PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to see your weapon's mods??

Nastro
5th Sep 2011, 00:17
I have modded my weapons and over time (a day), I have forgotten which weapons have which mods. I go to "examine" my weapons and it's hard to say what mods they have. Am I missing something here or is anyone else having trouble with this?

PC version...

P4NCH0theD0G
5th Sep 2011, 01:46
Can only speak for 360:

Go to Examine. On the right side you can scroll down the description, and after the weapon description should come the descriptions of one half of the installed mods (Silencer, Laser Sight, Targeting etc.).

The other mods (Damage, Rate of Fire, Reload etc.) you should be able to see on the right side, on the indicator bars of the different weapon aspects. The installed upgrades should have a slightly different color.

Quillan
5th Sep 2011, 06:02
Open your inventory, click on the weapon in question, and then select the EXAMINE line from the menu that pops up. It'll open a new panel with 4 windows. The upper left window shows 3 named mods: laser sight at the top, silencer in the middle, and the weapon's special mod at the bottom. Any that have not been applied will be dark, while any already installed are bright. The lower left window shows ratings for damage, ammo capacity, reload speed and rate of fire. Base values are in bright yellow. Values that can be reached by mods are shown in green, at least on my monitor. They're dark green before the mod is applied, and bright yellow/green after the mod is applied. Top center is just a picture of the weapon. The right hand window is a description that includes a bunch of flavor text, but if you scroll down it'll list all the special mods that have been applied as well as telling you something about them.

Locutus of BORG
5th Sep 2011, 13:57
Same on the PC. Just examine your guns.

Generic upgrades will be shown on the weapon's stats chart.

Restricted/special upgrades should be indicated in pics beside the weapon pic. Also, the text description will also detail what special mods have been applied.

imported_BoB_
5th Sep 2011, 14:39
And besides, if you take a weapon already modded that you let in your apartment for example, it takes the modifications already applied to it to your current gun.
It doesn't overwrite it like in the first game.

Nastro
6th Sep 2011, 00:54
Cool, thanks.

Agent707
6th Sep 2011, 18:11
Generic upgrades will be shown on the weapon's stats chart.

The problem though, is generic stats have only 3 color codes.

Yellow (applied)
Dark Green (upgradable)
Dark Grey (not upgradable)

So - when you apply an upgrade - say, +damage mod, it colors one of the dark green blocks in as yellow - the same color as the base values.

You don't know how many +damage upgrades you've applied....

IMO - there should be 4 colors.

Yellow (stock values)
Orange (upgraded values)
Green (upgradable)
Grey (not upgradable)

Then, when you viewed the details, you would clearly see (how many orange) upgrades you have done.

unbeatableDX
7th Sep 2011, 02:56
The problem though, is generic stats have only 3 color codes.

Yellow (applied)
Dark Green (upgradable)
Dark Grey (not upgradable)

So - when you apply an upgrade - say, +damage mod, it colors one of the dark green blocks in as yellow - the same color as the base values.

You don't know how many +damage upgrades you've applied....

IMO - there should be 4 colors.

Yellow (stock values)
Orange (upgraded values)
Green (upgradable)
Grey (not upgradable)

Then, when you viewed the details, you would clearly see (how many orange) upgrades you have done.

dont know what platform your playing on but im on 360 and it tells you how many you have applied by a slightly different shade of colour. look closer.