PDA

View Full Version : Quietly Opening doors?

airwalk331
3rd Sep 2011, 21:09
Is there a way to quietly open doors?

There have been a ton of times when I enter a room while someone is sitting with their back to the door but whenever I open it they wake up or turn around immediately.

Is there a way to quietly open doors? How do you do it?

P4NCH0theD0G
3rd Sep 2011, 21:59
Don't think so. But it only attracts attention if they are very close. Slide doors are less loud than regular ones.

Open door, hide, wait for them to return, do your thing.

And careful with doors, you'll always be opening them away from you. And doors actually can trigger laser beam alarms...

airwalk331
3rd Sep 2011, 22:04
Don't think so. But it only attracts attention if they are very close. Slide doors are less loud than regular ones.

Open door, hide, wait for them to return, do your thing.

And careful with doors, you'll always be opening them away from you. And doors actually can trigger laser beam alarms...

Hmmm, good to know. Thanks!

It seems off because when I hover over it, it pulls up the X button prompt and says "force" etc. which makes me think there's a quieter way to interact with it.

Erogath
3rd Sep 2011, 22:56
hell I use doors all the time to break one away from the pack, just open the door until I get their attention then take down when they investigate. Nobody ever knows i was there ;)

airwalk331
4th Sep 2011, 00:42
I just wish there was a way to quietly open a door and sneak up on someone when their back is turned. But I guess that, realistically, if I opened a door with someone relatively close, even weith their back turned, they'd hear me.