PDA

View Full Version : Icarus Landing System won't let me get where I can without it

funkRush
2nd Sep 2011, 16:34
The Icarus Landing System has a bug. For example in Hengsha you can get 3 energy cells for the area stun gun by falling from a railing onto some vent.
If you have the Icarus augmentation you won't be able to land on that little vent because the system activates and you automatically land on the ground beneath the vent.

Makes me sad because now I can't get the 3 cells. I noticed this by chance because I just upgraded the augmentation a second before I saw that ammunition hidden there.

Kind Regards

Fluffis
2nd Sep 2011, 19:18
The Icarus Landing System has a bug. For example in Hengsha you can get 3 energy cells for the area stun gun by falling from a railing onto some vent.
If you have the Icarus augmentation you won't be able to land on that little vent because the system activates and you automatically land on the ground beneath the vent.

Makes me sad because now I can't get the 3 cells. I noticed this by chance because I just upgraded the augmentation a second before I saw that ammunition hidden there.

Kind Regards

Honestly, as cool as it looks, I think they'd have been a lot better off not having those infernal cutscenes at all. Just let us control descent instead. The whole thing just gets so jarring, like if you do a takedown on someone who's been knocked over... all of a sudden he may be walking along, getting tapped on the shoulder and knocked down.

No, the cutscenes were never a good idea, imo.

yummie
2nd Sep 2011, 20:53
I also hope those scenes will be something they leave out of the next game (which I am sure will be made). I've pretty much only seen negative critique about it. It's in no way game breaking, but it would be better to just have takedowns as melee and landing system activate without any scene after falling a certain distance.

A lot of the "press" and "hold" to do stuff feels heavily aimed at consoles also. Tapping a button quickly too often registers as holding it. Having them as separate buttons is also something I'd like to see, along with fixing some other rather consoley issues (menu scrolling without scroll bars, four-button mechanisms).

I think it's a great game, but there are a few things that could be done better, Especially when it comes to the PC version. Bugs aside.