PDA

View Full Version : Something I actually MISSED from IW

3nails4you
3rd Sep 2011, 19:14
The ONE thing I can think of that I at least sort of missed from IW (besides the Omar, I guess) was the ability to climb. There's always the jump like a madman aug, but it seems like a lot of obstacles were just at the height that I couldn't jump over them, while in reality my amazing augmented arms would, in reality, be able to grab on and hoist me up real quick. What do you guys think...was this an improvement or a loss of a really cool feature? On that subject, is there anything else anyone in particular misses from IW, but not necessarily from the original? Post your thoughts!

ZakKa89
3rd Sep 2011, 19:15
I erased IW from my memory at a shrink.

Artfunkel
3rd Sep 2011, 19:18
Since the last game I sank a significant amount of time into was the Dark Mod, I really missed mantling. Sliding down a wall because your toes didn't hook the top edge is really arbitrary. :(

mad825
3rd Sep 2011, 20:30
The physics engine. I used to spend at least ten minutes throwing stuff around and especially the flaming barrels, Nobody blames me if they get caught on fire :D .

JCpies
3rd Sep 2011, 20:33
My favourite aspect from Invisible War. One of the only things I like.

Kodaemon
3rd Sep 2011, 20:37
The physics engine. I used to spend at least ten minutes throwing stuff around and especially the flaming barrels, Nobody blames me if they get caught on fire :D .

I've got something you might like in HR: try throwing barrels at cars, see what happens.

unbeatableDX
3rd Sep 2011, 20:50
I've got something you might like in HR: try throwing barrels at cars, see what happens.

its a nice touch they added.

about hoisting up ledges- its in system shock 2 surprisingly. a 12 year old game.....
its not important that its not in HR though, since box stacking and jump enhancement can get you anywhere that the invisible walls will let you. did invisible war have invisible walls?

what i missed from invisible war- multitools, karkians and greasels and other animals, interaction with many objects, 3 hubs.... DX:HR is still better than IW though. but the things i listed are important to deus ex.

Kodaemon
3rd Sep 2011, 21:05
Exploding cars are nice, but what makes them pure entertainment is that no one will blame you for them if you set them on fire by throwing barrels/crates at them. It's even possible to start entire shootouts between various gangs and police this way.

unbeatableDX
3rd Sep 2011, 21:07
hey i didnt know they exploded! i thought you was talking about the alarms going off. would have been cool if you could pick up cars with heavy lifting aug!

Kodaemon
3rd Sep 2011, 21:16
For massive lulz, go near the police station and start exploding cars one by one.

"I don't know, man, something's going on here..."

Doom972
3rd Sep 2011, 21:18
While I would've liked to have that, I don't think it really matters. If they wanted you to be able to climb something, they would've made it in the appropriate height. The only difference that that feature would have made is that certain obstacles would've been made higher so you still can't climb them.

unbeatableDX
3rd Sep 2011, 21:24
For massive lulz, go near the police station and start exploding cars one by one.

"I don't know, man, something's going on here..."

ha ha. i definately have to try that. one problem with this game is if you massacre everyone, nearby quest characters rarely react- for example i killed zeke, then all the cops and the hostage and greg. malik DID get pissed that i killed the hostage. but she didnt seem to care that i murdered everyone a few feet away, and i even killed the cops at the start of the mission. (i like to have the combat rifle & revolver at the start) but it must be so hard to have the game react to everything you, the player, can think of.

ZakKa89
3rd Sep 2011, 22:50
Exploding cars are nice, but what makes them pure entertainment is that no one will blame you for them if you set them on fire by throwing barrels/crates at them. It's even possible to start entire shootouts between various gangs and police this way.

Thank you!