PDA

View Full Version : Next DX episode ?

guillaume.oudin
6th Sep 2011, 21:57
Deus Ex : Human Revolution was a great game. A true Deus Ex made by passionate people that poured their heart in it.

Now, several things strongly advocate for a next DX episode, and not in 2022 that is:

-The DX universe is dense. The DXHR enriched it and its scenario is only exploring a small part of it.
-The ties between DXHR and DX are really loose
-Between 2027 and 2052 (time at which DX starts), there is plenty of time for the devs to settle an episode
-If the game sells well (confirmed by the 1st figures (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-08-30-deus-ex-dethrones-zumba-fitness)), DX will be a franchise that is : popular, critically acclaimed and financially viable.

Bonus:
-Soon augmentation technology will spread thanks to Hugh Darrow and Eidos Montréal will hire augmented developers that will deliver the next episode in 6 months.

I personally think that it is very likely we will see a new DX episode in the upcoming years and I am very happy about it. So, what do you guys think ? Will the next episode take place before DXHR, between DXHR and DX, between DX and DX2 ? What paths of the Deus Ex world should be explored ?

-G

Bawtzki
7th Sep 2011, 09:52
I'd really like to see another game with Adam, the character has really grown on me.

ocstew
7th Sep 2011, 10:09
I'd really like to see another game with Adam, the character has really grown on me.

Same here, I feel that this vision of the DX universe is perfect for expansion

guillaume.oudin
7th Sep 2011, 10:19
I agree with you guys, I like the character and too much stones have been left unturned in DXHR...I just want to know what happens to Megan, Malik, Sarif, Pritchard and the others.

unbeatableDX
7th Sep 2011, 10:31
yeah i like adam too. JC still my fave but adam is badass. if they make another DX game i hope they are more true to the original though....

guillaume.oudin
7th Sep 2011, 12:53
Well, good news : this makes it a no-brainer, DXHR2 will happen (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-08-30-deus-ex-dethrones-zumba-fitness)

If they manage to pace the story, properly develop chars, really acknowledge our choices, and rise the difficulty on the "Gimme DX mode"...they could very well pull out the better DX experience we will ever have.

JulianP
7th Sep 2011, 15:55
Bonus:
-Soon augmentation technology will spread thanks to Hugh Darrow and Eidos Montréal will hire augmented developers that will deliver the next episode in 6 months.

Within the week.

guillaume.oudin
7th Sep 2011, 19:04
Within the week.

They need to hire hackers like the one we see in the Icarus Effect when Anna Kelso wants to know who killed her partner. They guy with the crazy hands augmentation...with a few guys like this, the next DX will be out within the month :nut: