PDA

View Full Version : Adam Jensen Vs Zombies <spoiler>

MightyMatty
1st Sep 2011, 22:10
I want to play Deus Ex: Zombie Revolution...so badly. The part of the game where everyone goes crazy...they could easily be zombies. And it would be awesome. I know too much awesome in one place is like matter meeting anti-matter, but in this case, that awesomeness would be infinite.

L0neWolf
1st Sep 2011, 22:17
play Hessian
it's free
beliebe me when i'm saying console games are meant to steal your money:/

Frag Maniac
1st Sep 2011, 22:21
Geez, doesn't anyone ever get tired of zombies? You want zombies, Dead Island is out in 5 days, play it.

The only thing I don't like about the way they made the crazy ones, which I call the "Augmental", is the animations and voice acting doesn't fit the mood music, which is more scary than they are. I also find their being able to swat you whilst being much too far away to actually contact you just adds to the cartoonish feel of it all, along with the game's psychedelic onscreen injury indicators, which remind me of DiRT 2 & 3's neon colors flashing when you drive near trackside cameras.

Ashpolt
1st Sep 2011, 22:23
There's simply no facepalm big enough.

sonicsidewinder
1st Sep 2011, 22:27
I can't wait for The Logical Journey of the Zoombinis DLC.

Zoombini Zombies. It will be teh sh1t!

Frag Maniac
1st Sep 2011, 22:35
I didn't even like the boss fight part of the ending. The cutscene kinda leads you to believe it will be epic, but it's sorta epic fail instead. I'm also not a big fan of a dev team touting various "endings", when in reality it's only a few different end game cutscenes via simply pushing different buttons. I'd much rather have various ways to actually PLAY the ending, even if that part is very brief. Admittedly though, the ending of the original Deus Ex had mere cutscene choices too.

Ragequit
2nd Sep 2011, 02:44
Yeah Panchaea and everything past that was a fairly big letdown, although the music did provide a good eerie feeling

EricaLeeV
2nd Sep 2011, 02:50
Agree about the Panchea part...though honestly ever since Adam just went to that cryo-chamber seemingly without knowing about it then taking a leap of faith and just jumping in it hoping to go somewhere he wanted to go...just eh.

Then there was the crazy moving medical models room and the rocket that is in the same room as you and that conveniently goes right where you need to go and the make-people-crazy button and the fact that the 'zombies' attack you but don't attack each other and then the whole Hyron project. I mean what happened?

MightyMatty
2nd Sep 2011, 03:47
I guess for me when the button was switched and I encountered the 'augmentals' <genius!> my first reaction was to think "wtf...this is weak". Especially as the NPC AI was terrible. I was expecting something like 28 days later. Mental frenzied bastards sprinting at me and taking 2 mags to drop. It all seemed like an after thought concept and implementation wise...but then as I battled on it sort of dawned on me that the solid world of deus ex was suddenly compromised and not serious at all anymore (like in my mind, the escapism I had bolted myself to suddenly fell apart). As I sat and deliberated on it I realized there was a message there. We're all augmentals in our own way, paranoid and controlled by higher powers who bend us to their will. Then I liked it. And then I wanted Adam Jensen to fight proper Zombies. Future augmented zombies from the planet zog.

Frag Maniac
2nd Sep 2011, 04:56
As I sat and deliberated on it I realized there was a message there. We're all augmentals in our own way, paranoid and controlled by higher powers who bend us to their will. Then I liked it. And then I wanted Adam Jensen to fight proper Zombies. Future augmented zombies from the planet zog.Even if you DO feel there are some parallels there to real life, as mentioned the way they portrayed the augmented gone crazy was just not convincing and the escapism falls apart as you said. That is a hard thing to take in an ending of a game like this, where you expect much more.

I keep coming back to Dead Space 2 being the most epic game I've played so far this year.

Mobius32
2nd Sep 2011, 05:08
I was actually a little excited when I first go tto Panchea. The atmosphere was awesome(if a little out of place), and some of the dead maintenance workers had some pretty sick looking hand augs (drills, welding torches, etc). I was expecting blood-covered crazy animals that would come out of nowhere, be hard to kill and have wicked built-in weapons.

What I got was a bunch of moaning pansies that would occasionally run up and b!tchslap me. Gotta say, I was more than a little dissapointed

dekklinofdeath
2nd Sep 2011, 05:28
Best moment in the game was panchea on my second (non-lethal) playthrough. I saved all of my PEPS ammo throughout the game for it. I only used PEPS a couple of times before. So many zombies, vvvvVVVVAAWOOSH... More still charging, slow reload of the PEPS... it was exhilarating.

Doom972
2nd Sep 2011, 06:25
Want to play a cybepunk action RPG where you fight zombies? Play System Shock 2. If that's too ugly and difficult for you (as it was for me), try Bioshock - It's steampunk but you still get augmentations and hack cameras and turrets and everything.

L0neWolf
2nd Sep 2011, 07:22
Want to play a cybepunk action RPG where you fight zombies? Play System Shock 2. If that's too ugly and difficult for you (as it was for me), try Bioshock - It's steampunk but you still get augmentations and hack cameras and turrets and everything.

this. Will never forget psycho kinetik whatever monkeys

JCpies
2nd Sep 2011, 08:08
There's simply no facepalm big enough.

http://www.everfunny.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Gods-Face-Palm.jpg

Jordasm
2nd Sep 2011, 08:26
Whilst I liked how Panchaea looked it seemed like a very rushed ending, I felt it should have finished in Singapore at the Omega Ranch, that felt more like a last level than Panchaea did. That and the final bossfight was really, really anticlimactic and probably the easiest bossfight I've EVER had

CarpeNukemXVIII
2nd Sep 2011, 13:23
Sheesh, tough crowd. I didn't have that much of a problem with it. MGS4 had similar moments(it was excecuted better there though), and I liked them in that game too. It could have definitely been excecuted better, and the LIMB clinic was so random. I did enjoy the fight, even though it was too easy, even on Hard.

Frag Maniac
2nd Sep 2011, 20:49
I thought the LIMB clinic at Panchaea just added to the lack of serious macabre tone in the end level. Here we have a gal all panicked and barricaded in, but she's still gleefully open for biz. Would have been much better if when you get to the clinic you have the chance to rescue her before the Augmentals kill her, or you come upon the place after it's been trashed, with corpses and blood strewn about.

Deus.EXE
3rd Sep 2011, 02:14
http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p275/DeusEXE/REJensen.jpg

:D
... mirite?

Brian175
3rd Sep 2011, 02:27
Gosh...It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.

LkMax
3rd Sep 2011, 03:32
Is the phrase "I never asked for this" the new "A BOMB!" meme? "What a shame..."

PS: No need for another zombie mode in a game that have nothing to do with... zombies.

Ashbery76
3rd Sep 2011, 16:49
Panchaea was the weak link in the game.A very bad ending level on many fronts.