The series is now complete!

They're hi-def too.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD4AD8C177A6E17EE

djtanng
3rd Sep 2011, 04:17
... even if nobody sees or attacks me?

Tuttle
3rd Sep 2011, 04:21
If the alarms goes off because of the failed hack attempt, yes.

Edit: Sometimes you're better off disconnecting if you get detected too soon.

Dracorat
3rd Sep 2011, 07:56
First half of first visit to Heng Sha online now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m__ar8PPSD0

Charity Diary
3rd Sep 2011, 09:56
So I've played three entire playthroughs, each one solely to get the Foxiest of the Hounds achievement. I just finished my third attempt, and I still haven't got the achievement. No one ever sees me. I reload if anyone (including cameras, turrets, and robots) even gets suspicious. I never even killed anyone, and I only used takedowns when absolutely necessary, being sure to stash the body in a nearby airvent, ao that another guard wouldn't find it 20 minutes later when I was in another area. I never failed any hacks, or destroyed any robots, turrets, or cameras. I saved and reloaded a lot, so not a single person ever saw me, except for the bosses.
I've done this THREE TIMES! Why the heck can't I get this achievement? Is it glitched or something? NO ONE SAW ME FOR THE ENTIRE GAME!

Snowranger19
3rd Sep 2011, 10:07
Are the people you are using takedowns on seeing you before you take them out? I know I have seen them go hostile right before I take them out, that counts as being seen.

Charity Diary
3rd Sep 2011, 10:08
I only used takedowns to knock out guards from behind. I only used the takedown like 3 times the whole game.

Charity Diary
3rd Sep 2011, 10:09
Are the people you are using takedowns on seeing you before you take them out? I know I have seen them go hostile right before I take them out, that counts as being seen.

Also, it doesn't matter if you're seen. If there is only one guard in an area, and he sees you a millisecond before you take him out, it doesn't matter. However, if there are other guards, they are ALL somehow INSTANTLY alerted... But no, no one saw me. AT ALL. And yes, I'm sure, because I've played the game freaking six times.

NKD
3rd Sep 2011, 10:35
No idea... the achievement is certainly possible to get. I got it on my second playthrough. But there's no way of telling where you went wrong.

Lebowski2000
3rd Sep 2011, 10:58
That's exactly the reason why they could have implemented STATS!

Things as "times alerted enemies" and "times spotted by this or that" would be very helpful.

I hope you will get the achievement next time, good luck!

Jordasm
3rd Sep 2011, 12:15
To get foxiest you have to get smooth operator on all of these

Detroit
M5 - Investigating the Suicide Terrorist
Retrieve the dead terrorist's Neural Hub (Note that I did not get this when talking Wayne into letting me in. I reloaded and went in stealth without permission and got it.)

M9/M10 - FEMA Camp
Infiltrate the Mercenary Compound
Locate the Mercenary Leader

Tai Yong Medical
M1 - Searching for Proof
Enter TYM's tower by passing through the Pangu
Find and view Van Bruggen's recording
M2 - Entering the Dragon's Lair
Confront Zhao in the Penthouse
Escape and get to the hangar

Picus
M1 - Confronting Eliza Cassan
Escape the ambush by reaching a lower floor
Summon the Funicular
Wait for the Funicular (Note that I did not get a Smooth Operator for this objective, but got the achievement anyway, guide might be mistaken here.
Get inside room 802-11

Detroit 2
M2 - Finding Isaias Sandoval
Go to the Convention Center and obtain Sandoval's location from Taggart.
Find and confront Sandoval

Hengsha 2
M4 - Stowing Away
Retrieve Tong's Package from the Shed
Place the C4 on Administrator Wang's Desk

Omega Ranch
M1 - Rescuing Megan and Her team
Search for Signs of Megan's Team
Disable the Signal Jammer
Upload a virus to the security computer and enter the restricted area

Panchaea
M1 - Shutting Down Darrow's Signal
Get inside the tower and disengage the lockdown
Reach the Broadcast Center

Dracorat
3rd Sep 2011, 16:39
Good list - thanks for posting it!

Also, vid 12 now online ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gE6MAZPUB8A

Dracorat
4th Sep 2011, 17:43
15 vids are now up. Latest is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wY1XQQu4n8

This takes you through the second visit to Detroit.

