PDA

View Full Version : The Namir Controversy [Spoilers]

JCpies
4th Sep 2011, 15:48
There has been much speculation of Jaron Namir engaging in sexual relations with Adam Jensen's ex-girlfriend Megan Reed. Now, it is widely believed that Namir does indeed have no remaining genitalia due to heavy augmentation across his entire body, prompting some to believe that it means he could not have had any physical relationship with Dr.Reed. However, as shown by Source.A, he is still able to practice a form of sex known as "dry humping" by many.

Source A.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/315539_146514722105504_100002409315299_246863_6955076_n.jpg

Of course this is all just speculation, although Namir and Reed may have literally only slept together, due to the formation of the pillows on Ms.Reed's bed. The formation of the pillows implies that more than one persons may have been sleeping in said bed and also suggests alot of movement.

Krios
4th Sep 2011, 17:03
:D

Too bad I did not find any surveillance tapes of Megan's Bedroom.

DurandelDG
4th Sep 2011, 17:06
All I'm saying: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byDiILrNbM4

EricaLeeV
4th Sep 2011, 17:10
We all know what Megan used that 'crash' dummy for...

Tea parties... :D

Either way I'm mad at Megan for either being so thoughtless (in terms of Adam's emotions) or just plain gullible and dumb.

JCpies
4th Sep 2011, 17:11
All I'm saying: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byDiILrNbM4

That's an amazing song.

JCpies
4th Sep 2011, 17:15
We all know what Megan used that 'crash' dummy for...

Tea parties... :D

She must have poisoned it, the dummy is identified as being dead. xD

Either way I'm mad at Megan for either being so thoughtless (in terms of Adam's emotions) or just plain gullible and dumb.

I expect she thought that Adam was dead, I mean, his stomach was torn open, there was glass jammed into his flesh and he was shot in the head. I guess she just had to bury her feelings and move on.

DurandelDG
4th Sep 2011, 17:16
That's an amazing song.

It was the first thing that popped into my head when I read that other thread.

In the future, when tech like this does roll out, you really think the hedonics industry won't find a way to join in? And now I'm thinking of the in-game romance novel, Hearts of Steel or whatever.

EricaLeeV
4th Sep 2011, 17:30
I expect she thought that Adam was dead, I mean, his stomach was torn open, there was glass jammed into his flesh and he was shot in the head. I guess she just had to bury her feelings and move on.

Yeah I guess so. That just makes her gullible as can be though.

"Darrow and friends had you killed and kept me and my science buddies imprisoned for six months. Don't worry though he's not going to let anything else bad happen! I totally trust him now."

D:

DurandelDG
4th Sep 2011, 17:48
Stockholm syndrome, perhaps? It's incredibly selfish and callous to shack up with the guy who nearly killed your ex whom you were trying to get back. Also, she threw a gas barrel at Jamir to stop him from choking Adam to death. To finish it off, Jamir then knocked Megan out with a b*slap. I know certain members of the seduction arts mention women like violence and power on a animal level, but uh, that isn't an excuse. Megan can rationalize all she wants but she shows how shallow and self-focused she is with her actions and words. Megan, while attractive, lacks relationship and social skills. Adam broke up with her because of this. Guess Adam will have to look elsewhere.

Speaking of Jamir's uh, condition down there, I guess we have no idea if Adam is the same way. I don't know if David would be that cruel or not.

EricaLeeV
4th Sep 2011, 17:54
Stockholm syndrome, perhaps? It's incredibly selfish and callous to shack up with the guy who nearly killed your ex whom you were trying to get back. Also, she threw a gas barrel at Jamir to stop him from choking Adam to death. To finish it off, Jamir then knocked Megan out with a b*slap. I know certain members of the seduction arts mention women like violence and power on a animal level, but uh, that isn't an excuse. Megan can rationalize all she wants but she shows how shallow and self-focused she is with her actions and words. Megan, while attractive, lacks relationship and social skills. Adam broke up with her because of this. Guess Adam will have to look elsewhere.

