PDA

View Full Version : Custom Controls for Disabled Gamer

Ensomnea
5th Sep 2011, 15:27
I’m a disabled gamer, and I am having some key binding issues with Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY on the PC. I am mobility impaired, and I'm unable to hold down more than two buttons. One is the X. key on the keyboard and the other is the right or left mouse button. The X. key is typically my walk forward button and I am using the default left and right mouse buttons. I am using Dragon NaturallySpeaking to press the other keys that are needed for the game with custom voice commands.

My issue with Batman is that I am unable to hold down the Cape Glide button. I have been trying to figure out how to make a toggle command with the UserInput.ini and the BmInput.ini files.

In the past, I have had no issues modifying the key bindings for the unreal engine games. Batman, on the other hand, is giving me issues. Does anyone have more information on the arguments of the :META: command segments at the end of every key binding? For example, the space bar is bound with the following line in the UserInput.ini:

Bindings=(Name="SpaceBar",Command="ContextSensitive | Run | CapeGlide | AcceptConversation | Evade | CancelBatarangCamera", Shift=false, Control=false, Alt=false, bIgnoreShift=false, bIgnoreCtrl=false, bIgnoreAlt=false):META:COM_RUN_GLIDE_USE,0,-1,-1,"bRunButton",false,false,CI_RunGlide,CI_Interact

My other option would be to change the key binding for the right mouse button in game whenever I needed to use the Cape Glide. Does anyone know how to add the META:COM_RUN_GLIDE_USE segment in a “setbind” command? For example:

Bindings=(Name="SpecialInteract",Command="ContextSensitive | Run | CapeGlide | AcceptConversation | Evade | CancelBatarangCamera", Shift=false, Control=false, Alt=false, bIgnoreShift=false, bIgnoreCtrl=false, bIgnoreAlt=false):META:COM_RUN_GLIDE_USE,0,-1,-1,"bRunButton",false,false,CI_RunGlide,CI_Interact
Bindings=(Name=”O”,Command=”setbind RightMouseButton SpecialInteract”)

In a typical unreal engine game, the second Bindings line will allow me to push the O. key to change my right mouse key binding. In Batman, it would change the binding. The command will not work though because it is missing the :META:COM_RUN_GLIDE_USE. Is it possible to add that to the “setbind” command, or is there a special Rocksteady command to switch key bindings while in game?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.