PDA

View Full Version : Modding in Absolution

Agent94
1st Sep 2011, 17:13
Will there be modding tools in Hitman Absolution? I feel after several games, you really owe the community the ability to create their own levels. Modding is a standard in alot of popular titles out there and it adds alot of unique gameplay turning a game of 12 hours into weeks if not months.

Id like to see a map development kit at least. I will be disappointed otherwise that a successful series isn't meeting the modding community at least half way.

Hitori
21st Oct 2011, 03:25
Will there be modding tools in Hitman Absolution? I feel after several games, you really owe the community the ability to create their own levels. Modding is a standard in alot of popular titles out there and it adds alot of unique gameplay turning a game of 12 hours into weeks if not months.

Id like to see a map development kit at least. I will be disappointed otherwise that a successful series isn't meeting the modding community at least half way.

I agree.
And why do i agree?
Because last hitman game i played tru all missions in under 7 days!

Really the only thing to do after that was to load saved games and use cheatcodes to wreak havoc, and eaven that fun only lasted for another week at best.

Also to release a few editor tools is not to mutch to ask for as developers may already have made a pro version for themselves.

Xcom
21st Oct 2011, 16:00
I'd like modding tools as any other person, but as graphics become more complex it also becomes increasingly difficult to release modding tools suitable for average user. I get the impression that some people are still thinking about modding in terms of levels, maps like it's Quake 3 Arena. Map Development Kit? I have no idea what software IO uses to create levels for Absolution, but what if they simply use a 3d suite like Maya to craft levels? Then what? I suppose they can release some conversion tools but you'll need that professional 3D software and you'll need to be an expert in it in order to create something significant.

I'm just saying that it may not be as simple as it sounds.

Because last hitman game i played tru all missions in under 7 days!

Then consider yourself lucky. I played through all missions in under 7 hours. :p

Odinsreaver
5th Nov 2011, 05:44
Oh, god.
Modding Hitman Blood Money was a completely and utter pain, by loading each level, and typing to find the file and replacing it using the Glacier editor. :mad2:

Rhamka
12th Dec 2011, 00:56
I agree, allow a level editor and weapons mod at least

mbangali
11th Jan 2012, 04:54
Well according to me level editor will be really helpful to add new things in the game. also we can have modify the map by using that. click here (http://forums.techarena.in/)

omega77
11th Jan 2012, 16:46
i think they should take a note out of infamous 2's level editor. which was awesome and you could go into some real detail and create what you like.