Speaking of Jamir's uh, condition down there, I guess we have no idea if Adam is the same way. I don't know if David would be that cruel or not.

Yeah, from what I gather her Mother said about Megan in emails, I'm pretty sure she lacks proper social skills. Or maybe just common sense.

If the LIMB files on Adam are to be believed, no, Adam does not have augmented junk. The only things that were augmented were many of his internal organs located in his torso, his eyes, arms, and legs (up to about mid-thigh).

MoreDread
4th Sep 2011, 17:55
"bob promised me that" =P

JCpies
4th Sep 2011, 18:00
I have a question, has anyone kept the bracelet from the quest in Detroit that Megan's mother gives you?

Is there anything you can do with the bracelet like give it to Megan? Well, I just realised she was in a cutscene.. but still. I wonder.

EricaLeeV
4th Sep 2011, 18:06
I can see it now...

Megan: "Oh my God Adam it's you! ...And you are wearing my bracelet? Did you want to give it back to me?"

Adam: "Hell no, this thing matches my eyes. D:< You lost it; finders keepers."

Jordasm
4th Sep 2011, 18:09
I have a question, has anyone kept the bracelet from the quest in Detroit that Megan's mother gives you?

Is there anything you can do with the bracelet like give it to Megan? Well, I just realised she was in a cutscene.. but still. I wonder.

I was annoyed that you couldn't give it back to Megan...

just_dont_do_it
4th Sep 2011, 18:10
"Darrow and friends had you killed and kept me and my science buddies imprisoned for six months. Don't worry though he's not going to let anything else bad happen! I totally trust him now."
It's worse.

"Oh yes, I made them a kill switch for augs and they installed it into almost every single augmented human across the world. But it's ok, because Darrow promised me he'll use it for good!"

EricaLeeV
4th Sep 2011, 18:11
It's worse.

"Oh yes, I made them a kill switch for augs and they installed it into almost every single augmented human across the world. But it's ok, because Darrow promised me he'll use it for good!"

Yeah, I know it's worse. I was just trying to avoid too many spoilers I guess. ;)

JCpies
4th Sep 2011, 18:17
Well you know these scientist types, always too involved in their research.

MonkeyLungs
4th Sep 2011, 18:20
She (Megan Reed) is my most hated character in Human Revolution.

sadmachine
4th Sep 2011, 18:23

I held onto it and all it gets you is a trophy/achievement. Adam and Megan's "reunion" had me wishing I could've punted it at her dumb face.

DurandelDG
4th Sep 2011, 19:02
Yeah, from what I gather her Mother said about Megan in emails, I'm pretty sure she lacks proper social skills. Or maybe just common sense.

If the LIMB files on Adam are to be believed, no, Adam does not have augmented junk. The only things that were augmented were many of his internal organs located in his torso, his eyes, arms, and legs (up to about mid-thigh).

spoilers
That email mentioned that David elected to have Adam's right arm and legs replaced even though there was nothing wrong with them. That's why I said it's not clear if anything else had to go in order to install those legs.

EricaLeeV
4th Sep 2011, 20:50
spoilers
That email mentioned that David elected to have Adam's right arm and legs replaced even though there was nothing wrong with them. That's why I said it's not clear if anything else had to go in order to install those legs.

If the comic is to be considered canon (supposedly it is though I choose to retcon it's story myself...) then AJ's augmentations on his legs go just above his knees. I don't think they would have to get rid of anything else for that.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b45/erica_lee/dxhrajref.png

I wish they would have some sort of in-game cutscene to show what his legs really look like. I'm curious, I've seen NPCs have everything from augmented heels, to bird-looking feet, to what look like shoes...I'm dying to know. :p

JCpies
4th Sep 2011, 20:58
The comic confuses me... I saw an image where his lower torso was replaced, I'm sure.