Dracorat
5th Sep 2011, 02:04
Part 16 - The beginning is sad for us all. =(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I59DzX1lHcM

Dracorat
6th Sep 2011, 07:05
The series is now complete!

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD4AD8C177A6E17EE

likta
6th Sep 2011, 07:48
Thank you Dracorat for your good work. Helped me a lot at certain spots.

Dracorat
6th Sep 2011, 15:00
You're welcome!

GreasedScotsman
8th Sep 2011, 07:02
How do you know if you get Ghost or Smooth Operator for "Place the C4 on Administrator Wang's Desk" since that level ends w/ a cutscene? I did get Ghost and Smooth Op for the midpoint, getting the package, of course.

Charity Diary
8th Sep 2011, 16:41
I ended up trading the game in. I beat it seven times, each time trying to get Foxiest. Never got it. It must be glitched or something, because I KNOW I was never seen... Oh well.

Dracorat
9th Sep 2011, 00:41
How do you know if you get Ghost or Smooth Operator for "Place the C4 on Administrator Wang's Desk" since that level ends w/ a cutscene? I did get Ghost and Smooth Op for the midpoint, getting the package, of course.

You don't unfortunately. But I've been watching your vids and I know you won't have a problem =)

(I even mentioned you in one of my vids)

hogpog8290
9th Sep 2011, 04:26
So if a guard spots me I lose any chance of getting the foxiest of hounds achievement even if I stop them from sounding the alarm. I just started my second run and during the tutorial mission the guards saw me but I knocked them out with gas.

Also I am trying to hit three birds with one stone. I'm going for the pacifist, foxiest of the hounds, and legend achievement all in one play through, Too ambitious?

likta
9th Sep 2011, 07:09
So if a guard spots me I lose any chance of getting the foxiest of hounds achievement even if I stop them from sounding the alarm. I just started my second run and during the tutorial mission the guards saw me but I knocked them out with gas.

Also I am trying to hit three birds with one stone. I'm going for the pacifist, foxiest of the hounds, and legend achievement all in one play through, Too ambitious?

Guards being suspicious, alarmed or even hostile will not ruin your foxiest achievements. Being briefly seen by turrets or robots won't either. You don't need the ghost bonus for foxiest. Oh and its not too ambitious. Watch Dracorats Walkthrough on youtube. They are very good and he takes his time telling you WHY he does things the way he does.

Berel
9th Sep 2011, 07:44
Thanks for the guide Dracorats, really helpful. I'm on my third playthrough now trying to get this achievement. I'm certain I did it right the second time but didn't get it so now following your guide and see if that helps.

Dracorat
17th Sep 2011, 03:51
How did it work out Berel?

bry610
19th Sep 2011, 06:36
i need help.

trying to do foxiest (already did passivist).

stuck at police station.

im going to list in as much detail as i can what i did, for some reason i cannot get it to say smooth operator.

1- i go to the front of the police station, and stack a box that i find in the dead end on top of a dumpster to get over the fence into the back alley.
2-open the storage unit for the bracelet and ebooks for side quest.
3-put box under fire escape, hack door panel, once in, maneuver past camera (did not alert suspicious), around corner, past cop leaning on rail, and into duct, into first room, read emails on computer, back out the way i came (this time cop paroling, but did not see me).
4-up fire escape ladder to roof, in duct, open door, taser guard and grab pocsec, enter code on first door to right, enter duct in room, go into next room, hack computer, read emails for side quest, back out the way i came (dragging body into duct, and tasering second time for insurance.)
5-down fire escape, into sewers, hack police door, maneuver past camera (did not alert suspicious,) disable lasers, hack morgue panel, get chip. i get ghost, but do not get smooth operator.

-------------
second strategy.

same as before, only skipping the side quest objectives, instead straight into sewers to get chip.
-----------
third strategy.

1-same thing to get into back alley.
2-up firescreen to roof.
3-maneuver my way to stairs winding down, and past the patrolling guard on main floor, into duct in bathroom, down other stairs to morgue area, wait for bottom level patrolling guard to walk past lasers, and slip in behind him, after he leaves room, hack morgue panel and get chip.

still get ghost, no smooth operator.

likta
19th Sep 2011, 07:06
I did not get smooth operator there either but still got my foxiest achievment at the end. If you are 100% certain that you did not cause any alarm you are fine.