PDA

View Full Version : Question about Smooth Operator.

djtanng
3rd Sep 2011, 19:41
If I don't see Smooth Operator pop up at the end of a mission, does that mean I set off an alarm and ruined Foxiest of the Hounds? Because after the first boss fight, it didn't pop up. I want to know if I should just restart the mission.

Dracorat
3rd Sep 2011, 19:59
It pops up right as the fight starts, not as the fight ends.

djtanng
3rd Sep 2011, 20:07
It pops up right as the fight starts, not as the fight ends.

In that case, it didn't pop up there either. If I successfully hack a computer within one second of being caught, does that beeping sound count as an alarm?

Dracorat
3rd Sep 2011, 20:15
It does.

djtanng
3rd Sep 2011, 20:23
It does.

Guess I have to restart my game again, this time I wont even look at a computer unless I have to. This whole time I thought that all SUCCESSFULL hacks were okay. This sucks! This achievement is so confusing. There should be a stats page I can check.

Quillan
3rd Sep 2011, 20:41
You can successfully hack a computer and still set off an alarm, if a camera sees you do it. I just finished my hard level playthrough, hacked every single computer I could find, and got the Foxiest achievement. Not all missions give the Smooth Operator bonus.

As best people have figured out so far, the area has to have those alarm panels or cameras. If an enemy runs and sets off the alarm, you fail a hack and it sounds an alarm, or you get caught on camera that goes hostile it sounds and alarm, those are the things you have to avoid. During the Montreal portion of this last playthrough, I hacked the alarm panels before the guards arrived. After I shot one from concealment, another ran for the panel to set off the alarm, but was unable. Had I not hacked the panel first, I would not have got the achievement.

djtanng
3rd Sep 2011, 20:51
So you're saying that just because I don't see Smooth Operator pop up, it doesn't necessarily mean that I failed Foxiest?

Dracorat
3rd Sep 2011, 21:08
That much is true - sometimes Smooth Operator doesn't pop up when you haven't failed - the police station for instance, if you make them friendly, won't pop it up and you'll still be ok.