EricaLeeV
4th Sep 2011, 21:09
That was done by a different artist (who I don't think was given the proper concept art because he consistently took 'artistic liberties' like that)...that part was also considered a messed up dream sequence thing.

MightySavagE
4th Sep 2011, 21:09
the leg implants confused me, as in the beginning cutscene both his legs are perfectly intact and no one is doinf nothing on them... But maybe they got to them later ;)

Rhyx
5th Sep 2011, 03:50
Maybe Namir just has cyber-junk and that vent we see in his nethers is actually the "missile bay door".

Mr. Moviephone "Worried you'll lose your girl because of your lower body augmentation, get the Cyber Stud genital augment! You will stay up all night. She'll beg for more and then beg you to stop, that's the Cyber Stud promise! Available in Black Beauty, White Knight and Palomino color schemes (Vibration mode standard, genetic material expulsion device is a 500 credit surplus + extra cloning fees)"

No wonder the Humanity Front hates augs so much: "Once you go cog you never go back."

DurandelDG
5th Sep 2011, 04:02
If the comic is to be considered canon (supposedly it is though I choose to retcon it's story myself...) then AJ's augmentations on his legs go just above his knees. I don't think they would have to get rid of anything else for that.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b45/erica_lee/dxhrajref.png

I wish they would have some sort of in-game cutscene to show what his legs really look like. I'm curious, I've seen NPCs have everything from augmented heels, to bird-looking feet, to what look like shoes...I'm dying to know. :p

Thanks Erica, posting that made me re-watch the cinematic trailer.

In his Icarus dream, only his arms are dissected, turn into wings, and then burn. Legs are intact. Chilling with a smoke, we see can just see some leg augmentation but up to his knee. Shorts blog the rest. While on the operating table, his fleshy feet are still there, so no operating yet on his legs.

Actually, without the the augmentation menu in the game and some in-game emails, we'd have no idea his legs were removed.

Clearly, Eidos needs to weigh in on this very very very important matter. :)

JCpies
5th Sep 2011, 06:55
That was done by a different artist (who I don't think was given the proper concept art because he consistently took 'artistic liberties' like that)...that part was also considered a messed up dream sequence thing.

lol, okay.

Maybe Namir just has cyber-junk and that vent we see in his nethers is actually the "missile bay door".

Mr. Moviephone "Worried you'll lose your girl because of your lower body augmentation, get the Cyber Stud genital augment! You will stay up all night. She'll beg for more and then beg you to stop, that's the Cyber Stud promise! Available in Black Beauty, White Knight and Palomino color schemes (Vibration mode standard, genetic material expulsion device is a 500 credit surplus + extra cloning fees)"

No wonder the Humanity Front hates augs so much: "Once you go cog you never go back."

Rofl, Black Beauty & White Knight colour schemes. xD

rubiomhs
5th Sep 2011, 06:58
can he have sex?

if not, what happens when he is sexually aroused? the impulses that would normally cause an erection will instead be directed towards...?

also, can they make a bodysuit like his that looks more realistic(with a convincing skin cover and accurate feet), and features a realistic looking *? the purpose of this will be that he can still sexually pleasure a spouse or girlfriend, and the chip responsible for overseeing sexual operations inside the suit will send signals to his brain that simulates the feeling of achieving orgasm.

JCpies
5th Sep 2011, 07:15
Maybe they got rid of his ***** so that he wouldn't be distracted by other women and let things slip.

As for his muscle like appearence, I guess it looks menacing. And his feet, well it seems to me that makin individual toes would be a waste of time/effort when they can make a better foot with two large toes.

DurandelDG
5th Sep 2011, 16:01
Maybe they got rid of his ***** so that he wouldn't be distracted by other women and let things slip.

As for his muscle like appearence, I guess it looks menacing. And his feet, well it seems to me that makin individual toes would be a waste of time/effort when they can make a better foot with two large toes.

