PDA

View Full Version : Cloak and daggers, mdb glitch cheat?

Orion7486
4th Sep 2011, 22:03
Hi all, I've got that problem with the one banger not appearing. It isn't the one where the one in the hallway spawns behind the wall. It's the one where he spawns far away past the water tower outside the bldg. I've tried the things listed in the wiki: visit apartment/limb, shoot at the indicator, shooting the water tower itself. I don't know if this will be patched soon, but I don't have much left to do in Detriot right now, so I would really like to get this quest done with. Any known cheats to get past this one glitch?
Thanks for any replies.

mp01juve
4th Sep 2011, 23:50
I had the same problem. i did go back to the apartment and came back banger hideout. it said the target was above me 10m now. so i saved hear and quickloaded. the final gangmember now spawned in the kitchen

xDerivative
4th Sep 2011, 23:56
The Eidos moderators have addressed this issue with the following statement:

Don't be surprised if this isn't immediately adressed. It is a troubling problem but appears to be idiosyncratic and, relative to some of the other issues currently being resolved, it is a very small one. Hopefully it will be covered in the next patch, but I can't tell you either way.

There's not much you can do about this one I'm afraid other than what people have already suggested. You can try looking at the video I posted, but I can't guarantee anything. Sorry that this happened to you too.

LfYUtNKsHBo

Orion7486
5th Sep 2011, 01:35
Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately, I've gone back and forth to the apartment several times and he never respawns where I can get him. And the glitch from the video is only if the one that spawns in the hallway spawns behind the wall.
I'll have to see if one of my earlier saves are from the beginning of the Detroit area. I've spent to many hours already on this part to go back to it right now.

Orion7486
7th Sep 2011, 14:38
I restarted my game and they all spawned where they should. In my first game, I had explored and 'visited' that apartment before I got this mission. In this restart, I avoided them and when I got the mission, they all spawned properly. Perhaps that is what screwed up the spawning.

P4NCH0theD0G
9th Sep 2011, 19:48
Same problem here, ruined my game, had to restart.

My guy was 119 m away from the fire escape of the MDB(gang) building, somewhere in the air off to the right side of the water tower. My targeting dot never turned red when aiming near the objective marker, and I tried shooting at it with the Tranq Rifle and the Sniper Rifle.

Tried reloading, Apartment Load and all the others, to no avail.

Funny thing is, if you move away into a different part of town, where it does that mini-loading that results in a very short stutter in the game, like you move through that little tunnel from the gang building towards your apartment, after you exit the tunnel and go up a few steps. After the little loading stutter his objective indicator vanishes and moves to the entrance of the gang apartment. If you go down the steps again, after the loading stutter his objective indicator first seems to spawn in the apartment, then after a second, it moves to the unreachable position in the air again.

So I tried to put frag mines into the apartment, then RED and tried detonating them when his objective indicator was in the apartment, but nothing worked.

Really pissed right now...

cwiyk
15th Sep 2011, 14:20
Funny thing is, if you move away into a different part of town, where it does that mini-loading that results in a very short stutter in the game, like you move through that little tunnel from the gang building towards your apartment, after you exit the tunnel and go up a few steps. After the little loading stutter his objective indicator vanishes and moves to the entrance of the gang apartment. If you go down the steps again, after the loading stutter his objective indicator first seems to spawn in the apartment, then after a second, it moves to the unreachable position in the air again.

This is -exactly- what happened to me last night. I couldn't figure out any solution before I had to go to bed for the night.

cwiyk
17th Sep 2011, 02:57
Since I'll probably have to reload to an earlier save game or simply restart, I'd like to avoid any potential problems like this in the future. Does anyone know of any other bugs like this and how to avoid them?

Viacom
17th Sep 2011, 03:08
If the banger is in the sky use a sniper rifle or rocket launcher to kill him. Turning on your objective locator is a must, there is only one other bug I have experienced during quests but you will be able to search for a solution later on in the game.