PDA

View Full Version : Pacifist Achievement really hard to get due to bugs.

cooper56
4th Sep 2011, 14:34
Not because its hard with ai or lack of tools to do so its because of bugs and people dieing randomly. Every time you kill someone with no lethal i would check for some reason i did not get the achivment but i killed no one in the games besides bosses. This is due to bug from what im told of some times someone dieing when you knock them out from the environment so really you need to check every person.

On2wheels
4th Sep 2011, 16:48
possible spoiler Question: do the guards at the end boss affect this achieve if they die from the electricity shocks?

neuronek
4th Sep 2011, 17:36
agree, I finished my 3-rd playthrough yesterday evening and:
a) Avoided almost 100% of takedowns (except zeke once just for fun)
b) Didn't throw a single emp nade under any mechs
c) Didn't trigger a single alarm (except when Zhao does her thing ^^)
d) Used my guns only in boss battles

still no achievement...

do I have to sneak past the intro and not shoot a single guy there too?
I can sneak past the first room in the sarif intro with 2 guards, and then with 3 guards without stealth, but those 5 guys are just impossible for me.

I'd really like to know the exact criteria for the pacifist since I think I more than made it 3 times already and never got it. I'm starting to think that if You take 1 guy down in this game and then walk over his fingers - he'll die or sth, this achievement is paranoid. All other are pretty easy compared to this one.

just_dont_do_it
4th Sep 2011, 17:58
do I have to sneak past the intro and not shoot a single guy there too?
It seems that great many people fall into this simple pitfall yet later they inflict much more pain on themselves by inventing some rather hilarious rules.

YES, YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO KILL PEOPLE IN PROLOGUE.

Otherwise, it doesn't matter if a person dies a "buggy" death after you shoot it with dart or do a non-lethal takedown.
A major necessary (but not sufficient) condition for receiving this achievement goes as follows:
* you MUST receive 20 exp "merciful soul" bonus per each "man down" event.

You also can destroy robots with impunity, and their explosions may kill already downed people. In fact, it seems that you may kill already downed people with whatever means possible and it won't ruin your achievement (but killing Mr. Chan in a subquest WILL ruin it).

Bawtzki
4th Sep 2011, 18:52
possible spoiler Question: do the guards at the end boss affect this achieve if they die from the electricity shocks?

I don't think so, I've had a few die and still got the achievement in the end.

Lebowski2000
4th Sep 2011, 22:55
I had to play another round because the stupid TRANQUILIZER GUN is glitched. The gun sometimes kills enemies instead of putting them asleep. This is exactly why they have to give us STATS, where you can track your progress.

But because it's a beautiful game, I didnt mind playing it again.

But look out for the tranq. gun. It kills sometimes!

TheMaK
5th Sep 2011, 00:07
Yeah, stats would be a huge improvement...

...but it's gonna come as a 10€ DLC :rasp:

Nah, I'm having faith in Eidos. I guess they have already plans implementing it (-hopefully).

ufo8mycat
5th Sep 2011, 01:21
Theres another thread on here which has the link, but it is pretty much confirmed that if you get a skull icon when you tranq someone, it won't prevent you from getting Pacifest achievement.

Lebowski2000
5th Sep 2011, 19:48
Theres another thread on here which has the link, but it is pretty much confirmed that if you get a skull icon when you tranq someone, it won't prevent you from getting Pacifest achievement.

Well clearly not in my game then. And if you google it, there are many other complaining about it too. So not confirmed. The only real solution is/are stats, then you can know for sure.