Eh, I chalk it to artistic choices because if they were going for realistic sci-fi, artificial prostheses would look as close to the real flesh and blood as possible. Even for military it makes no sense to broadcast that you are augmented, as surprise and uncertainty are tactically better positions to take than "let me show you what I got."

Actually, the toe choice is weird. There is a major advantage to having five toes in terms of stability. Two prongs would be a weaker footing. Bizarre art choice again...perhaps to give severe augmentation a non-human look? I mean Fed's legs are ridiculous too.

Back to Adam's legs, based on the fact that you can augment his jump height and running speed, the muscles used to run are the "lower train" i.e. calf muscles, hamstrings, quads, glutes, and the erectors (lower back muscles). So while we have no idea if Adam lost his tackle, I'm pretty sure he literally has buns of steel, err, ballistic plastic.

JCpies
5th Sep 2011, 16:06
Eh, I chalk it to artistic choices because if they were going for realistic sci-fi, artificial prostheses would look as close to the real flesh and blood as possible. Even for military it makes no sense to broadcast that you are augmented, as surprise and uncertainty are tactically better positions to take than "let me show you what I got."

Are you talking about his *****, or muscles?

Brian175
5th Sep 2011, 17:12

Pretty sure he means every character in general. Looking like a tank like Barrett would be counter-productive, especially to a special operations unit, some that depend on blending in with the locale. Broadcasting 'military-grade' augments is stupid. Plus who the **** would want arms like that. Having a machinegun built into your arm is only cool if it's non-obtrusive.

Neveos
5th Sep 2011, 18:08
Guys, you think people would replace entire limbs with limbs that would leave them completely numb? Such that you could not feel the warmth of the person you held? No, those limbs are wired to retain/repair your tactile sensation, and I'm sure that an augmented lower torso would utilize some sort of retractable artificial sex organ.

DurandelDG
5th Sep 2011, 18:16

His muscles, smartalick :)

DurandelDG
5th Sep 2011, 18:40
Guys, you think people would replace entire limbs with limbs that would leave them completely numb? Such that you could not feel the warmth of the person you held? No, those limbs are wired to retain/repair your tactile sensation, and I'm sure that an augmented lower torso would utilize some sort of retractable artificial sex organ.

Yeah, for people to really adopt this kind of augmentation it will have to be human, but "better." Looking like the creepy Svedka female robot is not the average person's ideal. Present prostheses try to recapture the essence of being human, future ones will try to surpass it not differentiate from it. We wouldn't know how to relate to something completely divorced from the human condition.

I agree with you Neveos. Being able to to relate in a physical and sexual way is important to too many people that it is hard to believe that "eunuch" would be the default setting for augmentation.

I've just been having fun with Erica and pointing out that we really don't know how far Adam's augmentations go (I think he's over 50% synthetic, going through what we do know). It was also a very James Bond-ish choice to make Jamir's default augmentations visually look like something from the Bodies Exhibit. What was that convo like?

Jamir: Jensen's on his way
Zhao: We should ambush him.
Jamir: Excellent. But where?
Random Guard: A large room without any cover?
Zhao: Lame!
Jamir: The Bodies Exhibit?
Zhao: Perfect!
Jamir: Good thing when I was augmented I told them I wanted to visually look like a Chinese cadaver from that very exact, same exhibit.
Zhao: Yes, it's an amazing coincidence. Serendipitous even. Should I also prep the shark tank?
Jamir: Yes, the laser sharks are ready.

But alas, the laser sharks were cut along with the full Montreal Hub.

hogpog8290
6th Sep 2011, 05:07
Hey all, new to the forums. I just finished this wonderful game and what really left me scratching my head is how close were Megan and Namir.

I was really looking forward to the reunion between Megan and Adam, I crap you not I was ready to shed a tear but when Megan said "Is that you Jaron?" the way she did when Adam walked >:0. Seriously, was Megan that lonely or is she that submissive, Jaron pratically acted like her pimp giving her a backhand and using her for research and whatever else.

