it for reviews and research/education

Jordasm
10th Sep 2011, 06:47
After seeing all complaints for this game, I think they'll just try and improve their future games. Go back to the drawing board and see what people liked in HR, and didn't like.
It's unlikely they'll change anything in Panchaea now. I mean how many dev companies have changed an entire level in a patch?

unbeatableDX
11th Sep 2011, 00:46
After seeing all complaints for this game, I think they'll just try and improve their future games. Go back to the drawing board and see what people liked in HR, and didn't like.
It's unlikely they'll change anything in Panchaea now. I mean how many dev companies have changed an entire level in a patch?

its only removing some zombies, adding dialogue (pritchard contacting you saying mercs have arrived) then setting the patrol routes of 2 or so squads of guards? oh and giving em plasma rifles. they can be heavily armoured belltower so no need to change the skins

EricaLeeV
11th Sep 2011, 01:03

This is pretty much my stance on this as well.

Demanufacturer
11th Sep 2011, 03:14

Agree. With someone that had chosen their aug's to be a good shooter, reducing recoil/reflexes.. in panchea, the most useful aug is the typhoon to deal with the large amount of the bastards..

Plus you don't get xp for killing them..

So, yeah.. felt kind of pointless at that stage..

You could say that the shooting aug's didnt go to waste since you could just shoot the zombies.. but then it just turned into a matter of volume / lack of ammo.. then again, rationing your ammo isnt exactly new in deus ex

unbeatableDX
11th Sep 2011, 05:10
felt kind of pointless at that stage..

i will never play the final level again. first time i played through unaware, second time i ran through with much frustration that my journey was now pointless. 3rd time? i will quit after namir if i make it that far

Jordasm
11th Sep 2011, 07:32
Agree. With someone that had chosen their aug's to be a good shooter, reducing recoil/reflexes.. in panchea, the most useful aug is the typhoon to deal with the large amount of the bastards..

Plus you don't get xp for killing them..

So, yeah.. felt kind of pointless at that stage..

You could say that the shooting aug's didnt go to waste since you could just shoot the zombies.. but then it just turned into a matter of volume / lack of ammo.. then again, rationing your ammo isnt exactly new in deus ex

I'm always fairly reluctant to go through Panchaea now tbh. I seriously think it's one of the worst final levels I've ever seen in a game. So anticlimactic. The "Zombies" aren't hard, they're just really ******* annoying. I like to think Adam fought Namir and found Megan, who he then killed for some reason. Then the game ends.

bucyrus5000
11th Sep 2011, 07:35
we need higher difficulty settings and way harder boss fights. The final was so easy that you only need to find a bit of cover (if at all) to deal with turrets, then it is like you have no challenge what so ever.

unbeatableDX
11th Sep 2011, 10:04
anyone notice the heavy brutes use typhoon? most people probably wont notice- stealth players wont even be spotted and shooters will gun em down before they get close. i only noticed because i decided to charge a brute with my shotty. usually i just keep my distance from the big guys with my pistol, snipe or combat rifle/heavy rifle.

Jordasm
11th Sep 2011, 11:16
Regardless of the final level sucking, I will say, if they had to keep anything, keep the post credits scene.
"Please....call me Bob."
The nostalgia that hit me was amazing

unbeatableDX
11th Sep 2011, 11:22
Regardless of the final level sucking, I will say, if they had to keep anything, keep the post credits scene.
"Please....call me Bob."
The nostalgia that hit me was amazing

it aint gonna happen is it. panchaea is what it is. FFS it really ruins the experience. :mad2: i really dont understand how this could happen. its like the last portion of the game was developed by a completely different team. ****

JCpies
11th Sep 2011, 11:44
its only removing some zombies, adding dialogue (pritchard contacting you saying mercs have arrived) then setting the patrol routes of 2 or so squads of guards? oh and giving em plasma rifles. they can be heavily armoured belltower so no need to change the skins

You don't realise the amount of work that would go into this. I think you just have to get over it.

unbeatableDX
11th Sep 2011, 11:48
You don't realise the amount of work that would go into this. .

enlighten me

Jordasm
11th Sep 2011, 11:56
enlighten me

In all fairness, even though I think Panchaea is terrible and I'd love it to be altered, it's very unlikely. It'd take alot of time and money to re do it. Eidos Montreal have stated many times that it takes ages to add anything new to the game, hell, it's why ATM's weren't in Human Revolution. Adding new guards to a level, and bringing back in the voice actors to do some new dialogue would cost them.

unbeatableDX
11th Sep 2011, 13:00
well i might aswell delete this thread and have sex, food, a cigarette and play dead island(co-op with my gf). life is good. still have dx1 after all.....

JCpies
11th Sep 2011, 13:48
well i might aswell delete this thread and have sex, food, a cigarette and play dead island(co-op with my gf). life is good. still have dx1 after all.....

You substituted all of that for a video game? Quickly, go and eat before you starve!

unbeatableDX
11th Sep 2011, 13:58
LOL