PDA

View Full Version : Megan Reed and Patient X Explanation?!?

dannyboy
2nd Sep 2011, 13:28
Why did Dr. Reed make out like it was such a big deal how she'd found the DNA of patient-x when it was just Adam's DNA?!

It doesn't seem like that big a deal but she actually says: "it's so massive it could bring down Sarif industries".

Also, how **** was the ending that you don't find out what happens to the world after his decision... that ambiguous and bull**** moral lesson crap is really boring and just plain lazy.

just_dont_do_it
2nd Sep 2011, 13:42
the ending that you don't find out what happens to the world after his decision
Deus Ex 1 happens. No matter your desicion. To find out more, play it.

daviareias
2nd Sep 2011, 15:43
if you do the quest forgotten acquaintances, you will find out that jensen was part of a military project testing genetic therapy treatments on infants done by a laboratory called white helix. In the experiment every child died but jensen survived.

I dont remember where, but you can read an email by someone talking about how Page I guess, developed a way to foresee how human DNA evolution would be, and in the same email he talks about Jensen's DNA stating that "it's like it were on a step above on the ladder of evolution".

As white helix was probably an Illuminati lab, Reed is afraid because although she analized Adam's DNA and found out its potential, his DNA was already pre made. So the finding isnt exactly hers.

Mobius32
2nd Sep 2011, 16:07
First off, Spoilers, dude! Not everyone has beaten the game yet

I dont remember where, but you can read an email by someone talking about how Page I guess, developed a way to foresee how human DNA evolution would be, and in the same email he talks about Jensen's DNA stating that "it's like it were on a step above on the ladder of evolution".

I think it was "two steps above", wasn't it?

And OP, if the fact that Adam's DNA is much more "evolved" than everyone else's, which makes him immune to the "rejection syndrome" that eveyone else needs that extremely expensive neuroprozene(spellign?) drug to counteract doesn't make is DNA "special" enough, then I don't know what would.

Poison_Berrie
2nd Sep 2011, 18:19
Why did Dr. Reed make out like it was such a big deal how she'd found the DNA of patient-x when it was just Adam's DNA?!

It doesn't seem like that big a deal but she actually says: "it's so massive it could bring down Sarif industries".

It's a big deal, because
a) It's Adam's DNA, but she never told him about it
b) The discovery could revolutionize how people deal with augmentation rejection. Basically making augmentation a lot less troublesome to have and thus easier to come by. Something the Illuminati fear.

Also, how **** was the ending that you don't find out what happens to the world after his decision... that ambiguous and bull**** moral lesson crap is really boring and just plain lazy.
What happens is that your decision means very little. Eventually it leads to the world of the first Deus Ex.
The decision is your mostly a personal decision.

daviareias
2nd Sep 2011, 18:56
I've just found the message, its at the very beginning of the game, you open reed's computer and go to the 4th email, she even shouts at you "stop reading my emails!".

flunkorg
3rd Sep 2011, 04:35
Actually:
Thanks to Adam's DNA, they where able to make great strides in nanoaugmentation. You can read up on it if you hacks Megan's computer in the white room.

Rtech
3rd Sep 2011, 05:45
In real life if you take someone's blood and isolate DNA from it without consent of the donor, it becomes a huge legal issue so that can bring down Sarif Industries legally. Also, Adam's DNA is the product of White Helix Labs and technically this discovery is not a discovery but becomes a property issue of White Helix. Reed, as a researcher did not want to be seen as taking credit for someone else's work.

Pinky_Powers
3rd Sep 2011, 07:23
In the end it's a very complicated issue, and it makes perfect sense that Reed would feel great apprehension over the whole thing.

simonpm
3rd Sep 2011, 15:01
I seem to remember in one of the emails that White Helix Labs was a subsidiary of Versalife .... Hint Hint - more of Mr Page's nefariousness at work.

Kodaemon
3rd Sep 2011, 15:07
I seem to remember in one of the emails that White Helix Labs was a subsidiary of Versalife .... Hint Hint - more of Mr Page's nefariousness at work.

Little Bobby must have been a very nefarious toddler indeed.