I don't know, maybe I am looking too much into it, I hope Eidos plans on clearing up this controversy in the sequel or even a DLC.

Krios
6th Sep 2011, 07:14
I think many people are too harsh on Megan. I was angry with her at first because of her cold behaviour, but after searching for evidence of her betrayal in the forum and in the game I only found proofs of her innocence. She was no conspirator and she wasn't evil otherwise. Everything else is just speculation.

Namir could have simply threaten Megan to kill her team if she won't cooperate with them. So her sweet demeanor was just a way to calm Namir down and to avoid punishment (Megan has a degree in psychology, maybe that helped her to deal with the situation). Megan also had to fight to maintain email contact with her team.

Don't forget they put her in solitary confinement for 6 months. They apparently played evil mind games with her in this creepy white room.

I also have never seen Megan showing dismay about the death of Namir, she could anticipate it after seeing Adam.

likta
6th Sep 2011, 08:42
Wow, I had no clue that Megan and Namir might be close or in a romantic relationship. I have the german version, when Jensen enters the room she uses the formal "Sie" (like "Mr. President, may I speak to you for a minute?") instead of "Du" (like "Hey Paul, would you just come over here?"). Her voice even does not sound like she is happy to see Namir. I wonder if the german translation sucks or the englisch translation, i assume the story is written in french.

deusexhr
6th Sep 2011, 08:57
You must all be really bad boyfriends (if any of you PC gamers have ever had a girlfriend that is). Namir could use his tongue, licky licky.

JCpies
6th Sep 2011, 15:08
You must all be really bad boyfriends (if any of you PC gamers have ever had a girlfriend that is). Namir could use his tongue, licky licky.

My tongue is augmented.

We also have a new update, someone suggested that it may have been Hugh Darrow sleeping with Megan. It's not a pretty image (haha, I made you think about it!) but it's all possible.

Snowranger19
7th Sep 2011, 01:57
I guess I am the only one that thought Jaron was hot?

Locutus of BORG
7th Sep 2011, 14:39
can he have sex?

if not, what happens when he is sexually aroused? the impulses that would normally cause an erection will instead be directed towards...?

The impulses go to his phantom "limb". In other words, nowhere. Hot chicks make Jaron sad.

But in reality, we learn in Icarus Effect that he's married with kids. Weird, that.

JCpies
7th Sep 2011, 15:01
I guess I am the only one that thought Jaron was hot?

I have many similarities to Jaron Namir, including the fact that I have no visible genitalia.

Call me.

deviataz
7th Sep 2011, 20:15
Wow, I had no clue that Megan and Namir might be close or in a romantic relationship. I have the german version, when Jensen enters the room she uses the formal "Sie" (like "Mr. President, may I speak to you for a minute?") instead of "Du" (like "Hey Paul, would you just come over here?"). Her voice even does not sound like she is happy to see Namir. I wonder if the german translation sucks or the englisch translation, i assume the story is written in french.

Yeah, I wonder about that as well. There was a similar incident in The Witcher 2, where a localized version had a much more different tone than the English one. The Witcher 2's story was originally Polish and I assume Deus Ex's story was written in French.

Perhaps someone can tell the developers/writers intention about this particular Megan scene?

Romeo
7th Sep 2011, 22:25
I have many similarities to Jaron Namir, including the fact that I have no visible genitalia.

Call me.
I just shot Monster Energy out my nose. It burns. This is, without a doubt, the best comment I have ever read in the history of... Ever.

JCpies
10th Sep 2011, 16:01
I just shot Monster Energy out my nose. It burns. This is, without a doubt, the best comment I have ever read in the history of... Ever.

Thank you, it's an honour. I am humbled.

MrChowderClam
10th Sep 2011, 17:11
Jaron clearly needs to get himself a d:nut:ck in a box

JCpies
10th Sep 2011, 18:52
Maybe he should go to Pen Island.